Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Hillsboro, OR

Updated Aug 3, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online and it took about two months to actually get called back. Once I got called back though, the process went very quickly! First, I was contacted for a phone screening that was pretty straightforward with a few behavioral questions and technical questions that felt like they were read off of a paper. After passing the phone screening I was contacted two days later with a second more technical phone screening. It also had a few behavioral questions and a few questions that actually asked me how I would design a program. A couple days after that, I was contacted for a flight out to the Intel campus for an in person interview. The flight scheduling was really nice, Intel covered everything (flight, hotel, car rental, food). The on campus interview was rather intense, not because it was hard but because it was draining. It started at 8:00 AM and I had interviews with 9 people (mostly 1 hour, but two were half hour) ending at 5:00 PM. The on campus interviews tended to always start with a behavioral question or two, then they would lead off into technical questions. I was asked to write code on a whiteboard, locate bugs in some printed code, write code on paper, and how I would design certain solutions (sometimes with code and sometimes with just a high level overview). The Intel campus was great! It was HUGE compared to what I'm used to. The campus had three food courts (which had some good food from the lunch that was provided for me), a spa and salon, massage therapist, gym (with karate and yoga classes at the moment, but I was told more are offered), play area (ping pong tables, pool tables, air hockey tables, and what's even better is people were actually playing!), US Bank branch (not just an ATM, but actually a desk with a teller), and health center with a doctor and nurses (you know, for all the injuries programmers get from typing. Actually, you can go there for all your regular checkups).

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive Java function to reverse a String object   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Intel?   Answer Question
    • How would you design a web service to limit a user to 1000 transactions per hour?   Answer Question
    • If you have 8 coins and one weighs more than the others, give three algorithms with their best and worst case comparisons. Which of the three algorithms would you use? Alright, code the algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with an angry coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was prepared to negotiate to a higher salary, but the initial offer was actually higher than I expected. When I talked about it with the recruiter, she said that the extended a larger salary than normal to be, so no negotiation took place. If you do have to negotiate though, it sounded like the recruiter will need to take your requested salary and go back to the team you're applying for to request the new salary, so it may require a few phone calls.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a whole day interview process from morning to evening. Research talk was the first thing on the morning followed by technical interview session and lunch with the manager and three more interviews in the evening.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to motivate yourself when the work doesn't go as well as you had hoped for?   1 Answer

Process Technology Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I submitted my resume at a job fair and was contacted when a position opened several months later for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted ~45 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions and an introduction to the job tasks. I was invited for a site visit a few weeks later and did a full day interview with multiple current employees as well as a research presentation. Half of the interviews were pleasant and mostly focused on behavioral questions. The other half were very difficult, consisting of lots of high-stress questions about problem solving and technical questions about coursework from graduate school. I imagine their purpose was to push me to my intellectual limit and to see how I handled stress. Several people talked about the constant stress of the job and how tricky it was to maintain work/life balance. They did not make it seem like a desirable job, especially given how demanding it was.

Interview Questions

• Given a basic description of a machine/tool and a scenario (i.e. this readout isn't working), how would you go about fixing it?   Answer Question

D1C Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Basic electronic troubleshooting knowledge is a must. Phone interview was scheduled first, followed by a group interview. They asked a series of situation based questions followed by technical questions. Overall, the interview process was not difficult.

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied through Collage and had the first interview with a area manager on campus. After the end the first interview which took 30 min he asked whether I'll be interested for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• They were more interested in problem solving skills of the candidate.   Answer Question

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

A resume was submitted to the recruiter through out department. There was a hour long info session with pizza, attended by 50 people. I was selected for an on campus interview, which seemed to be an initial screening to see the seriousness and potential fit. It was essentially a resume discussion and lasted 20 minutes. This lead to an on site interview, which took all day. This included a thesis presentation, and numerous two on one interviews, a window tour, and lunch. I was lead to believe that they select the majority of qualified candidates for an on campus interview, then somewhere between 10 and 20 percent of those for an on site interview, and then they extend an offer to slightly more than half of those that are flown to Portland, OR.

Interview Questions

• Questions were to determine how you work with people, or how your thought process works. Nothing was pulling specific technical knowledge.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Very informal interview process. People were very friendly and polite. Level of questions was average. Had multiple interviews on logic design, architecture and circuit design.Very informal interview process. People were very friendly and polite. Level of questions was average. Had multiple interviews on logic design, architecture and circuit design.

Intel Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview started at 9:15 am. Met with an engineer who gave a high level overview of the position for 45 mins and answered questions. 1 hour PhD work presentation. 1 hour one-on-one interview. 2 hour lunch. 2 additional one hour one-on-ones with managers (the second one wasn't technical and was in charge of seeing you out). Finished by about 3:30 pm.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had any sort of tool ownership (very interested in this aspect). Since I have a lot of experience, we didn't even discuss too much - lots of back and forth Q&A both ways.   Answer Question

D1C Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Got the refer from a previous memeber from my lab, and got the email to arrange a phone interview in one week. The phone interview took about one hour, a lot of behavior questions and technical questions. It was focused on instruments and trouble shooting skills. At the end of the phone interview I was invited for on-site interview after 3 weeks. The on-site interview was very intense, including one hour presentation, and 6 one to one interview, each about one hour. Still focused on technical questions, and behavior questions. Still trouble shooting ability, and the understanding of lab instruments are very important. The ability of locate problems and sensitivity of statistics is very important. How to handle relationship with boss and coworkers, communication skills are what they would like to hear. One of the interviewer was very strict, and tough, that might be part of the stress test. It has been almost 4 weeks since the on-site, and I am still waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Most familiar instrument, and how they work. Trouble shooting experience, and specific examples. Why do you want to work for Intel? What is the most difficult problem in the graduate study, and how did you solve it? How did I determine if a vacuum system has a very minor leakage. How does XRD work, and how did I determint if a sample is single crystal or not. Talk about yourself, whatever you like to talk.   1 Answer

PTD Module and Integration Device Yield Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with questions to gauge what I've worked on in doctoral research and whether I'd be a good match for this type of position. Then invited to an onsite which included giving a presentation on my thesis work (to an audience of 2 junior engineers) and a day's worth of hour-long interviews in the cafeteria with various group leaders.

Interview Questions

• Toward the end of the day, one manager asked: from what I had heard so far, what stood out as the best aspect of the position for me and what I would find the most challenging.   Answer Question