Intel Corporation

Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,539 Interview Reviews

3.1

PTD Yield Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

All day event so plan accordingly. If your fresh out of grad school you will give your thesis defense to 2-8 people. You will interview with several GL's (managers). The interview was not too intimidating except for 1 manager who asked if I really wanted the job and that working for Intel was not a 9-5 and its a 24/7 commitment. That said they were all nice and if you feel like you can defend your work to your grad school adviser you should have no problem with the technical questions. I had no odd questions, I wasn't asked how I would respond to this or that. It was a straight forward interview.

Interview Questions
    • If I really wanted the job and If I was willing to work at least 2 years   Answer Question
    No negotiation, just accepted

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Got into the first round through college career fair. Interview was the next day at the college. First round consisted of two in person, 1-on-1, 30 minute interviews. Got an email a little over 2 weeks later asking to rank the available times for google hangout interviews. Got the confirmation for the scheduled interviews a week later. Second round was two 1-on-1's over google hangout and approximately 45mins each.
    Heard back from each interview in 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • First Round - Mainly behavioral with 1 technical question for each interview
      Second Round - All normal behavioral questions (e.g. give an example of a time when you...)

View Answer

Graduate Software Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

In total there were 2 Phone rounds.2nd round involved white board coding including behavioral questions. The technical questions included questions from OS, Oops concepts, Data Structure, Bit manipulation and Computer Architecture. 1st round mainly oops concepts and resume.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

1 phone interview asking questions about how to test a chip. This was followed by an onsite. It involved questions on coding in C++ and OOPS concepts. They also asked logical questions. Rest were questions based on my resume and projects.

Interview Questions
    • Given a two cubes write the numbers 0-9 so that the cubes can show the dates of a month   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied on Intel careers website. Three rounds of phone interview were there. Basically three different people from the same team, one product manager, second some developer and third is HR manage. First person asked me about my resume and I had to explain about my projects and publication in detail. Second was more of technical questions from programming, web services, SQL and networking. HR manager asked me about my technical experience in realtime, like hardware issues fixed for my own devices and my familiarity with latest technology and devices. He finally asked me about relocation and availability. Last thing he told was decision will be made in a weeks time.

Interview Questions
    • Biggest hiccup I faced in my project and how I solved it ?   Answer Question

Fimware Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview 2 months later. Interview was purely programming questions lasted one hour and I received an offer at the end. I was never asked questions about my background nor schooling, but was required to show programming skills on-demand in a shared document.

Interview Questions
    • How would you write a program to find the number of ways to paint N fence posts one of two colors if you are not allowed to repeat any color 3 times.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Easy phone interview all about basic of digital circuit, high-speed design which refer to delay and timing, low power design which refer to power consumption. After 1 month got the on site interview, 7 round, all about basic logic, STA and things/projects on resume, people are nice, interview under a friendly circumstance.

Interview Questions
    • how does adding a buffer in the middle of a long wire reduce the delay?
      CMOS basics: PMOS and NMOS of Inverter operation region under while input varies.
      how to form a NOT gate using NAND gate.

Answer Question

Spring Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

The first round was through phone call. The hiring manager mailed and then fixed the interview date. He gave 2-3 days time to prepare. But he did not tell exactly on what I will be tested.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

He asked mainly about CMOS basics, Gate tunneling, different types of power dissipation and ways to eliminate, 5 stages of pipeline, Cache Memories, SRAM & DRAM, Verification topics, System Verilog, UVM, DDR2, power area & performance optimization techniques, Physical Design such as Floorplanning, power planning, clock networks.

He asked little about my projects.

Operations Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2015.

I applied directly to the hiring manager. He got back the same day with an interview the following week. The first phone call was just to see if I had the necessary skills. A week later, I was contacted by another member of the team to basically find a fit for the role . Involved briefly going over my relevant coding experience.
    At this point I must say both the hiring manager and the other person were extremely friendly and thoroughly professional
    In two days, I was called for an on site interview.
    On site interview is a day long process from 8:00 to 4:00. Even if you dont get the job, the sheer experience talking to these guys will be a great expereience.
    Everybody in the team is extremely experienced and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • As far as preparation goes, be who you are, be confident and extremely thorough on what you have on your resume.
      Be well prepared on OOPS and Database questions.

Answer Question