Intel Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had mailed my resume to someone I knew at Intel. I got an email from a hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview, I got an invite for onsite interview. The onsite interview was from 8am to 5pm, including my presentation, lunch and 8 1-1 interviews. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were on my research and CMOS devices/circuits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – Originally, I went back and forth with a couple of managers over a phone interview. At first I interviewed for a S/W position, but then I ended up interviewing for this FIB position instead.

Eventually I ended up coming in for an interview process that lasted a few hours. Talked with 3 different people about a range of subjects. Talked about logic tables, transistors, layout design, and basic chemistry.

Interview Question – Draw a cross-section of a transistor, and explain exactly how it works   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Lead

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – The whole process was very good. There were multiple rounds of interviews with the subject matter experts. Some of the other functions also played a part in the interviews. Thy made you feel very comfortable.

Interview Question – How much compensation do you expect?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Initial interview on campus. Had a phone interview that was cancelled. Then, unexpectedly, about 5 months later I got a call asking me to come onsite for an interview.
Interviews were pretty casual. A few technical questions, but nothing too hard. It seemed that the real purpose of the questions wasn't to test my knowledge but to test my problem solving skills. 1 hour research seminar presented and a 2 hour lunch with some new engineers.

Interview Question – Very few difficult or unexpected questions. Most of the "interview" felt like a recruiting trip.   Answer Question

Rotation Engineer Interview

Rotation Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

Interview Details – Typically for engineers involves both a behavioral and a technical interviewPrimarily based around an informal behavioral interview for me as the only technical questions they had was for electrical engineering, but that was not my field, so it was a bit awkward. But this will vary greatly from group to group.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time where you had to work in a team where someone didn't contribute. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate at all.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview included MS Project package, which I had to review and present it to a panel of interviewers. But post interview I was hired quickly. All went very smoothly.

Negotiation Details – Easy

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview process, was recommended by a friend and the job was right up my alley. Mostly behavioral interview but some skills based "test type" questions. More words here to meet the minimum.

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation possible other than start date.

Software Development and Optimization Intern Interview

Software Development and Optimization Intern
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from the hiring manager and scheduled telephonic interview. Got the decision after a week of telephonic interview. Manager seemed to be pretty nice and was able to reschedule on the day of the interview.

Interview Question – Was asked questions on Android runtime, software optimization, parallel computing, threading, battery consumption, software debugging, C++ and Java.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intel doesn't negotiate for internships. Package offered is based on prior experience.

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through other source and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – General questions about my experience. I think a high GPA really helped. There were a few light technical questions. They asked me what is it I want to do in my career and what things I like.

Interview Question – Explain experiences and issues you helped resolve.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted another offer from another company

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Folsom, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – Frequently has hiring freezes. The frequency and duration has increased in the last 5 to 8 years. Don't expect hiring to happen quickly. Company likes to promote and grow from within, albeit most engineers are more likely to be silo'd into the same position for >3 years.

Interview Question – College Rush candidates should prepare for the gauntlet of tests. Often abstract problem solving questions are particularly used and are tough. For example... you are standing in a boat holding a rock. You throw the rock into the water. Does the boat sit higher or lower in the water.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really isn't much of a negotiation. They have a paint-by-the-numbers formula for pay and benefits. Based mostly on years of experience, degree level. If you're experienced, but don't have a degree you're lucky to get the job. And if you didn't go to a big-name college don't expect the degree you have to count for too much towards starting salary and bonus target.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation