Intel Corporation

1,508 Interview Reviews

3.1

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

I had three rounds of interview, one face to face and two on Google hangout. The questions touched every current aspect in technology which was in demand. I received a call after a week and was offered the job at Hillsboro. I was invited for an orientation event that week to their campus and was told I would get the official offer details in a week. After two days of getting invited to the event, I received an email from the recruiter saying that she then realized that I needed work authorization and she forgot to check this even before she put me onto the interview list. So they retracted my offer ! I even asked one of my interviewers as well as a representative who took my resume during the career fair regarding this whether Intel's IT department would be offering sponsorship for me. They assured me that Intel would be sponsoring me for the Visa. Being an international student I am always worried about this one aspect. After I got the call, the HR stated repeatedly regarding the team's willingness to extend an offer and the upcoming event. I went ahead and rejected few of my other offers as well because of the polished talks. After all, Intel is a dream place for one to work. But this made me completely lose all the respect that I had for Intel. After spending an entire weekend to prepare, 3 rounds of interviews, getting an offer and then a retraction was something I never expected. The HR stopped replying to my emails after this. I am completely helpless. I wish this never happens to anyone else.

Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

I met them at a career fair at my college, and about a month later, they emailed me offering an interview. It lasted about 45 minutes and had a lot to do with computer hardware: caches, logic gates, stacks, pipelining, you name it. They also had basic coding, circuits and algorithms questions, and they contacted me within the next week offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • If I had a 32 input logic gate, how would I test it's output efficiently?   Answer Question
    They gave me a week to accept. They called me offering the details, and emailed me too. They're pretty responsive, although at times not so accomodating of things like commuting.

Performance Architect Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I would never interview or even collaborate with the people in this team or recommend working with the people in this group. Manager was completely unprofessional and harpy. I was interviewed by people who were not even involved with the team and were unaware of why they were asked to interview me. I was interviewed by 5 people for 5 hours in succession. The manager and principal engineer who were initially forcing me to interview did not even have the courtesy to get back. I have a feeling their so called new project did not get funded.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to design a shared cache using hardware components????   Answer Question

MBA Finance Interview

I applied through my college's career services center. A cover letter and resume were required. I think that the cover letter was very important. had back to back interviews at my school. Both interviewers were nice. Not a lot of technical questions, mostly industry-specific questions asked. I received feedback a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest danger facing Intel today? If you have limited capital and two potential projects requiring more capital than you have, how would you proceed? What insights do you gather from the latest earnings report?   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

1 Phone Interview. Basic digital logic questions and probability questions and general questions about resume. How do you fix setup, hold, verilog latch questions. write case statement for mux. sram memory working basics

FAB TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Pretty focused on teamwork and safety. Very big deals for Intel. Know your electronics and schematics reading abilities. Also be prepared to share a bit about your past working experiences.

Interview Questions
    Phone call, and they more or less said this is the offer and made it seem I would be not selected if I didn't accept the initial offer. But I suppose that is how most companies work. This was years ago though.

Software Engineer Interview

Best I ever had.
    Professional and focused. Friendly interviewers and very respectful and committed to the hiring process and to the candidate.
    HR was somewhat a bit slower than the technical stuff during the process

Interview Questions
    • Please explain what is the garbage collector and how it operates.   Answer Question
    I was asking for flexibility in the location where the land located they were kind enough to meet me half way through

PTD Engineer Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I applied online for multiple positions. One day a hiring manager called me and we agreed on a phone interview for a later date. The next day when we had the phone interview, he had many questions about my PhD research, major outcomes, hands-on experience. Next day the interviewer called me, and invited me for onsite interview. I had couple of weeks to prepare for the onsite interview.

I arrived in Hillsboro the day before the interview. On the day of interview, one of the interviewer met me in the lobby, introduced me my schedule, went over the job in general. This was followed by my technical presentation to a group of two who also took me out for lunch. These two guys are relatively young. This then followed with interviews with group leaders and area manager. All the interviews spend an appropriate time discussing the oncall situation. They were very friendly, and answered any questions that you might have.they rarely asked me any behavioral questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Had initial phone interview in which they asked puzzles followed by Day long Interview- They went through entire resume; Technical questions regarding skills in resume; Some behavioral questions like How would you handle situations in a team setup; Some puzzles;

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your teammate is not doing what he is supposed to do   View Answers (2)

Process Engineer Interview

Starts from a on-campus talk from Intel. The job position is in PTD. I submitted my resume and got a phone call that they offered an interview next day.