Intel Corporation

3.1

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2015.

The interview process started with a hiring manager reaching out to me to coordinate a phone interview, the actual phone interview/screening that lasted for about 30 minutes, and the on-site interview. This hiring manager was not the actual hiring manager for the position I interviewed for when I was brought in for the on-site interview. The entire face-to-face interview was for 3-1/2 hours where I spoke with 5 Intel employees that included the actual hiring manager, hardware and software engineers, and a management staff member.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fair and based on my experience and what they look for in candidates. Since I was fairly well-prepared for both the phone and on-site interviews, I answered all the questions with confidence. As (I) expected for engineering interviews, some of the questions involved (a) processes in test and manufacturing environments, (b) test methods, (c) electrical diagrams, and (d) situational and behavioral questions.   View Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2015.

Step-1.
    Phone screening for about 35-40 mins (Questions about MOSFETs, Probability, Statistics and projects on Resume)

Step-2.
    I was invited for the on-site interviews (4 tech rounds, detailed questions on Logic, semiconductor physics, HDLs, ddesigning)

After a week I was notified about offer by an e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Solve given logic circuits, design regulator (block diagram), complete HDL code, HDL synthesis etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2015.

Met with hiring managers at a college career fair. Talked to them and then also applied online. After a while I got an email confirming they received my application and then a phone call after. I traveled to their headquarters and then went through the interview process. Overall it was pretty easy, no reason to be worried.

Post Silicon Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2015.

Computer Architecture, Programming, Basic computer hardware related questions. Medium difficulty level. Interviewer also asked general IQ based questions. It started with a normal conversation in which interviewer asked about the availability, CPT/OPT, relocation interests etc. Then he started with computer hardware, architecture, programming and mental ability questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Smooth process without HR to get phone interview and on-site.
    Seven rounds of technical interview from 10am to 5pm, telecommunication knowledge and C language coding. Some interviewers showed obviously unfriendly attitude for unknown reason and tried to pick any minor issue during the interview

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was contacted by two different teams on the phone for a "get to know you" call. I received a technical follow-up call from one of the teams that did not go very well. It was my mistake that I wasn't very prepared. So study up on things you think you already know! Then I came in for long day of interviews with people from the other team. It was I think six different interviews ranging from technical puzzle to coding to questions on how I work with others. The environment was very relaxed, casual, and pretty comfortable. Because of my first screw-up on the phone I had put a week's worth of hard studying/reviewing so I was well prepared for these interviews, and they went really well.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly happens in a computer system when there's a keyboard input interrupt, and how does the CPU process that instruction.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate a higher starting salary, which I was bummed about. But they did throw in a few thousand dollar sign-on bonus.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Had applied online via Intel Job portal.
    One round of telephonic from the Senior Manager. This round was mostly on my resume and projects few basic knowledge testing.
    Got a call for on-site visit. I had 5 rounds of 1:1 with senior software developers. They covered grounds on Object oriented concepts, XML, Java, Data structures, algorithms and design concepts. Each round did had white board coding ( moderate difficulty ). Process was very good and the interviewers very friendly and helpful. (they knew what to expect from a grad student!!)
    Lunch session with the manager to discuss about team and the culture.
    Got a mail in the same week with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Few of the coding questions were on memory level.
      Like how to test the stack overflow in java via a simple code.

Answer Question
    Offer was pretty competitive for me. Yes you do have an option to negotiate when the HR calls for the formal offer discussion.

Power Distribution Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Went to an Intel info session at my school (UIUC). Talked to a recruiter who was interested in me because of my past experience in process engineering. She took my resume and I followed up with her a few times. A month later she called me for a 30 minute phone interview and offered me an internship a few days later.

I did not negotiate.

Process Engineer D1C Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

On campus interview followed by an e-mail the next day inviting me for on-site interview. 1hr long presentation with 6 hour long interviews. Good experience overall.
    The first 3 1:1 interviews were mostly the interviewer speaking and telling me about Intel, more than asking questions, they were from a group very close to my background. The last 2-3 interviews were from the group that actually were recruiting, and that wasn't much related to my background!

Asmo Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

First interview one on one in my career center at college, second interview on site with two managers and someone from HR. There was a long wait time between the first and second interview.

Interview Questions
    • First interview all behavioral specific to the job, second interview all behavioral.   Answer Question