Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
1,582 Interview Reviews

3.1

Process Engineer Interview

The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

It was a phone interview with a hiring manager first. It took about one hour with questions about my background, my school, my resume, and behavior questions. It was a good opportunity for the manager to know me and for me to present myself. The most important thing is to know what you put on your resume and do not leave an impression that you overly decorate your resume. I got a on site interview invitation at the end of the phone call. It surprised me at that time since I thought they needed some time to consider my performance.

3 weeks later, I went to the onsite interview. The experience of the on site interview left me a very positive impression of intel. The interviewers were very nice and professional. I know one day interview can be exhausted, but I think I prepared it well. I rehearsed my presentation very carefully before I went there, so I think I did a pretty good job of time control. Most of the questions were behavior questions and technical questions of my presentation. In general, all discussion was of PhD level, so make sure you know what you talk about. The whole process of the on site interview took from 8:30 to 4:45.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

One-on-one interview process, where you are screened by one supervisor, then if you pass that interview you are interviewed by a board of several supervisors at once. The interview is focused on the job for which you are being hired but also there are questions concerning how you meet Intel's advancement criteria, ie; they are also hiring for the future.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you put you and your teams safety above all other concerns?   View Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied online and Emailed resume to the hiring manager. Got an email for scheduling phone screening. By the end of the call got invited for onsite. Yet to attend onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • when Capacitors in series or parallel what happens to charge and voltage   View Answer

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Easy phone interview all about basic of digital circuit, high-speed design which refer to delay and timing, low power design which refer to power consumption. After 1 month got the on site interview, 7 round, all about basic logic, STA and things/projects on resume, people are nice, interview under a friendly circumstance.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Three phone interviews with separate individuals. One in-person interview with the hiring manager. I had provided my resume with a cover letter indicating my intentions. Having just completed temporary job coverage internally to the company, I had already proven myself able to do the work and a personality fit for the role and for the team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interviewing ("Tell me about a time when..."), expecting examples. Also, why I wanted to make a change in my career.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2015.

Went through three interviews: one on university campus, a phone interview, then on site. The on site interview was broken into five major sections each with a different engineer: computer architecture, logic, validation, software, and general personality questions. Individual questions were simple and straight forward, but the interview covered a very wide breadth of topics.

Interview Questions
    • Create a test plan for a simple ALU where operands are stored on a stack.   Answer Question
    • How do you synchronize a signal between two clock domains?   Answer Question
    • Design a spice rack for the blind.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

2 step interview. Initial Phone interview involved resume screening.
    2nd level phone interview conducted by 5 interviewers,30 min each. Each of them focused on a particular subject from the resume. Also asked the internship project oriented question. Project manager asked some behavioral questions also. They expect good explanation of technical details of your class project.

Interview Questions
    • Basic technical questions, description of school projects,how you can model a transmission line? little bit from semiconductor process technology, op-amp operation, MOS FET operation, etc   Answer Question

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

The interview process was very straightforward, start with phone screen, then onsite, then more onsite if necessary. General and specific questions were asked and skills were asked to be demonstrated.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Contacted / applied via email and received reply about 2 weeks later.
    Scheduled a phone interview in a week.
    It was a typical phone screening interview for 1 hour.
    Started and ended exactly on time.
    Begin with basic information about the position and then several questions were asked.
    Overall process was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • What did you study during the graduate school?
      What kind of equipment did you use?
      Tell me the operation mechanism of the equipment you used.
      How would you solve it if you have a conflict with your co-workers.
      How do you deal with stress? What do you think about the ideal workplace?

Answer Question

R&D Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2015.

Total interview time was about 3 weeks. Initial interest call with manager lead to onsite interview. They paid for travel costs and scheduled the meeting with 6 interviewers. Overall a very long process but the employees were very easy to get along with.

Lunch break is included. While it technically is still an interview, it's very casual. However, eat neatly and mind manners.

Interview Questions
    • Various software design questions which describe projects worked on and how the pieces fit together.   View Answer
    • Describe a difficult project you work on with others. Were there any difficult decisions or disagreements?   View Answer
    • Technical interview involved testing coding knowledge on buffers, queues, and dealing with efficiency and complexity in software design.   View Answer