Intel Corporation

1,263 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – In the email for the job opportunity at Intel, I first was asked to schedule a phone screen.

Phone screen - 5 mins on the resume, 30 mins on technical questions and then 10 mins of job description provided by the interviewer.

Then there was an onsite interview which had a lunch interview followed by 7 interviews of 45 to 30 mins each.

Interview Question – Technical questions and behavioral questions   Answer Question

PTD Senior Process Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – Contacted for phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes asking various questions about research and fundamentals of instrumentation I use. Conversation ended in request for onsite interview the following week which started at 8am with a 45 minute interview followed by a one hour presentation on my work, followed by 45 minute technical interviews until about 5:45 and another 45 minutes with the hiring manager. Most engineers were young, working at Intel for anywhere from 6 months to 5 years, but mostly in the 2-3 year range. Certainly the "fresher" the employee the more enthusiastic they were.Questions were generally technical with lots of "do you have any questions?" I think they largely are trying to gauge your interest in the position, considering it's a big jump from research to process engineering/optimization. The more senior employees lacked much of the enthusiasm and tended to ask more practical questions, see below.

Interview Question – All the technical questions were pretty straight forward. If you know your field, it shouldn't be a problem. Some of the interviewers have no interest in leading you/helping you out, which can be a pain if their question is not very clear. The most difficult question: an inspection tool is flagged as generating particles on a wafer. The tool has numerous chambers and the wafer gets charged when chucked. I was asked how I would determine which part of the inspection process was generating particles, whether charging itself caused particles or if the particles were generated on the way in or out. After answering this, he reframed it in such a way as the particle source was ambiguous, making me come up with a means of isolating the real source. I couldn't figure this out on the fly and he explained his logic to me. I tend to process things in my head, but they're looking to hear how you would work through the problem.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – was contacted for multiple positions within the company by different internal recruiters/coordinators. had separate interviews in different locations. started with an initial phone screening, then they flew me out on site, had a whole day scheduled meeting with ~5 people. it was considered a "hiring event" which included, a tour of the facilities & benefits overview. this was in 2005

Interview Question – it was a pretty standard behavioral/experience type interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the given offer since it seemed fair & I had gotten a good pay bump. however, in hindsight, I should have probably negotiated a little more knowing that it's much harder to get a decent raise there unless you're a design or software engineer.

Wearables User Experience Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a response a week later. Scheduled a half hour phone interview. Interview call was 15 minutes late, but still lasted for a half hour. Was very casual, with the first two thirds for talking through work experience and the last third for questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Intel?   View Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by recruiter. Had two rounds of phone interviews and one round of in-person interviews. Had to prepare a job talk that lasted about 1 hour with a panel of over 10 people. Had 6 individual interviews after the job talk and dinner afterwards with immediate team members. Offer was made about 2 weeks after job talk.

Interview Question – I was asked to detail my research design approach, methods and to talk about at least 2 projects. Team mostly tried to find out information about my past and about my personality.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Intern Interview

Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Got email from their recruiting staff sent to our university. Direct contact with their research group member. They look for a match by your resume and ask questions if they are interested in your previous experience. I think they are more concerned about your body of knowledge so that you can do best there.

Negotiation Details – This is taken care by Intel HR team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

Interview Question – How do we track our Fab assets around the world?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Design Automation Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – had few rounds of interview and questions were mostly on basics of digital design and few codes either in c or perl

Interview Question – Why use nmos and pmos? Question is expected but the answer expected was different than what we would think   Answer Question

Software Engineer Student Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details – Send the resume to the Intel's web site. Full day of the interview with 5 people.Technical and non technical questions. A week later got a phone call from the company with an offer.

Applications Developer Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview, two back to back on-site interviews.

Interview Question – Explain jquery.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't choose to negotiate, but I could have.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation interview questions and advice. All 1,263 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.