Intel Corporation

Getting the Interview

53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – Walk-in interview, like a info session in colleges. Some manager will raise questions about what they are interested in on your resume.

Interview Question – Questions on image processing   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online during the beginning of December 2013. Was contacted in early 2014 for a 20 minute phone interview. This consisted of behavioral questions, as well as asking about research background/resume info. Was invited for an onsite interview a few weeks later. Onsite interview consisted of casual discussion of different technologies used, whiteboard coding and discussion of team culture. Know your resume and know your CS basics (linked lists, OOP, memory allocation)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Very generous hourly rate, plus eligible for full benefits as intern. Best internship compensation I was offered by a long shot.

Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from a job that I found online. I had an initial interview with the Manger where i was asked some basic questions, before I was setup with a technical interview, with the technical lead. From there I had one final interview where I was given a personality test by some of the people on the team.

Interview Question – Explain What a Capacitor Does?   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring manager received my resume from Intel's application database. I received a request for a phone interview date and time via email. The phone interview consisted of them explaining the position, asking me behavioral questions, asking me about my resume, then finally, asking about any questions I may have.

At the end of the interview, they said they will hand my interview to their team and if anyone had any questions, they would call; however, they felt like the interview went so well that if no other team member objects, they would offer me the position. Within a week I received the request of a background check and the offer.

Mind you, I researched the group beforehand and had questions ready to ask, and asked questions based on what the manager informed me about the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?
Why do you want to work for Intel?
What are your career goals within Intel (fellow or manager route)?
What is your biggest strength and weakness?
  Answer Question

Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – It is pretty easy. Usually an hour phone screen. But some teams might require onsite. Must know Comp Arch basics, certain protocols like PCIe and Ethernet and USB and some more. Good programing skills definitely help. Knowing C,C++ Verilog, System Verilog concepts,PERL and basic OOPs concept will get you a job for sure. Besides that, you learn everything on the job.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty general. But do google puzzles they ask. Otherwise be thorough with what you have on the resume and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – Technical interview on Xor gate, NAND gates   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I applied the process engineer intern position online and get an phone interview from hiring manager.

Interview Question – ask me about my research background and experience, it turns out that my qualification does not fit his requirement.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was given an initial phone call regarding my preferences for the length of a possible internship and setting up a time to have an over-the-phone technical interview. The technical interview lasted almost an hour and consisted of 4 questions. Before I was given then questions, I was asked about the extend of my programming experience.

Interview Question – You are given consecutive vertices of a polygon. No two edges of the polygon intersect, thus the polygon can't be "inside-out". You are given an arbitrary point in the plane of the polygon. Describe an algorithm to test whether the point is in the interior or exterior of the polygon.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – Referral got me the call. Setup an interview in the next 2 days.

Interview Question – Mostly basics were tackled. Relevant skills for the team (Low power) were also addressed.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Two interviews during the whole process. First was at the SWE FY13 conference. One-on-one with the interviewer. Asked behavioral questions and for details about resume. Couple weeks later, group phone interview with co-workers of person I first interviewed with. Asked a series of behavioral-technical questions (what would you do when in ___ situation).

Interview Question – Straightforward behavioral questions. Very similar to other questions posted on this site.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the offer- salary generous.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Intern interview questions and advice. All 53 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.