Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Hillsboro, OR

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2015.

The interview process started with a hiring manager reaching out to me to coordinate a phone interview, the actual phone interview/screening that lasted for about 30 minutes, and the on-site interview. This hiring manager was not the actual hiring manager for the position I interviewed for when I was brought in for the on-site interview. The entire face-to-face interview was for 3-1/2 hours where I spoke with 5 Intel employees that included the actual hiring manager, hardware and software engineers, and a management staff member.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fair and based on my experience and what they look for in candidates. Since I was fairly well-prepared for both the phone and on-site interviews, I answered all the questions with confidence. As (I) expected for engineering interviews, some of the questions involved (a) processes in test and manufacturing environments, (b) test methods, (c) electrical diagrams, and (d) situational and behavioral questions.   View Answers (2)

RET Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Engineer from Intel's Lithography group gave a presentation at the school, and selected 10 students for an interview the next day. It was a 40 min interview with a mix of both technical and behavioral questions. One behavioral question was "Can you handle stress? Give an example."
    Few were selected for an onsite interview at Portland. The onsite interview lasted whole day - 9 in morning to 4 in evening. The day started with the manager of Lithography group giving a short tour of Intel and describing the hiring process. Then, I gave a one hour presentation based on my PhD research. Lots of questions were asked by the audience during the time. Following that, I had 40 min one-on-one interviews with 5 managers in the Lithography group. All managers picked up on my research fairly quickly and asked probing questions testing the depth of my knowledge. I faced only one behavioral question - how do you handle conflict?
    The lunch was with two new-hires in the lithography group. The purpose was to get a perspective from recent joinees.

Interview Questions
    • - Most questions were technical in nature, and were based on my PhD research
      - Can you handle stress? Give example
      - How do you handle conflict?

D1C Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Pretty easy process. Met with the recruiter at college career fair, got invited for in-person interview the same day and had the interview following day. The recruiter called in 3-days time to offer me to fly out to Oregon for the field interview. On-site interview was pretty much behavioral; all the interviewers just explained about what each department did and how I would fit in. Had 6 interviews with managers and an hour presentation about my Master's Thesis work. Got an offer in exactly 4 weeks time.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone will ask
      1. How do you troubleshoot machines
      2. How do you deal with a difficult member in a group

Nothing was unexpected.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

I had three rounds of interview, one face to face and two on Google hangout. The questions touched every current aspect in technology which was in demand. I received a call after a week and was offered the job at Hillsboro. I was invited for an orientation event that week to their campus and was told I would get the official offer details in a week. After two days of getting invited to the event, I received an email from the recruiter saying that she then realized that I needed work authorization and she forgot to check this even before she put me onto the interview list. So they retracted my offer ! I even asked one of my interviewers as well as a representative who took my resume during the career fair regarding this whether Intel's IT department would be offering sponsorship for me. They assured me that Intel would be sponsoring me for the Visa. Being an international student I am always worried about this one aspect. After I got the call, the HR stated repeatedly regarding the team's willingness to extend an offer and the upcoming event. I went ahead and rejected few of my other offers as well because of the polished talks. After all, Intel is a dream place for one to work. But this made me completely lose all the respect that I had for Intel. After spending an entire weekend to prepare, 3 rounds of interviews, getting an offer and then a retraction was something I never expected. The HR stopped replying to my emails after this. I am completely helpless. I wish this never happens to anyone else.

FAB TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Pretty focused on teamwork and safety. Very big deals for Intel. Know your electronics and schematics reading abilities. Also be prepared to share a bit about your past working experiences.

Interview Questions
    Phone call, and they more or less said this is the offer and made it seem I would be not selected if I didn't accept the initial offer. But I suppose that is how most companies work. This was years ago though.

Supply Chain MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2014.

Initial screen at a job fair followed by a fly-out to Hillsboro for 2 interviews. All interviews were largely behavioral with a couple of technical supply chain questions framed as behavioral question. The technical questions would be something like, "How would go you about setting up a new supply chain channel for a commodity?"

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were mainly behavioral with several supply chain technical questions. One that I remember was "How do you deal with financial risk when considering a new supplier?" The interviews are very standard with a list of questions for each interviewer to ask the candidates.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was a real low point in the recruiting process. The person negotiating with me had a very thick accent and it was really tough to talk to him. Further, the cultural differences he exhibited made me feel like he was trying to just stonewall any negotiation.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2014.

It was a very good interview process. I was interviewed by area managers and senior engineers and I also had to give them a one hour presentation on my thesis. They asked general questions about what I have studied and what my research is about. They also asked a lot of questions on my research as well as my internship and gave me scenarios that I would have to deal with and what is the best way to deal with a particular problem.

Interview Questions
    • Briefly explain what you have learnt from your research.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied online - got an email for setting up phone interview call.
    First interview call - directly with the hiring manager. Asked about past exp and resume
    then simple OS related questions and then some moderate level questions
    Second Interview call - with the team lead. Average OS related questions

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2014.

International candidate:

Got an email in late July 2014. Had a phone interview after 2 days. Called for an onsite interview at the end of the phone interview. Onsite after 3 weeks. Offered after 4 weeks.

In-between 4 weeks, got emails every week for paper work to keep my profile active and the paper work moving forward.

Interview Questions
    • Simple both technical and behavioral
      In-charge of instrument?
      Handling and maintenance?
      Responsibility?
      Any problem? How you dealt with it? what precautions taken?

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

I applied online through Intel's website and received an email to set up a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was simple, just basic questions about information on my resume, and was conducted by an operations manager. The technical questions were also basic and I was told my questions about equipment and such would have to be answered by engineers in the group later. A date for an onsite interview was then scheduled. For the onsite interview, I met with seven people (managers, engineers, technicians) one-on-one for 30 minutes each. I asked them questions about the position, their projects, and the equipment and they asked me questions about projects I worked on and previous job experience. Some of them asked one or two behavioral questions, but they were more focused on my previous projects and research experience. There were some repeated questions from each of the interviewers. Thirty minutes is really short and the time passes quickly. I was told they would get back to me in three days to a week, but they called me a few hours later and offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • The standard "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer