Intel Corporation Hardware Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

3.1

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

First got an email asking to submit my updated resume(I had submitted it at Grace Hopper maybe 3 or 4 months before), then got a phone call, and was asked about my resume. Asked some standard behavioral questions, and then also asked a couple technical questions. Nothing too challenging. Was told I would get a call back from the manager to interview me, but the next call I got was from the same hiring person, offering me a job!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with someone, how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone screen followed by technical interview spans the whole day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Interview

Had initial screening on phone. Explained job description. Asked verilog, system verilog basics, with unix and perl. took for 45 min asked around 40 questions. In my case answered around 80 % of them . Questions were to the point. courses like digital logic and testbench development would be helpful

Interview Questions

• create soft link in unix, semaphores, clocking blocks etc.,   Answer Question

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for screening interview. Passed the screening and got called for on site interview. It went on for 5 hours with 5 round. First is verification, second is architecture, third is HR round then had a break then logic round and then Software( Programming round). Did't do well in verification. Got a reject after a week.

Graphic Hardware Debug Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview with the recruiter and after that there was an onsite interview consisting of 4 rounds. Software, Behavioral, Hardware, Verification. Software: questions on c and c++ oops and coding problems Hardware: mostly about digital concepts and computer architecture Verification: FSM, questions on test cases. Behavioural: mostly general questions

Interview Questions

• They looked mainly for people who were good c and c++ programming and Computer Architecture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Gainesville, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring Manager sent an email asking my availability. Job description was for configuring CAD tools according to requirements. He went over my resume, especially projects related to VLSI. He wanted to know if I was familiar with the whole process flow of design. Was also interested in knowing my knowledge of fabrication and asked questions based on how to reduce capacitance in interconnects (use a dielectric with low relative permittivity). Also asked a simple algorithmic question related to an IF condition. Anyway, he staged another two rounds of interview over call, this time with his team for them to assess. The first group asked questions about basics of circuit design, like what are the advantages of using CMOS design and the necessity of both NMOS and PMOS. They also ventured to ask what parallel computing is all about (since that's on my resume). Asked me how I could use MPI to optimize Cadence (weird?). Asked if I minded doing a more software based job. The next team asked more relevant questions. Question on what will be the delay if there is a resistance and a capacitance at the output of an inverter. Also a question on body biasing. Asked if I knew PERL scripting. Asked if I knew SKILL (apparently that's the language they use to optimize their CAD tools). Asked how I would go about implementing a design process (schematic, simulation, floorplanning, layout etc.). Asked if I knew UNIX (basics). Asked what is grep for.

Interview Questions

• Fabrication related, something about the interconnect process that I can't seem to remember.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

Interview

7 persons with different background to interview technical, personality and even entertainment and system high level background do not ask for details but just overall. Salary negotiation are little bit slow as Intel pay includes lots portions, base pay is always not attractive.

Senior RF Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had several phone interviews and then invited for on-site. The phone interviews went well and I was reasonably interested to go for on-site, so I did. Around 12 people interviewed me through out the day and it was certainly exhausting. Most of the sessions were technical with some behavorial questions. Most people were really nice and polite. It is a new college grad position but I was asked questions which needed relevant industry experience to answer properly. I was clear about my qualifications and background before interviewing. I was nonetheless asked and grilled about topics I have nothing to do with. That was a little frustrating.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught your immediate supervisor doing something illegal?   1 Answer

Job prospects did not excite me. The job seems more suited to MS level, not PhD.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted by the group Manager by email. Was asked if I was available for a phone screen and given some days/dates as time slots to choose from. I replied back with my availability. Never received a call even after emailing to confirm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2012.

Interview

Apply on April?and get interview at the end of May, Intel CCDO group.

Interview Questions

• 10.VIA, CONTACT's function in layout 11.what is cache?and its tradeoff 12 what's the concept of page in memory 13.what is virtual memory 14.what is cache replacement policy? 15.do you know any script language? I said I know perl.Then some following questions about regular expression 16.what is stack 17.what is recursive 18.what is array 19.what is hash table?what' the difference of it and array? 20.what is RISC & CISC?what is intel using now? 21.what is pipeline?intel uses how many stage? 22.do you anything about PLL, what's that for?   2 Answers