Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
1,609 Interview Reviews

3.1

Linguist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was very stringent for one batch of employees. However, it was a relaxed and almost 'easy' process for employees with direct contact with management. Recommend you not apply if do not have existing contacts with management.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Livermore, CA).

Interview

Difficulty is based on grade level and/or position.
    Examples of questions were based towards personality, problem solving, situations, team player, conflict of interest, accuracy, types of equipment used in manufacturing, process knowledge, SPC charts, safety, standard business methodology, and more.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, the questions for internships, graduates and contractors would be based on the position applying for. My initial interview questions were many-many years ago. I have had several internal positions within the company. Applied directly for positions within corporate online job postings.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I feel like my opinion of this is marred by the fact that the interviewer doing my phone screen had a thick accent and I couldn't understand him. Even though the questions asked weren't hard, the interview was difficult and I kept having to ask him to repeat himself, which probably did not make me look good.

Interview Questions

• Create a binary tree and print its nodes in postorder.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Behavioral interview process. Met with several teams of people over about a 4 hour period. Was given time to ask my own questions at the end of every interview. Process is the same once you are in the door for any job you apply for within the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you managed through a no win situation and how did you bring the parties together.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Interview

It consisted of 2 1:1 interviews that basically asked the same questions twice. It was mostly behavioral with a few technical questions littered in. The technical questions are intentionally vague to understand the candidate's analytic process.
    The behavioral questions were really in-depth, so prepare beforehand with strong examples showing appropriate takeaways.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've been part of a team that has failed?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a hiring manager first. It took about one hour with questions about my background, my school, my resume, and behavior questions. It was a good opportunity for the manager to know me and for me to present myself. The most important thing is to know what you put on your resume and do not leave an impression that you overly decorate your resume. I got a on site interview invitation at the end of the phone call. It surprised me at that time since I thought they needed some time to consider my performance.

3 weeks later, I went to the onsite interview. The experience of the on site interview left me a very positive impression of intel. The interviewers were very nice and professional. I know one day interview can be exhausted, but I think I prepared it well. I rehearsed my presentation very carefully before I went there, so I think I did a pretty good job of time control. Most of the questions were behavior questions and technical questions of my presentation. In general, all discussion was of PhD level, so make sure you know what you talk about. The whole process of the on site interview took from 8:30 to 4:45.

Automation Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I got a phone call setting an appointment for phone screening the next day.The interviewer was so helpfull and asked questions mainly on my resume.I also had some behavior questions.

Enterprise Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

One phone conference with three Program Managers asking behavior based questions. Then a video conference with four Program Managers asking questions based on a project scenario. There wasn't a phone screening or preliminary discussion like "tell me about yourself" or "what's your desired salary". It was an email to let me know they were interested in speaking with me and then two conferencing interviews. A week between each interview and a week after the last interview to receive the selection decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle team members with opposing views on a situation?   Answer Question
    • If everything in the project is going well and on track, what activities would you be focusing on during the week?   Answer Question
    • What primary tools do you use to manage a project?   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

One-on-one interview process, where you are screened by one supervisor, then if you pass that interview you are interviewed by a board of several supervisors at once. The interview is focused on the job for which you are being hired but also there are questions concerning how you meet Intel's advancement criteria, ie; they are also hiring for the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you put you and your teams safety above all other concerns?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Three phone interviews with separate individuals. One in-person interview with the hiring manager. I had provided my resume with a cover letter indicating my intentions. Having just completed temporary job coverage internally to the company, I had already proven myself able to do the work and a personality fit for the role and for the team.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interviewing ("Tell me about a time when..."), expecting examples. Also, why I wanted to make a change in my career.   1 Answer