Intel Corporation

Updated Oct 23, 2014
1,427 Interview Reviews

3.1

RET Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

The preliminary phone interview was quite simple. Not much of probing questions. My overall impression about the team from the onsite interview was very positive. The requirements for this team were quite strict. My impression was that the main emphasis was on software skills and that was not my main area of expertise. This could have been easily clarified at the phone interview which could have saved both sides the trouble and time.

Interview Questions
    • How many lines of code did you write? What is your favorite linux command?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied online - got an email for setting up phone interview call.
    First interview call - directly with the hiring manager. Asked about past exp and resume
    then simple OS related questions and then some moderate level questions
    Second Interview call - with the team lead. Average OS related questions

D1C Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. Phone interview was followed by an onsite interview with 1 hr presentation of my PhD research. About 4 weeks after the onsite interview, I received the official offer letter. All technical questions were related to my research. There were some very common behavioral questions too.

Interview Questions
    • Basic CMOS related questions, including fabrication steps   Answer Question

BIOS Engineer Interview

V organized interview process. Interviewers were knowledgeable and respectable.Got 1 break in between. White board coding. System level questions , puzzles.Asked in depth on projects done on resume. Behavioral questions : what would you do if employee in team is not finishing projects on time ?

Software Engineer Interview

The process takes one day and goes smoothly. Different interviewers focus on different domains, such as programming language, document reading and understanding, team cooperation and others. It is not easy to answer all questions. You need to think fast and give good answers. These interviews are quite smart. The technical questions are well prepared.

Interview Questions
    • When the task is impossible to finish within the given deadline, what should you do?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2014.

An interview process consisted of 2 interviews with 2 different people. Interviewers were really nice and did not try to impose any more stress on the interviewee. Overall, all the people that I have met from Intel were really helpful and friendly.

DDG Technical Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2014.

I talked to an Intel recruiter at a career fair for engineers. He seemed interested in interviewing me, and called that night to set one up for the following day. The interview went well and was not too difficult. Questions ranged from state machines and digital logic to simple analog design and CMOS transistors. The interviewer also took time to explain some of the concepts I would be presented with during the internship that I had not yet learned in my classes.

Less than a week later, I received an email saying that they wanted to bring me on as an intern for the Summer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you increase the speed of a signal sent across a resistor and capacitor network?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I was not selected for the interview process because my resume did not meet their requirement.
    Also I am not a US citizen. Few jobs in Intel are posted for Citizens.

Research Scientist Interview

They approached me by mail after receiving my CV. After a short email correspondence I was invited for an onsite interview day. The interview was 7 hours long: a 1 hour presentation followed by 1/2-an-hour interviews with many group members and managers, and lunch with managers.

Interview Questions
    • Some asked very difficult mathematical questions. Example: how would you prove the theorem …   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Phone interview, with a number of technical weed out questions. Lots of friendly back and forth about leading edge technology related to the specific group's current tasks followed. Interviewer came off as a good guy and technically competent.