Intel Corporation

Updated Dec 21, 2014
1,485 Interview Reviews

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2008.

I went to the company for a seminar about their financial analyst program. It seemed very dreary and all the employees that spoke would introduce themselves followed by the amount of time they have left until their next sabbatical (vacation every 7 years). During the phone interview process, they ask extremely difficult questions followed by ones like "What does Intel Centrino mean to you?" I didn't get the job but found one with a better work environment, MUCH BETTER PAY, and awesome hours. I think I'm one of the lucky ones since Intel cut 1,000 jobs in Oregon alone.

Interview Questions
    • What does Intel Centrino mean to you?   View Answer
    • How does A/R and inventory fluctuations affect the income statement?   View Answers (2)

Senior Process Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2007.

Intel has a standard questions booklet they select questions from to test your individual apptitude and personality. They will also ask you to give several examples of situaitons you've been in that were confrontational, difficult, challenging, etc. It is helpful to have such examples prepared beforehand. I was also asked a very difficult technical question that involved semiconductor processing, but few of the other candidates reported questions as complicated as mine.

Interview Questions
    • Can you think of an example of where you had to deal with a supervisor or superior was resistant to accept your opinion or any changes you suggested?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2009.

My initial communication was with the hiring manager over the phone. The next phone screen was done by one of the team members and was technical but with standard questions that were expected.
    The planning of the interview was very organized through email although as with many companies the online application took at least an hour to fill out.
    The in-person interview lasted all day and included hour long meetings and detailed technical interviews with the team as well as a group interview during lunch. The team members were all sharp and very enthusiastic about their work. Only one was slightly condescending possibly because I had no idea regarding that employee's area of specialty.

Product Development Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2010.

Met a recruiter at a campus career fair and was invited to an interview the following morning. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted primarily of technical questions ranging from transistors to C programming. A week later, I was invited to come onsite for 2nd round interviews. The interviews lasted all morning and consisted of 4 40-minute interviews consecutively, all of which were technical. The interviews were followed by lunch with the interviewers and then a tour of the testing facilities.

Interview Questions
    I attempted to negotiate an extension for my offer deadline but they declined it.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2010.

Initially I has a phone interview. Then they asked me to come to on-site for interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2011.

Applied for the position through university and was offered a phone interview. I was emailed the interviewers name and position. I never received the call at the scheduled interview time. I followed up and another phone interview was scheduled. Every question asked was very technical in nature with none being behavioral. They seem to want a keyword for every question that they ask.

Interview Questions
    • What are some things to take into consideration for a pricing change?   Answer Question

Optical Correction Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Took me out to Hillsboro after a 1hr long phone interview. Phone interview asked me what my experiences were in modeling/sim, things like FEM.

Went out to Hillsboro, crappy city but great perks by Intel. Folk there are just workn too hard, had a presentation for an hr in the morning (exactly an hr), then got HAMMERED by a bunch of the audience through 1:1 interviews. I didn't do a good job explaining what "I" did for my PhD because it kind of got lost in bringing everyone up to speed. I spent too much time on background info since I didn't know my audience, GET TO KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE BEFORE YOU GO!

You will be exhausted after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is a Fourier Transofrm and in a square wave, which freq components don't let you get the appropriate "Square" from the curves.   Answer Question
    • What is a pointer?   Answer Question
    • They will hammer you on everything you said in your presentation. Don't be afraid to draw things out in front of them as they do expect that.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Asked me why I wanted to join the company , I said It was my dream to gain exposure

Ingénieur Applications Logiciel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2012.

J'ai en réalité posé ma candidature pour cet emploi via le portail d'emplois en ligne d'Intel corporation, après coup ils ont choisi mon CV pour un entretien téléphonique avec le directeur de recrutement, et après j'ai eu un entretien téléphonique avec le directeur technique. Ils m'ont convié à un entretien téléphonique seul à seul avec un groupe de personnes. C'était le défi suprême, en réalité j'ai eu beaucoup de chance qu'ils me posent des questions dans les domaines que je connaissais le mieux. Une personne de l'équipe m'apporte beaucoup de soutien.

Je crois peu à la chance, c'est excellent pour moi d'avoir commencé ma carrière dans une entreprise comme Intel. Grâce à Dieu et à mes parents qui m'ont béni, travailler à Intel est une belle chance, je n'ai pas de mots pour l'expliquer.

Actually I have applied for this position by online job portal of Intel corporation, after they have chossed my CV for HR phoning interview, after that I have passed a phonic interview with Techincal manager. They asked to me for 1:1 interview with group of people. It was ultimate, in fact I was so lucky that they asked question from my best knowledege area. One of the team member support me so much.
       I believe in luck little bit, Its great for me that my intial career start with compny like Intel. Thanks to god and parents for their blessing. working culture of Intel is ultimate, no word to explain.

Interview Questions
    • Pour moi certaines questions sont importantes, comme que connaissez-vos à propos d'IPTV, quelle technologie le supporte, pouvez-vous faire une application majeure pour le streaming ?   For me some of question for important, like what you know about IPTV, what is technology behind this, can you make a benchmark application for live streaming?   View Answer
    • Pourquoi avez-vous quitté votre ancienne entreprise ?   why you are left your last comapny?   View Answer
    En réalité je suis nouveau dans cette entreprise, je commence ma carrière dans le champ des logiciels donc il y a beaucoup à négocier, car en France il y a un salaire minimal pour tous ceux qui ont un Master.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

Phone Screen with HR
    On-site Interviews (3)

Interview Questions
    • Difficult technical finance questions eg calculate ROI of a project etc   Answer Question
    No negotiations