Intel Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Softwaregraduate Interview

Softwaregraduate
Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online in intel's job portal. Got a call after 3 days asking for a time to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter said three of them would join me in a one hour technical interview. One manager and two other colleagues joined the interview. No puzzles or hard questions were asked. Some behavioral questions and mostly technical questions related to position and deep about projects in resume. If you know the basics, you are more than good.

Interview Question – 1. Android life cycle.
2. "virtual" in c++
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The package is great. no need to negotiate.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Physical Design Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details – Sent resume directly to the hiring manager. Had a phone screening interview which had basic questions on STA, APR, etc. Onsite had 5 rounds, which was pretty challenging. One round I messed up bad and didnt not get the offer.

Interview Question – Most questions were based on STA, timing and some based on PERL.   Answer Question

Design Layout Interview

Design Layout

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details – The initial communications started with an email from a team member and than a phone interview was done. After clearing that i was called for an onsite interview which lasted around four hours including lunch.

Interview Question – The questions were simple but some of them were difficult especially questions on perl. There were many puzzles to be solved in the interview questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is somewhat of a joke. Compared to Google/Microsoft/etc. it is incredibly easy. I had zero programming questions though talking with coworkers this is not the norm. Some of my coworkers got questions such as implement Fibonacci. Most interested in asking questions about drivers/OS primitives (semaphores, threading, etc.)

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't take initial offer. They will low ball you.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Electronics Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – interview process is good. need more rounds of interview for selection process. hiring process could have been much more aggressive and should keep the resume in the database so that as and when we get the offer HR team should give us a call back and get right candidates for right position

Interview Question – expectations   Answer Question

Undergraduate Technical Interview

Undergraduate Technical

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an internal referral. About two weeks later, I received an email requesting a time I could complete a phone interview. I had a short phone interview asking about my projects and they sent an offer letter the next week.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Question – All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I presented out on my recent work at other companies and then participated in a case study. 1 Panel interview. It was awesome. I met with several hiring managers, future peers, other candidates/applicants, etc. It was a very friendly, collegiate environment (and this was very experienced roles, not College Recruiting). There was not a lot of competition because they made it clear there were many jobs available.

Interview Question – The lack of questions, it was just a conversation and you don't know if you are really on track or not.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to get my planned summer vacation time secured, and support for my ongoing education (not financial, just the time to do it). no $$ negotiation at all. They have a strong process for calculating internal and external pay competitiveness.

Senior Process TD Engineer Interview

Senior Process TD Engineer
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details – First I got an email to schedule a phone interview. Then I had a phone interview. The person who interviewed me was nice. Then I got an email for an onsite interview. They really took care of me very well while I was in Phoenix, AZ for the onsite interview. The interview was all day long and did not seems very stressful to me. There were quite a few one-on-one interviews. But in the end, it was all good.

Interview Question – There was a technical question related to my job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had other options

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2011.

Interview Details – 6 - 1 hr interviews that covered off Project Management skills, Program Management and Reporting, Stakeholder relations, C++/C coding skills, People Management... the full gamut of what is expected out of a Senior Technical person. There was an onus on cultural fit as well - the interviewers were all very senior engineers with decades of experience in the industry and as a result the interviews were challenging but a very rewarding interaction informative for both sides.

Interview Question – How would I implement a Agile/Scrum type process in an environment where change is not just reality, but expected?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not bad - it was in a challenging employment environment, so the offer was low compared to Seattle standards. But the benefits, bonus program and signing terms made up for it - I asked to put the base salary at the same level as my last FTE role and everyone accepted.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!