Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015
1,719 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview about about 40 minutes. Make sure you are ready for the interview, do some research and practice your programming questions. Make sure you know how to describe the projects you have done

Temporary work permit

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Received a call to confirm a day and time to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview, I thought, was terrible. The interviewer didn't seem interested based on his tone (seemed distracted and rushed). Oddly enough, I was called in for an in-person interview really quick (within a week or less). This was composed of a series of four interviews over the course of four hours. None of the questions were technical or related to the position, but more along the lines of behavioral and similar. I left firmly believing I had the position but was called a week later that I didn't get it.

I'm honestly a very shy and anxious-ridden person and didn't feel the interviews were that bad. Just be prepared for a long day/half day, be able to answer questions quickly, etc.

This whole process took about two weeks. I think this was because I had an employee referral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when...how would you handle this or that...   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

There were several technical interviews covering various aspects of computer architecture, micro architecture, RTL, physical implementation. There were also interviews on compilers, systems, software, algorithms and programming. All interviews were professional throughout the process and allowed me to ask them questions too. They also evaluated abilities to work in a diverse team and the ability to work with remote teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe how register renaming is done and what the various options are.   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter
    After 1 week, hiring manager contacted me to setup a phone screen in 3 days.
    Phone screen took about 1 hour, all related to what listed on the resume
    Got on site right after the phone screen.
    On site after 10 days, 4 1-1 interviews, interviewers are very friendly and professional. Questions are based on what are listed on the resume, and some other job responsibility for the position, the interviewers can tolerant you have no experience on the requirements of the position, but more importantly, they want to know my ability of solving the problems. And they care more about how deeply I understand my hands on experience.
    Hope these helps! And good luck to myself and all of you!

Interview Questions

• DCG related, how to fix timing?
      Verilog RTL case x, case z, DFF, Dlatch
      Perl scripting
      TCL scripting in PT ICC
      Design patitioning

1 Answer

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

interview process three weeks. first round was phone interview. after one week they called for on-site interview. they asked pretty much basic questions. it had 6 interviews with different members of the team. they asked about projects and little bit of PERL coding and C++. They gave me the offer letter one week after on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• basic questions about CMOS, Noise Margin, PERL regular expressions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online and it took about two months to actually get called back. Once I got called back though, the process went very quickly! First, I was contacted for a phone screening that was pretty straightforward with a few behavioral questions and technical questions that felt like they were read off of a paper. After passing the phone screening I was contacted two days later with a second more technical phone screening. It also had a few behavioral questions and a few questions that actually asked me how I would design a program.

A couple days after that, I was contacted for a flight out to the Intel campus for an in person interview. The flight scheduling was really nice, Intel covered everything (flight, hotel, car rental, food).

The on campus interview was rather intense, not because it was hard but because it was draining. It started at 8:00 AM and I had interviews with 9 people (mostly 1 hour, but two were half hour) ending at 5:00 PM.

The on campus interviews tended to always start with a behavioral question or two, then they would lead off into technical questions. I was asked to write code on a whiteboard, locate bugs in some printed code, write code on paper, and how I would design certain solutions (sometimes with code and sometimes with just a high level overview).

The Intel campus was great! It was HUGE compared to what I'm used to. The campus had three food courts (which had some good food from the lunch that was provided for me), a spa and salon, massage therapist, gym (with karate and yoga classes at the moment, but I was told more are offered), play area (ping pong tables, pool tables, air hockey tables, and what's even better is people were actually playing!), US Bank branch (not just an ATM, but actually a desk with a teller), and health center with a doctor and nurses (you know, for all the injuries programmers get from typing. Actually, you can go there for all your regular checkups).

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive Java function to reverse a String object   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Intel?   Answer Question
    • How would you design a web service to limit a user to 1000 transactions per hour?   Answer Question
    • If you have 8 coins and one weighs more than the others, give three algorithms with their best and worst case comparisons. Which of the three algorithms would you use? Alright, code the algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with an angry coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was prepared to negotiate to a higher salary, but the initial offer was actually higher than I expected. When I talked about it with the recruiter, she said that the extended a larger salary than normal to be, so no negotiation took place.

If you do have to negotiate though, it sounded like the recruiter will need to take your requested salary and go back to the team you're applying for to request the new salary, so it may require a few phone calls.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Intel was visiting my school. Handed over my resume at their interview session and got an interview call next day. Was an hour long chat with the recruiter. He asked mostly behavioral questions and about what I do in my research. He spoke a lot about the position and the environment in the company and how I need to adapt myself to the environment if I get selected. He said he would send me an email and let me know the outcome of the interview in four days.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research, whats the hardest problem you solved, strengths/weaknesses, what other companies are you looking at, are comfortable doing more than a 9-5 pm job, how would you resolve a conflict with a colleague   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone first (asked what I can do and I did), and on-site (interviewd by 2 man, ask 2 question). nothing else ...................no more............sorry................................bala bala bala bala bala bala bala bala bala bala bala

Process Technology Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I submitted my resume at a job fair and was contacted when a position opened several months later for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted ~45 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions and an introduction to the job tasks. I was invited for a site visit a few weeks later and did a full day interview with multiple current employees as well as a research presentation. Half of the interviews were pleasant and mostly focused on behavioral questions. The other half were very difficult, consisting of lots of high-stress questions about problem solving and technical questions about coursework from graduate school. I imagine their purpose was to push me to my intellectual limit and to see how I handled stress. Several people talked about the constant stress of the job and how tricky it was to maintain work/life balance. They did not make it seem like a desirable job, especially given how demanding it was.

Interview Questions

• Given a basic description of a machine/tool and a scenario (i.e. this readout isn't working), how would you go about fixing it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Campus Interview, networking event, 4-5 interviewees from different groups in finance.
    Large number of candidates were called/flied in and also had an "orientation". Most questions wer on behavioral skills, I do not remember being asked any technical questions which was surprising for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do we know you will take this job this time? In the past, this job had been offered but I did not take it.
      2. Strengths/weaknesses etc
      3. Have you influenced a team in a difficult situation and how?

Answer Question