Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015
1,755 Interview Reviews

3.1

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Interview

I had been working there as a temp for some time before I was interviewed for a permanent position. It was very laid back, very informal and relaxed. I wasn't prepared for it, since I was in the middle of working and the hiring manager approached me. But it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe my professional background and education. Also to make a recommendation or something I could be done better.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online and it took about two months to actually get called back. Once I got called back though, the process went very quickly! First, I was contacted for a phone screening that was pretty straightforward with a few behavioral questions and technical questions that felt like they were read off of a paper. After passing the phone screening I was contacted two days later with a second more technical phone screening. It also had a few behavioral questions and a few questions that actually asked me how I would design a program. A couple days after that, I was contacted for a flight out to the Intel campus for an in person interview. The flight scheduling was really nice, Intel covered everything (flight, hotel, car rental, food). The on campus interview was rather intense, not because it was hard but because it was draining. It started at 8:00 AM and I had interviews with 9 people (mostly 1 hour, but two were half hour) ending at 5:00 PM. The on campus interviews tended to always start with a behavioral question or two, then they would lead off into technical questions. I was asked to write code on a whiteboard, locate bugs in some printed code, write code on paper, and how I would design certain solutions (sometimes with code and sometimes with just a high level overview). The Intel campus was great! It was HUGE compared to what I'm used to. The campus had three food courts (which had some good food from the lunch that was provided for me), a spa and salon, massage therapist, gym (with karate and yoga classes at the moment, but I was told more are offered), play area (ping pong tables, pool tables, air hockey tables, and what's even better is people were actually playing!), US Bank branch (not just an ATM, but actually a desk with a teller), and health center with a doctor and nurses (you know, for all the injuries programmers get from typing. Actually, you can go there for all your regular checkups).

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive Java function to reverse a String object   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Intel?   Answer Question
    • How would you design a web service to limit a user to 1000 transactions per hour?   Answer Question
    • If you have 8 coins and one weighs more than the others, give three algorithms with their best and worst case comparisons. Which of the three algorithms would you use? Alright, code the algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with an angry coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was prepared to negotiate to a higher salary, but the initial offer was actually higher than I expected. When I talked about it with the recruiter, she said that the extended a larger salary than normal to be, so no negotiation took place. If you do have to negotiate though, it sounded like the recruiter will need to take your requested salary and go back to the team you're applying for to request the new salary, so it may require a few phone calls.

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

New Grad Hire : A hiring manager got in contact with me about my resume in November/Early December. Around February/March I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. Interview questions on the phone interview were pretty basic. After passing the phone interview, I was offered an on-site interview. Intel paid for all expenses, I opted not to fly since I lived a few hours drive away The onsite interview was grueling, 9 to 4 or so, back to back 1 hour 1:1 interviews with a lunch with a manager and employee. Some technical, some brain teasers, some behavioral, some conversational. I think the general purpose of the interview is to see how you think and learn -- be sure to think out loud as much as possible. There were repeat questions, I think this was to see if you retained information if you got help earlier on with a question. I got everyone's email who interviewed with me that day from the hiring manger, and sent them all a quick personalized email about what we talked about in the interviews and thanked them for the time -- no idea if it helped my chances, but did it because I genuinely liked talking with the engineers there. I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen: - When and how do you define a global in C? - How many hex digits in a byte?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview about about 40 minutes. Make sure you are ready for the interview, do some research and practice your programming questions. Make sure you know how to describe the projects you have done

Temporary work permit

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter After 1 week, hiring manager contacted me to setup a phone screen in 3 days. Phone screen took about 1 hour, all related to what listed on the resume Got on site right after the phone screen. On site after 10 days, 4 1-1 interviews, interviewers are very friendly and professional. Questions are based on what are listed on the resume, and some other job responsibility for the position, the interviewers can tolerant you have no experience on the requirements of the position, but more importantly, they want to know my ability of solving the problems. And they care more about how deeply I understand my hands on experience. Hope these helps! And good luck to myself and all of you!

Interview Questions

• DCG related, how to fix timing? Verilog RTL case x, case z, DFF, Dlatch Perl scripting TCL scripting in PT ICC Design patitioning   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Received a call to confirm a day and time to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview, I thought, was terrible. The interviewer didn't seem interested based on his tone (seemed distracted and rushed). Oddly enough, I was called in for an in-person interview really quick (within a week or less). This was composed of a series of four interviews over the course of four hours. None of the questions were technical or related to the position, but more along the lines of behavioral and similar. I left firmly believing I had the position but was called a week later that I didn't get it. I'm honestly a very shy and anxious-ridden person and didn't feel the interviews were that bad. Just be prepared for a long day/half day, be able to answer questions quickly, etc. This whole process took about two weeks. I think this was because I had an employee referral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when...how would you handle this or that...   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

There were several technical interviews covering various aspects of computer architecture, micro architecture, RTL, physical implementation. There were also interviews on compilers, systems, software, algorithms and programming. All interviews were professional throughout the process and allowed me to ask them questions too. They also evaluated abilities to work in a diverse team and the ability to work with remote teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe how register renaming is done and what the various options are.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening.I got the offer thru employee reference and one of the team member called and asked some basic questions and gave me coding exercises.He spoke about the team and its work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a whole day interview process from morning to evening. Research talk was the first thing on the morning followed by technical interview session and lunch with the manager and three more interviews in the evening.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to motivate yourself when the work doesn't go as well as you had hoped for?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Intel was visiting my school. Handed over my resume at their interview session and got an interview call next day. Was an hour long chat with the recruiter. He asked mostly behavioral questions and about what I do in my research. He spoke a lot about the position and the environment in the company and how I need to adapt myself to the environment if I get selected. He said he would send me an email and let me know the outcome of the interview in four days.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research, whats the hardest problem you solved, strengths/weaknesses, what other companies are you looking at, are comfortable doing more than a 9-5 pm job, how would you resolve a conflict with a colleague   1 Answer