Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 15, 2014
1,459 Interview Reviews

3.1

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Campus Recruiting: Two 45-minute interviews back-to-back, 7 questions in each interview for 14 total questions. Some of the questions are repetitive, but they want to see if you improve your answer the second time. I talked to two employees that work in finance, not recruiters. They called me the next day to let me know I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to influence your superiors.
      Tell me about a time you had a difficult group member.
        Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Met with recruiter at university career fair. Scheduled an on-campus interview the next day. Mainly behavioral with a surprise general technical question at the end (Interpreted vs Compiled). E-mail from main Intel IT recruiter to schedule two more interviews. First was mostly technical, went over my resume and asked me to elaborate, asked what areas I was interested in. Second was entirely to discern which area I was interested in and which project I should be placed in.

Interview Questions
    • While considering your computer science background, if you had all the money you wanted, what would you spend it on?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Applied through job portal. Got an email for a initial screening call from the manager. Project related questions.
    Then 1 technical interview from the architect. Questions werent very tough. Caches, OS related questions, SQL and database questions and some Perl questions.

D1C Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Pretty easy process. Met with the recruiter at college career fair, got invited for in-person interview the same day and had the interview following day. The recruiter called in 3-days time to offer me to fly out to Oregon for the field interview. On-site interview was pretty much behavioral; all the interviewers just explained about what each department did and how I would fit in. Had 6 interviews with managers and an hour presentation about my Master's Thesis work. Got an offer in exactly 4 weeks time.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone will ask
      1. How do you troubleshoot machines
      2. How do you deal with a difficult member in a group

Nothing was unexpected.
        Answer Question

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Applied Online for the position also was referred by a friend for the position.The process took two to three weeks.Both rounds were telephonic.
    In the first round was asked about my resume, couple of projects that I had listed on my resume and some basic question like pointers, diff between pass by value and pass by reference, and some os related questions like semaphores, scheduling algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • The second round was a week after the first one and was questioned on C/C++ basics like static, extern keyword, inheritance, polymorphism virtual functions. Also was asked some logical questions like reversing a string(how would you do it and tell some test cases for it).Identifying the the no of bits set in a char.Also some questions on virtual memory, paging segmentation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I got referred by an acquaintance to the Windows OS team at Folsom. The overall interview process was around 3-4 weeks. I had an initial round of phone interview which concentrated on general operating system concepts.

I was invited for an onsite interview at Folsom, CA. It was the worst experience that I have had in an interview. I think that the decision regarding hiring was made well before actually even interviewing me. There were 7 rounds of technical interviews. First round was good with generic discussion about my projects, operating system concepts etc. Second round was by an engineer with no proper communication skills, he was rude, unwilling to hear to my approach to problems. This was supossed to be a x86 coding round when I had no where listed that on my resume.

Most of the rounds were primarily concentrated on computer architecture when I had very limited knowledge on the same. The interviewers seems very inconsiderate of the fact that I was a computer science student and not a CE student.

The lunch interview was a pain, right from the moment we left the meeting room, till we came back the interviewer was constantly asking questions, with very limited time given to even have my food. I was expected to code on paper even the lunch interview round which seemed pretty insane to me.

The worst part was the same team at Hillborough had no CE questions at all that were asked while interviewing the candiates.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between pentium 4 pipeline and RISC pipeline. What is the first instruction that the CPU executes. Write the PIN diagram of 8086 processor.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The overall process was smooth and streamless, occurring within the span of a week or so. The interviewers were professional and friendly, and were attentive throughout the duration of the interviews. I was asked multiple questions regarding my personal goals and what I would like to accomplish at Intel. Additionally, I was told that I would have a good amount of flexibility within the team as well as ample resources to bring up my questions or suggestions to higher-ups.

Senior Component Design Engineer Grade 6 Interview

need to pass through 6 interviewers. they set you up with six diffeent engineers . they are ar very organized so you might get the same questions from 2 different interviewrs . so listen closely to the questions and verify you know the answer . if you do not know the answer ask the intervewer to give ou the correct answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

1st Round - one to one interview
    2nd Round - phone screen

Interviewer asked questions regarding behavioral situations, teamwork, company, technical accounting terms, and about my resume. Interviews were about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3-5 challenges you think Intel would face in the future?   Answer Question
    • Who are Intel's competitors and how can we differentiate against them?   Answer Question
    • What inventory controls would Intel focus on?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Have two rounds of behavioral interviews instead of the typical one. First round was more of getting a sense of which department best suits you and then they send you off to another interviewer in that field to ask more behavioral and then more position specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time where you used new technology to succeed   Answer Question