Intel Corporation

1,427 Interview Reviews

3.1

PTD Module and Yield Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Applied through and employee referral. Started with a phone interview with the manager of the area that I was applying for. The phone interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and involved explaining details of my PhD research and describe specifics of work that I performed. Additionally the manager gave me an idea of the type of position I would be placed in.

At the end of the phone interview I was invited for an onsite interview to take place during the next month. The onsite interview involved a 1 hour presentation (15 minutes for questions, I only had 1 easy questions) about my PhD research. About 10-12 showed for for my talk which I believe was on the high side of expectations. The actual interviews involved ten 45 minute one-on-one interviews with various experienced and un-experienced people from various areas of the group I was interviewing for. Additionally 1.5 hours was allotted for lunch with a few of the group members which was more of an informal discussion about working at Intel and living in the Hillsboro area. Overall the interview was pretty low stress, comfortable discussions with various people explaining my research. Final interview was with hiring manager who I think had already decided to hire me, and told me as much before I left.

I received an official offer a little less then 2 weeks later. I arranged a phone call to discuss the offer with someone from HR, who explained all of the details. An official email with a PDF copy of the offer came a few hours later. I was given 2 weeks to respond.

In general if you make it onsite just know your PhD research and be personable and you will probably get offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made in your professional/personal life that turned out to be positive.   Answer Question
    Offer was significantly higher then I expected. I didn't negotiate.

Undergraduate Technical Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I applied online and received an internal referral. About two weeks later, I received an email requesting a time I could complete a phone interview. I had a short phone interview asking about my projects and they sent an offer letter the next week.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Questions
    • All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Sent resume directly to the hiring manager. Had a phone screening interview which had basic questions on STA, APR, etc. Onsite had 5 rounds, which was pretty challenging. One round I messed up bad and didnt not get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were based on STA, timing and some based on PERL.   Answer Question

Softwaregraduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

I applied online in intel's job portal. Got a call after 3 days asking for a time to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter said three of them would join me in a one hour technical interview. One manager and two other colleagues joined the interview. No puzzles or hard questions were asked. Some behavioral questions and mostly technical questions related to position and deep about projects in resume. If you know the basics, you are more than good.

Interview Questions
    The package is great. no need to negotiate.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I presented out on my recent work at other companies and then participated in a case study. 1 Panel interview. It was awesome. I met with several hiring managers, future peers, other candidates/applicants, etc. It was a very friendly, collegiate environment (and this was very experienced roles, not College Recruiting). There was not a lot of competition because they made it clear there were many jobs available.

Interview Questions
    • The lack of questions, it was just a conversation and you don't know if you are really on track or not.   View Answer
    I was able to get my planned summer vacation time secured, and support for my ongoing education (not financial, just the time to do it). no $$ negotiation at all. They have a strong process for calculating internal and external pay competitiveness.

Advanced Analytics Development and Deployment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

I got an email long back from the hiring manager about a prospective internship which I declined that time because I already got an offer from other group. However, I kept the mail and followed up recently for a full-time opening with the hiring manager in May 2014 and he said that he actually has an opening now. He asked me to formally apply online for a given job number. In June 2014 I got another email for phone interview which was scheduled in mid July 2014, it lasted for an hour and covered stuff regarding my thesis and prior two internships at Intel. The interviewer was the hiring manager himself and he invited me for an all paid onsite interview in the following week.

Day of the interview:
    starting 8 AM in the morning, I had to give a presentation on my thesis topic that lasted for an hour. After that there were 6 one on one interviews each one lasting about an hour (except the 1.5 hrs of lunch time during which I was taken out for a group lunch at a restaurant along with 3 members of the group). The interviewers tested behavioral and technical skills. All the interviews were conducted in the cafe. Pretty informal type. They wanted to see how I think, my problem solving skills, my soft skills etc. There were questions on my published papers (one of the interviewers came with my paper in her hand and asked questions from there) and on my thoughts about dealing with the datasets they have in hand. All the interviewers were very nice and friendly. I got a very positive vibe of the group (consisting of 7-8 members). They mentioned that there will be another person joining the group in August 2014 and if I am hired, I will be their newest member. There were 2 other members who joined last year or the year before, who were about the same age group as I am. All in all, it was a good experience. The day ended at 4 PM with the last interview with hiring manager. Within 1 week I got an offer from Intel HR.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember any. Technical questions depends on how well you know your work and basics. All the behavioral questions can be answered if you have worked at a company at some point in your career. I kinda enjoyed the interviews ,I would say.   Answer Question
    Proposed a higher base salary but the HR got back to me saying that they have some constraint and can not increase it. However, they offered me an one time hiring bonus which was good enough.

Product Marketing Interview

Submit resume. Interview with multiple team members who ask behavioral questions. Responses are studied and discussed to vet the right candidate. Experience and education are reviewed with a specific emphasis on match to the job needs.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was interviewed through phone for Product Development Engineer Intern position. The main idea of the interview was mainly regarding technical questions in computer architecture and programming topics and see if I was able to work and communicate it through.

Make sure to review your truth table, logic gates, and programming concepts that you have lost touched on for any software engineering positions.

Unfortunately, few weeks later, the group lost their funding so they couldn't hire interns.

Overall, it was a great experience and I enjoyed the interview with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Simplify (~a)b+abc+b(~c)? Clear register bits using OR/XOR. Programming in C questions.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

we strive to hire people who can perform multiple functions; who have great work ethics; who can maintain work life balance; are easy to work with; have aptitude to learn new things and teach other people in the company