Intel Corporation

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Getting the Interview

1,258 candidate interviews

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – Only got through 1st round -
1st round was a campus interview
2 - 30 minute interviews -- the second one ran super long (50 minutes)
Interviews were very technical -- very few behavioral questions and basically zero questions relating to your interest in Intel or the industry or why you are even sitting in the interview!
One interview was about finance and even some supply chain technical questions straight off a piece of paper.
The second interview was a business case that used some off the concepts talked about in the previous interview.

Interview Question – If you had to convince your manager to make an investment of $1 M and there is no room in the budget - how would you do so?
Who would you approach with a new idea? A manager, an colleague?
How do you decide whether a project is worth it?
What is the WACC? When does a company use this?
How do you calculate the cost of equity?
Would you capitalize an investment as an expense or treat it as an asset?
What is the difference between the 3 financial statements? Please go through each of them and talk me through how they are connected.
What is the competitive landscape of Intel?
If I make an investment of say $ 1 M, walk me through how this affects all the statements.
  Answer Question

Process T D Engineer Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – Got a Call from Hiring manager and then onsite interview. Almost 10 hrs of interview.

Interview Question – how did solve a conflict with your boss   Answer Question

Datacenter Manager Interview

Folsom, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very tough, several group interviews. Lots of gotchas and rhetoricals.

Interview Question – Loaded with behavioral style questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – First, got one phone interview for an engineering position with group No. 1. This one was very basic and informal, and most of the time was spent chatting about the company itself, my previous experience, and the details of the job.

Second interview was on-site with group No. 2. After the phone interview they had apparently passed my resume on to a different group, but it wasn't exactly clear. The interview lasted for a full day and consisted of nine back-to-back interviews in the cafeteria, with a break for lunch off-site. I had to be escorted everywhere, even to get a coffee or to go to the bathroom, and saw virtually nothing of the company except the cafeteria and a conference room. They couldn't even tell me what I would be working on, beyond the most general or basic of terms. At the end of the day I was expected to give an hour long presentation on my PhD research. Exhausting.

Most questions were technical, like "can you describe how XYZ works," but there were also a few questions like "if you had a problem with a co-worker, what would you do?"

Portland is great, the pay would be good, but I was not impressed with the job itself. These people are expected to put in 60 to 80 hours a week, possibly more if needed, plus be on-call 24/7. And, since it's a huge company that makes very precise, reliable devices, the engineering jobs require extreme specialization.

The process engineering job interview focused heavily on real-world problem solving skills. They wanted someone who had lived in the lab, who had owned a tool, and had solved complicated experimental problems on it. Theoretical or academic knowledge was not a priority.

Interview Question – "Describe your most difficult problem in the lab, and how you solved it."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Ankara (Turkey)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – it was a stress interview in Ankara which was really depressing. they try to catch a weak spot and insist on paraphrasing the same weak spot question over and over again for like a 100 times, then you get frustrated.

Interview Question – how would you assess the corporate structure of a company   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of two one hour interviews. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. The interviewers were very aggressive and confrontational. The interview ended with a 15 minute role-play in conflicted resolution mixed with technical finance questions. The interviewer assumed the role of an angry engineer whose project I had just canceled and I had to resolve the problem. Not fun.

Interview Question – Asked the same questions 5 times until I had to say that I had no further input.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – First round interview with 2 managers, 30 minutes each. Second round on site at Folsom, did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Why is a manhole cover a circle?   View Answer

Optical Correction Group Interview

Hillsboro, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Took me out to Hillsboro after a 1hr long phone interview. Phone interview asked me what my experiences were in modeling/sim, things like FEM.

Went out to Hillsboro, crappy city but great perks by Intel. Folk there are just workn too hard, had a presentation for an hr in the morning (exactly an hr), then got HAMMERED by a bunch of the audience through 1:1 interviews. I didn't do a good job explaining what "I" did for my PhD because it kind of got lost in bringing everyone up to speed. I spent too much time on background info since I didn't know my audience, GET TO KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE BEFORE YOU GO!

You will be exhausted after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a Fourier Transofrm and in a square wave, which freq components don't let you get the appropriate "Square" from the curves.   Answer Question
  • What is a pointer?   Answer Question
  • They will hammer you on everything you said in your presentation. Don't be afraid to draw things out in front of them as they do expect that.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for the position through university and was offered a phone interview. I was emailed the interviewers name and position. I never received the call at the scheduled interview time. I followed up and another phone interview was scheduled. Every question asked was very technical in nature with none being behavioral. They seem to want a keyword for every question that they ask.

Interview Question – What are some things to take into consideration for a pricing change?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2009.

Interview Details – My initial communication was with the hiring manager over the phone. The next phone screen was done by one of the team members and was technical but with standard questions that were expected.
The planning of the interview was very organized through email although as with many companies the online application took at least an hour to fill out.
The in-person interview lasted all day and included hour long meetings and detailed technical interviews with the team as well as a group interview during lunch. The team members were all sharp and very enthusiastic about their work. Only one was slightly condescending possibly because I had no idea regarding that employee's area of specialty.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation interview questions and advice. All 1,258 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.