Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Ankara (Turkey)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – it was a stress interview in Ankara which was really depressing. they try to catch a weak spot and insist on paraphrasing the same weak spot question over and over again for like a 100 times, then you get frustrated.

Interview Question – how would you assess the corporate structure of a company   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone call by one of the team leaders, it was a technical interview

Interview Questions

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screening at first after talking with a recruiter at a college fair and applying for jobs on their website. Was called onsite for interview for 2 potential jobs. One was in hardware testing for processors, other was for testing for architecture designs. Got a response a few weeks later saying I didn't get either job.

Interview Question – Show the transistor level diagram for basic circuit components.   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had two phone screens before meeting with someone in person at the school

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Intel?   Answer Question

Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details – I did it from Spain, there were 3 rounds - phone interview - my manager and his manager. Focused on soft skills and experiences. I had to mention a lot of examples from my previous experiences.

Interview Question – Even when I told them a lot of examples, they kept Asking Me about Telling them More.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details – They shortlisted 130 students based on their C.V. Interview was for 1 day. There were 5 rounds. 3 technical rounds, 2 HR rounds.
Key things to be thorough with : -
1. Contents in C.V.
2. B E Final year project.

Interview Question – **************** Things asked in interview

- Abstract
- TRY CATCH FINALLY THROW
- Heap

******************* Programs
- Binary to Int (vice versa)
- Swap 2 numbers without third variable
- "Bit Manipulation"
- Write a method which finds the maximum of two numbers You should not use if-else or any other comparison operator.
- Linked list
    - Create list, node
    - Insert node
    - Delete node
    - Remove duplicates in unsorted linked list.
    - Find element
    - Doubly linked list operations

- Stack Queue
    - Implement stack, queue
    - Single array to implement 3 stacks
    - Implement queue using 2 stacks
    - Given a sorted (increasing order) array, write an algorithm to create a binary tree with minimal height

- Tree
    - In, pre, post order traversal
    - Insert node
    - Delete node
    - "Breadth first search"
    - "Depth first search"

- Bit Manipulation
    - and (&), or (|) , xor (^) operations
    - Integer to binary (vice versa)
    - To know the number is odd without using "%" (mod).
    - Set 5th bit to 1.
    - Write a function to determine the number of bits required to convert integer A to integer B. Input: 31, 14 Output: 2

- String operations
    - All unique characters,
    -Anagrams, Reverse string,
    - Remove duplicates,
    - Replace ' ' (space) with '%20'
- Matrix

********************* Sorting
Bubble Sort:
Selection Sort:
Merge Sort
Quick Sort
Bucket Sort (less importance)

Data structures
- array
- Linked list / Doubly linked list
- Trees

*********** OS and CO Concepts
- Semaphore
- Addressing modes
- Context switching
- Virtual memory concept, Paging, mapping.
- Threads

- Loader

All linux commands
  View Answer

Haifa (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details – There were 3 parts to the interview - first they told me about the group, afterwards I told them about my self and some project I worked on and finally they asked me 2 coding questions and asked me to write the code for them

Interview Question – Choose 6 random numbers for a lottary between 1 to 48 with the same probability for each number   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Short listed based on Resume,Project is one of the important criteria which they will consider.
In VLSI field scripting and Static Timing Analysis are also very important.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was initiated from department. Two/Three rounds of technical interview and final HR interview. All were telephonic interviews. Technical Questions were basics of digital design, they gave a choice though to choose the subject. HR questions are ethical questions, you must be honest in your answers. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Question – Questions will be asked from nowhere, but if you are good in basics it is easier to crack. One of the question was to design the digital logic for a majority encoder of 5 inputs.   Answer Question

Folsom, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – Usually they conduct one (or sometimes two) quick phone interviews (in case of internships). If you apply online for a lot of positions, probably you can hope to get one or two interviews. They will ask for a convenient date and time and setup a phone interview.

Interview Question – How to design a (x2) frequency multiplier (not a frequency divider). Another tough problem was to find whether a circuit meets setup/ hold time requirements (that circuit also had a latch in between two flipflops)   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!