Intel Corporation

Updated Dec 12, 2014
1,483 Interview Reviews

3.1

Process Engineer D1C Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

On campus interview followed by an e-mail the next day inviting me for on-site interview. 1hr long presentation with 6 hour long interviews. Good experience overall.
    The first 3 1:1 interviews were mostly the interviewer speaking and telling me about Intel, more than asking questions, they were from a group very close to my background. The last 2-3 interviews were from the group that actually were recruiting, and that wasn't much related to my background!

Facilities Engineer Interview

Applied online and received a phone call interview. Asked very technical questions throughout the entire phone call. You either knew the answers or did not, they will know whether you are honest or not. Seems very demanding of knowledge even if you are a new college graduate.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions on certain measuring techniques and internal work processes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Applied from career fair. Took 1 week to get interview. They contacted via email and set date and time for one hour of interview. Questions were from three areas only. 1) C (2) Operating system (3) Computer architecture. Operating system and computer architecture questions were easy, but not C.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regrading C were difficult as they wanted for operating system debugging. So you need to know all about C and it's good if you read any C book to get idea about some detail orientated questions.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

All day technical interview and off-campus lunch with a manager (not necessarily hiring manager). First was introduction to team and site project with principle engineer. Followed by three 45 minute technical interviews. Expect to be at the white board a lot. Lunch and general discussion. Expect to be asked about compensation and salary expectations. Afternoon was three more technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    Very rigid as in no wiggle room

Manufacturing Technician Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Basic electronics test given. Two people interviewed me, and they were very respectful and nice. Basically, the test was the hard part of the interview process. The one:one interview was laid back and very easy.

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was connected to the finance intern recruiter through the career counselor at my university. I was quickly set-up for a face-to-face interview with 2 different recruiters. I do not have a finance background but was interested in pursuing a finance career and learning more through this internship. Unfortunately, they were not looking for someone who they can train and develop, but rather a person who already has the skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer very technical finance questions about IRR, NPV, and financial statement analysis.   Answer Question

RET Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Engineer from Intel's Lithography group gave a presentation at the school, and selected 10 students for an interview the next day. It was a 40 min interview with a mix of both technical and behavioral questions. One behavioral question was "Can you handle stress? Give an example."
    Few were selected for an onsite interview at Portland. The onsite interview lasted whole day - 9 in morning to 4 in evening. The day started with the manager of Lithography group giving a short tour of Intel and describing the hiring process. Then, I gave a one hour presentation based on my PhD research. Lots of questions were asked by the audience during the time. Following that, I had 40 min one-on-one interviews with 5 managers in the Lithography group. All managers picked up on my research fairly quickly and asked probing questions testing the depth of my knowledge. I faced only one behavioral question - how do you handle conflict?
    The lunch was with two new-hires in the lithography group. The purpose was to get a perspective from recent joinees.

Interview Questions
    • - Most questions were technical in nature, and were based on my PhD research
      - Can you handle stress? Give example
      - How do you handle conflict?

D1C Senior Process Engineer Interview

I was referred through an internal referrel in the month of May. On July 16th I got a phone interivew and got a call for Onsite interview on November 5th. One week after the interview on a Thursday got the reject email.

The only way to be noticed by hiring manager is internal referral. There is no point in applying through their candidate profile. Hundreds of people will be applying and how can a hiring manager look into all those profiles. The other ways to get noticed is through university recruiting process as you will have a chance to talk to hiring manger in person.

One week after my friend referred me I got a message from a hiring manager . After writing several times I finally got a phone interview opportunity one month later on June 17th. It went very well with usual behavioral questions and these hiring managers are quite senior people and was aware of my research institution and the importance of our work. He told he will discuss with other hiring managers and I will be informed in a week or so. Then I waited, waited for long time and wrote several weekly emails. This hiring manager did not get pissed off by all my emails but he replied me time to time assuring that he will discuss my application. Finally one day in October I sent an email that I will not write any more emails and thanks for opportunity. That email was a hard one. He would have felt very bad and he immedaitely responded telling that he will resolve this issue. And he did invite me to the onsite interview which happened on 5th of November.

Several things went wrong. I updated the resume with the event coordinator and she did not change my resume. So please stick with the very first resume that you send. Prepare very well about the hands on experience. What did u fix during your PhD. I did prepare very well but I was not able to answer weakness question beyond the point I prepared. I said couple of weakness. But the interviewer was asking 3-4.

I had 6 interviews and 4 went well, 1 went bad and 1 neutral experience. May be they need yes from all the interviewers. It is also luck involved.

The area manager interviews went very well. But some team leaders came and screwed up my interviews. The final interviewer, a chinese guy, was asking me to write quantum mechanics equations. I told I studied these 6 years back and am experimental physicist. So I explained the implications and need for those equations. Then he was telling that you are not strong in basics. This guy had really thick accent and he asked me for weakness and I explained my weakness and stopped. Then he is telling that he asked for 3 and I told only one and I am not paying attention. This is the only interview I think I screwed up.

Overall it was a great experience except the one with the final guy. It was fun travelling to Hillsboro and facing one day full of interviews. I should be better prepared for this day. Just give them what they are expecting from you and you should get this job. I will try again later.

Interview Questions
    • If an insect is trapped in soap bubble what will happen to insect. Will it survive or perish?

Some of the liquid droplet on surface retain their shape while some droplets loose their shape. Explain physics behind?

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Campus Recruiting: Two 45-minute interviews back-to-back, 7 questions in each interview for 14 total questions. Some of the questions are repetitive, but they want to see if you improve your answer the second time. I talked to two employees that work in finance, not recruiters. They called me the next day to let me know I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to influence your superiors.
      Tell me about a time you had a difficult group member.

Business Financial Specialist Interview

The interview was a very positive experience. They asked more technical questions rather than any fit questions like other reviews suggest. It was two interviewers both 45 mins each. One asked you more technical questions and case questions, while the other assessed your knowledge about Intel as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • There is a high demand for Product A, but you ran out of capacity. How do you accommodate for this?   Answer Question