Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015
1,830 Interview Reviews

3.1

Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

interviewed by 6 engineers and two managers. Hit technical questions and past experiences. Covered behavioral questions such as how to interact with the team, entrepreneurship experiences, and past experiences to closely work with teammates. Technical questions including fundamental physics, coding, and data analysis skills

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a phone interview, they sent me an email two days earlier to inform me about the interview and then the interview took just 30 minutes. The interview was very easy and the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• They just went through my resume and asked me questions about my previous work and some of the networking protocols that I know and what programming languages I use the most.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Hiring and interview process: HR scheduled a phone interview with Hiring manager. Then got a call from HR for a scheduled on-site interview. On-site, interviewed by 5 people using behavioral questions and discuss job experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

1st round on campus interview, about 40min long, questions mainly about the resume and some behavior questions as well, pretty standard, said would follow up in two weeks, but nothing happened in two months.

Interview Questions

• describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone screening was followed by a on-site technical and HR interview. It was a long process as I was called over to a different country for the on-site interview and that required visa process. But the hiring manager took care of everything - sent an invitation letter for the embassy. The whole process starting from phone screening to the final offer took around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions Situation-Action-Result Hiring manager asked me to put the answers in the above format for each of the questions. He asked me to give an example where your opinion was different from other team members - describe the situation, what was your solution, how was it different from the solution that majority suggested, how you put your idea on the table, what was the result. He asked me to tell him about some previous experiences (can be from work, education or life) where you have to react quickly. What were the results?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was awhile ago when I interviewed but this company was the easiest interview. About half of the interview was behavioral questions which was quite easy. As long as you showed ownership and examples from past experiences you are good. They are looking for ownership, accountability, and a team player. This was a no brainer for me. The second half was technical questions which was easy as well. Although heard they revamped the interview questions but still pretty easy from those I know who went through it. As long as you have a basic understanding of mechanical, electrical and electronics you are good to go. They are also looking for a logical thinker and interested on problem solving approach. You don't have to have the 'right' answer just show a logical and systematic process/approach and support it. Most Manufacturing Technicians have no semiconductor back ground. Don't worry because they will train you. I was a primary trainer and trained engineers and technicians, many engineers knew more than me in theory, but learning there process is key.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

1 Phone Screen by Hiring Manager 3 Technical Phone Screens from Engineers All day on-site interview (1 Presentation, 1 lunch interview with Hiring Manager, 8 1:1 interviews with engineers) Phone Screens were quite technical in nature, asked questions on Applied Mathematics, C++, PhD expertise, Chemical Engineering, etc. Lunch interview with Hiring Manager was tricky with all sorts of behavioral questions aimed at judging personality, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked interview questions about my PhD, and how I would apply them to the job under consideration.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online and it took about two months to actually get called back. Once I got called back though, the process went very quickly! First, I was contacted for a phone screening that was pretty straightforward with a few behavioral questions and technical questions that felt like they were read off of a paper. After passing the phone screening I was contacted two days later with a second more technical phone screening. It also had a few behavioral questions and a few questions that actually asked me how I would design a program. A couple days after that, I was contacted for a flight out to the Intel campus for an in person interview. The flight scheduling was really nice, Intel covered everything (flight, hotel, car rental, food). The on campus interview was rather intense, not because it was hard but because it was draining. It started at 8:00 AM and I had interviews with 9 people (mostly 1 hour, but two were half hour) ending at 5:00 PM. The on campus interviews tended to always start with a behavioral question or two, then they would lead off into technical questions. I was asked to write code on a whiteboard, locate bugs in some printed code, write code on paper, and how I would design certain solutions (sometimes with code and sometimes with just a high level overview). The Intel campus was great! It was HUGE compared to what I'm used to. The campus had three food courts (which had some good food from the lunch that was provided for me), a spa and salon, massage therapist, gym (with karate and yoga classes at the moment, but I was told more are offered), play area (ping pong tables, pool tables, air hockey tables, and what's even better is people were actually playing!), US Bank branch (not just an ATM, but actually a desk with a teller), and health center with a doctor and nurses (you know, for all the injuries programmers get from typing. Actually, you can go there for all your regular checkups).

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive Java function to reverse a String object   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Intel?   Answer Question
    • How would you design a web service to limit a user to 1000 transactions per hour?   Answer Question
    • If you have 8 coins and one weighs more than the others, give three algorithms with their best and worst case comparisons. Which of the three algorithms would you use? Alright, code the algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with an angry coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was prepared to negotiate to a higher salary, but the initial offer was actually higher than I expected. When I talked about it with the recruiter, she said that the extended a larger salary than normal to be, so no negotiation took place. If you do have to negotiate though, it sounded like the recruiter will need to take your requested salary and go back to the team you're applying for to request the new salary, so it may require a few phone calls.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

THe process is good and friendly. They give me water and food. This is a 5 round interview. I meet 5 people on one day. But all people are very friendly

Interview Questions

• What did you do on your project   1 Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

A few engineers from Intel came to my university to recruit graduating doctoral students. At the end they collected resumes and emailed some students the next day for phone interviews. The phone interview was around a half hour on a Friday, and the interviewer said he would speak with groups at Intel and see if anyone was interested. The following Monday I received an email inviting me to fly out for an interview a week and a half later. The interview day started with a presentation of my thesis work and a technical interview with around 4 engineers. They took me to lunch and then a short tour of the fab, then the afternoon consisted of two interviews with a manager (one level up) and then an area manager (two levels up.)