Intel Corporation

3.1

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

I applied online through Intel's website and received an email to set up a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was simple, just basic questions about information on my resume, and was conducted by an operations manager. The technical questions were also basic and I was told my questions about equipment and such would have to be answered by engineers in the group later. A date for an onsite interview was then scheduled. For the onsite interview, I met with seven people (managers, engineers, technicians) one-on-one for 30 minutes each. I asked them questions about the position, their projects, and the equipment and they asked me questions about projects I worked on and previous job experience. Some of them asked one or two behavioral questions, but they were more focused on my previous projects and research experience. There were some repeated questions from each of the interviewers. Thirty minutes is really short and the time passes quickly. I was told they would get back to me in three days to a week, but they called me a few hours later and offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • The standard "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I was not selected for the interview process because my resume did not meet their requirement.
    Also I am not a US citizen. Few jobs in Intel are posted for Citizens.

Device Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

The manager called me and informed that my resume has been selected and I will get a call in few days. As expected I was called and the interview went for 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult actually. Everything was from my knowledge only. The interview was mostly about transistor operation, its I-V characteristics and its operating regions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Phone interview, with a number of technical weed out questions. Lots of friendly back and forth about leading edge technology related to the specific group's current tasks followed. Interviewer came off as a good guy and technically competent.

Research Scientist Interview

They approached me by mail after receiving my CV. After a short email correspondence I was invited for an onsite interview day. The interview was 7 hours long: a 1 hour presentation followed by 1/2-an-hour interviews with many group members and managers, and lunch with managers.

Interview Questions
    • Some asked very difficult mathematical questions. Example: how would you prove the theorem …   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

phone interview (for 30 minutes about your previous work) and onsite interview (one day interview with meeting with several potential employees and supervisor). An entire processes took for about 2-week

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Was an intern in the same team. Worked hard for 3 monthsand manager converted to full time with out interview. There was just a phone interview for internship. He was impressed with my skill sets and gave me internship oppurtunity.

No negotiations.

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Started with 2 45min on College Campus interviews with Controllers. Passed initial screening and went on to on-site interviews that lasted Thurs-Friday. Thursday there was a company/benefits overview. Friday I did 3 45min interviews with controllers, then a controller/analyst happy hour. All interviews were individual, no group.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Everyone from my school got the same offer, Intel does their homework.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I interviewed online - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was called numeorus times for phone and in person interviews. Manager trying to get headcount and did great job of keeping me warm thorughout the process. once a position was found, it was smooth sailing

Interview Questions
    • I honestly dont remember the questions, but it was all behavioual based. Multiple people, including hiring manager and direct reports of the position did interviewing.   Answer Question
    none

PTD Module and Yield Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Applied through and employee referral. Started with a phone interview with the manager of the area that I was applying for. The phone interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and involved explaining details of my PhD research and describe specifics of work that I performed. Additionally the manager gave me an idea of the type of position I would be placed in.

At the end of the phone interview I was invited for an onsite interview to take place during the next month. The onsite interview involved a 1 hour presentation (15 minutes for questions, I only had 1 easy questions) about my PhD research. About 10-12 showed for for my talk which I believe was on the high side of expectations. The actual interviews involved ten 45 minute one-on-one interviews with various experienced and un-experienced people from various areas of the group I was interviewing for. Additionally 1.5 hours was allotted for lunch with a few of the group members which was more of an informal discussion about working at Intel and living in the Hillsboro area. Overall the interview was pretty low stress, comfortable discussions with various people explaining my research. Final interview was with hiring manager who I think had already decided to hire me, and told me as much before I left.

I received an official offer a little less then 2 weeks later. I arranged a phone call to discuss the offer with someone from HR, who explained all of the details. An official email with a PDF copy of the offer came a few hours later. I was given 2 weeks to respond.

In general if you make it onsite just know your PhD research and be personable and you will probably get offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made in your professional/personal life that turned out to be positive.   Answer Question
    Offer was significantly higher then I expected. I didn't negotiate.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!