Intel Corporation

Updated Dec 11, 2014
1,480 Interview Reviews

3.1

Graduate Technical Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Consisted of phone interview and on site interview. Was asked questions by several members of the team. The questions were both behavioral and technical and reflected a pretty broad overview of courses learned in undergrad. Received offer only a few hours after interview

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Had given resume, when they had come to the campus. Later got email from a manager and he took a phone interview next day. Very friendly guy, he explained about the role and the nature of the job and later moved on to questions and then let me to ask questions. Very frank, normal, easy conversation.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were very expected stereotypical interview questions   View Answer

Dielectric Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Initially there was a phone interview with basic statistic questions:mean, normal distribution, standard deviation. After that interview I went to Phoenix for a face-to-face interview. Was required to do a presentation on PhD project the day before the interview. During the RUSH event they gave an interview of the company and some of the benefits. There were two-one hour interviews with two people in each of the interview rooms.

Interview Questions
    • Vacancy in crystal structure, dislocation, Arrhenius equation, Fick's law of diffusion, thermoplastic, thermoset, energy bands for metal, semiconductor, insulator.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Phone interview followed by onsite. Mainly technical questions on basics in the subject. Your resume, education, personality all matter ...not just the interview. University rankings are also very important. Some questions were on my resume and projects as well. They chose the topics for on site in which I was comfortable on phone interview. Very friendly and want to have people who can and are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview interspersed with behavioral questions   Answer Question
    Still undergoing

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Initial contact was via email. Which lead to an initial phone screening/interview. Then 3 days later I had two phone interviews for two different departments. The first interview was more about professional development, different situations at work and how to work through adversity, and also touching base on how overcome obstacles with limited resources. The second interview was more technical and asking alot about previous projects, coding style, lab experience, and asked about tradeoffs and benefits to different designs in computers and processors.

Interview Questions
    • What do I want from working for Intel? What exactly do I see myself contributing to?   Answer Question

Start date was too soon.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

I had three rounds of interview, one face to face and two on Google hangout. The questions touched every current aspect in technology which was in demand. I received a call after a week and was offered the job at Hillsboro. I was invited for an orientation event that week to their campus and was told I would get the official offer details in a week. After two days of getting invited to the event, I received an email from the recruiter saying that she then realized that I needed work authorization and she forgot to check this even before she put me onto the interview list. So they retracted my offer ! I even asked one of my interviewers as well as a representative who took my resume during the career fair regarding this whether Intel's IT department would be offering sponsorship for me. They assured me that Intel would be sponsoring me for the Visa. Being an international student I am always worried about this one aspect. After I got the call, the HR stated repeatedly regarding the team's willingness to extend an offer and the upcoming event. I went ahead and rejected few of my other offers as well because of the polished talks. After all, Intel is a dream place for one to work. But this made me completely lose all the respect that I had for Intel. After spending an entire weekend to prepare, 3 rounds of interviews, getting an offer and then a retraction was something I never expected. The HR stopped replying to my emails after this. I am completely helpless. I wish this never happens to anyone else.

Performance Architect Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I would never interview or even collaborate with the people in this team or recommend working with the people in this group. Manager was completely unprofessional and harpy. I was interviewed by people who were not even involved with the team and were unaware of why they were asked to interview me. I was interviewed by 5 people for 5 hours in succession. The manager and principal engineer who were initially forcing me to interview did not even have the courtesy to get back. I have a feeling their so called new project did not get funded.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to design a shared cache using hardware components????   Answer Question

MBA Finance Interview

I applied through my college's career services center. A cover letter and resume were required. I think that the cover letter was very important. had back to back interviews at my school. Both interviewers were nice. Not a lot of technical questions, mostly industry-specific questions asked. I received feedback a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest danger facing Intel today? If you have limited capital and two potential projects requiring more capital than you have, how would you proceed? What insights do you gather from the latest earnings report?   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

1 Phone Interview. Basic digital logic questions and probability questions and general questions about resume. How do you fix setup, hold, verilog latch questions. write case statement for mux. sram memory working basics

FAB TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Pretty focused on teamwork and safety. Very big deals for Intel. Know your electronics and schematics reading abilities. Also be prepared to share a bit about your past working experiences.

Interview Questions
    Phone call, and they more or less said this is the offer and made it seem I would be not selected if I didn't accept the initial offer. But I suppose that is how most companies work. This was years ago though.