Intel Corporation

Updated Jan 22, 2015
1,508 Interview Reviews

3.1

Process Engineer D1C Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

On campus interview followed by an e-mail the next day inviting me for on-site interview. 1hr long presentation with 6 hour long interviews. Good experience overall.
    The first 3 1:1 interviews were mostly the interviewer speaking and telling me about Intel, more than asking questions, they were from a group very close to my background. The last 2-3 interviews were from the group that actually were recruiting, and that wasn't much related to my background!

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

All day technical interview and off-campus lunch with a manager (not necessarily hiring manager). First was introduction to team and site project with principle engineer. Followed by three 45 minute technical interviews. Expect to be at the white board a lot. Lunch and general discussion. Expect to be asked about compensation and salary expectations. Afternoon was three more technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    Very rigid as in no wiggle room

Facilities Engineer Interview

Applied online and received a phone call interview. Asked very technical questions throughout the entire phone call. You either knew the answers or did not, they will know whether you are honest or not. Seems very demanding of knowledge even if you are a new college graduate.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions on certain measuring techniques and internal work processes.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2014.

Conducted a phone interview with one of the area managers and was recommended for a site interview. At the site interview, I gave a one hour thesis research presentation and met with a few process engineers in the morning. I went to lunch with a few of the process engineers, which was a great time to ask questions and was relatively low stress. In the afternoon I met with a few of the area managers.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a problem solving scenario wherein I had to use verbal clues given to me in the problem description to determine whether or not my particular process was responsible for failed devices in the fab.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Applied from career fair. Took 1 week to get interview. They contacted via email and set date and time for one hour of interview. Questions were from three areas only. 1) C (2) Operating system (3) Computer architecture. Operating system and computer architecture questions were easy, but not C.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regrading C were difficult as they wanted for operating system debugging. So you need to know all about C and it's good if you read any C book to get idea about some detail orientated questions.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2014.

It was a two-day interview at two different locations. I first gave a talk, then I was 1:1 interviewed with 7-8 people. I had also a few phone interviews. It was more of behavioral questions than technical questions. Also some questions of my CV: the places I've worked and the projects I did there.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

1st Round - one to one interview
    2nd Round - phone screen

Interviewer asked questions regarding behavioral situations, teamwork, company, technical accounting terms, and about my resume. Interviews were about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3-5 challenges you think Intel would face in the future?   Answer Question
    • Who are Intel's competitors and how can we differentiate against them?   Answer Question
    • What inventory controls would Intel focus on?   Answer Question

RET Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Engineer from Intel's Lithography group gave a presentation at the school, and selected 10 students for an interview the next day. It was a 40 min interview with a mix of both technical and behavioral questions. One behavioral question was "Can you handle stress? Give an example."
    Few were selected for an onsite interview at Portland. The onsite interview lasted whole day - 9 in morning to 4 in evening. The day started with the manager of Lithography group giving a short tour of Intel and describing the hiring process. Then, I gave a one hour presentation based on my PhD research. Lots of questions were asked by the audience during the time. Following that, I had 40 min one-on-one interviews with 5 managers in the Lithography group. All managers picked up on my research fairly quickly and asked probing questions testing the depth of my knowledge. I faced only one behavioral question - how do you handle conflict?
    The lunch was with two new-hires in the lithography group. The purpose was to get a perspective from recent joinees.

Interview Questions
    • - Most questions were technical in nature, and were based on my PhD research
      - Can you handle stress? Give example
      - How do you handle conflict?

Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Basic electronics test given. Two people interviewed me, and they were very respectful and nice. Basically, the test was the hard part of the interview process. The one:one interview was laid back and very easy.

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was connected to the finance intern recruiter through the career counselor at my university. I was quickly set-up for a face-to-face interview with 2 different recruiters. I do not have a finance background but was interested in pursuing a finance career and learning more through this internship. Unfortunately, they were not looking for someone who they can train and develop, but rather a person who already has the skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer very technical finance questions about IRR, NPV, and financial statement analysis.   Answer Question