Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
1,582 Interview Reviews

3.1

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Attended two interview sessions before getting the offer. Its was a good interview interaction with recent college graduate. Had the interview in a office community zone to create comfortable, casual environment.

Data Science Grad Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2015.

Applied online. Got an email from hiring manager for phone screen. It was one hour technical interview by two hiring managers. The questions were about my projects I mentioned in my resume, some basic questions on machine learning and feature engineering and some data structure and algorithm questions which involved writing code using collabedit.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Questions related to the projects I mentioned on my resume.
      2) Machine learning questions about linear regression and how to select best model given two linear regression models and statistical significance.
      3) feature engineering questions related to text mining.
      4) Data structure and algorithm questions :- Given two string identify if they are anagrams, Given two strings find the longest common sub-string, How will you generate a password of given length with uniform distribution of uppercase, lowercase, special character and numbers in it.

Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2015.

One day after applying on website was contacted and phone screened by hiring manager.. One week later invited in for panel interview. Hiring manager stated he would make decision over next week, then instead of making decision delayed indefinitely.. and never heard back from them. Kind of shabby process for a company that seems to care about it's image.

R&D Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Total interview time was about 3 weeks. Initial interest call with manager lead to onsite interview. They paid for travel costs and scheduled the meeting with 6 interviewers. Overall a very long process but the employees were very easy to get along with.

Lunch break is included. While it technically is still an interview, it's very casual. However, eat neatly and mind manners.

Interview Questions
    • Various software design questions which describe projects worked on and how the pieces fit together.   View Answer
    • Describe a difficult project you work on with others. Were there any difficult decisions or disagreements?   View Answer
    • Technical interview involved testing coding knowledge on buffers, queues, and dealing with efficiency and complexity in software design.   View Answer

Purchasing Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

I applied online.
    Got a phone call from HR and was invited to the interview, following a few questions about myself through the phone. The interviewer was kind and the interview lasted for about 40 minutes, and included a short part in English, questions about my skills in Excell and a few about general Economics.

Process Engineer Interview

The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

It was a phone interview with a hiring manager first. It took about one hour with questions about my background, my school, my resume, and behavior questions. It was a good opportunity for the manager to know me and for me to present myself. The most important thing is to know what you put on your resume and do not leave an impression that you overly decorate your resume. I got a on site interview invitation at the end of the phone call. It surprised me at that time since I thought they needed some time to consider my performance.

3 weeks later, I went to the onsite interview. The experience of the on site interview left me a very positive impression of intel. The interviewers were very nice and professional. I know one day interview can be exhausted, but I think I prepared it well. I rehearsed my presentation very carefully before I went there, so I think I did a pretty good job of time control. Most of the questions were behavior questions and technical questions of my presentation. In general, all discussion was of PhD level, so make sure you know what you talk about. The whole process of the on site interview took from 8:30 to 4:45.

Graduate Technical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2015.

There were two rounds of interviews. First was phone screening, background discussion, group projects etc. Second round was technical, with C++, sorting and searching, complexity, Algorithms and data-structures question and one puzzle.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2015.

Went through three interviews: one on university campus, a phone interview, then on site. The on site interview was broken into five major sections each with a different engineer: computer architecture, logic, validation, software, and general personality questions. Individual questions were simple and straight forward, but the interview covered a very wide breadth of topics.

Interview Questions
    • Create a test plan for a simple ALU where operands are stored on a stack.   Answer Question
    • How do you synchronize a signal between two clock domains?   Answer Question
    • Design a spice rack for the blind.   Answer Question

Hardware Design Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2015.

I applied online and about three weeks later the hiring manager contacted me asking for good times for a phone interview. I had a one hour phone interview with the manager. It was a fairly technical interview but it all related to my coursework, he did not just randomly bring anything up.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the different levels of memory. Describe what happens when a you're trying to execute a read instruction (registers, caches, disk). What are the benefits of pipelining? (two specifically)   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

One-on-one interview process, where you are screened by one supervisor, then if you pass that interview you are interviewed by a board of several supervisors at once. The interview is focused on the job for which you are being hired but also there are questions concerning how you meet Intel's advancement criteria, ie; they are also hiring for the future.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you put you and your teams safety above all other concerns?   View Answer