Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
1,616 Interview Reviews

3.1

Interview

I was referred through an internal referrel in the month of May. On July 16th I got a phone interivew and got a call for Onsite interview on November 5th. One week after the interview on a Thursday got the reject email.

The only way to be noticed by hiring manager is internal referral. There is no point in applying through their candidate profile. Hundreds of people will be applying and how can a hiring manager look into all those profiles. The other ways to get noticed is through university recruiting process as you will have a chance to talk to hiring manger in person.

One week after my friend referred me I got a message from a hiring manager . After writing several times I finally got a phone interview opportunity one month later on June 17th. It went very well with usual behavioral questions and these hiring managers are quite senior people and was aware of my research institution and the importance of our work. He told he will discuss with other hiring managers and I will be informed in a week or so. Then I waited, waited for long time and wrote several weekly emails. This hiring manager did not get pissed off by all my emails but he replied me time to time assuring that he will discuss my application. Finally one day in October I sent an email that I will not write any more emails and thanks for opportunity. That email was a hard one. He would have felt very bad and he immedaitely responded telling that he will resolve this issue. And he did invite me to the onsite interview which happened on 5th of November.

Several things went wrong. I updated the resume with the event coordinator and she did not change my resume. So please stick with the very first resume that you send. Prepare very well about the hands on experience. What did u fix during your PhD. I did prepare very well but I was not able to answer weakness question beyond the point I prepared. I said couple of weakness. But the interviewer was asking 3-4.

I had 6 interviews and 4 went well, 1 went bad and 1 neutral experience. May be they need yes from all the interviewers. It is also luck involved.

The area manager interviews went very well. But some team leaders came and screwed up my interviews. The final interviewer, a chinese guy, was asking me to write quantum mechanics equations. I told I studied these 6 years back and am experimental physicist. So I explained the implications and need for those equations. Then he was telling that you are not strong in basics. This guy had really thick accent and he asked me for weakness and I explained my weakness and stopped. Then he is telling that he asked for 3 and I told only one and I am not paying attention. This is the only interview I think I screwed up.

Overall it was a great experience except the one with the final guy. It was fun travelling to Hillsboro and facing one day full of interviews. I should be better prepared for this day. Just give them what they are expecting from you and you should get this job. I will try again later.

Interview Questions

• If an insect is trapped in soap bubble what will happen to insect. Will it survive or perish?

Some of the liquid droplet on surface retain their shape while some droplets loose their shape. Explain physics behind?

D1C Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Pretty easy process. Met with the recruiter at college career fair, got invited for in-person interview the same day and had the interview following day. The recruiter called in 3-days time to offer me to fly out to Oregon for the field interview. On-site interview was pretty much behavioral; all the interviewers just explained about what each department did and how I would fit in. Had 6 interviews with managers and an hour presentation about my Master's Thesis work. Got an offer in exactly 4 weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Everyone will ask
      1. How do you troubleshoot machines
      2. How do you deal with a difficult member in a group

Nothing was unexpected.

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied Online for the position also was referred by a friend for the position.The process took two to three weeks.Both rounds were telephonic.
    In the first round was asked about my resume, couple of projects that I had listed on my resume and some basic question like pointers, diff between pass by value and pass by reference, and some os related questions like semaphores, scheduling algorithms.

Interview Questions

• The second round was a week after the first one and was questioned on C/C++ basics like static, extern keyword, inheritance, polymorphism virtual functions. Also was asked some logical questions like reversing a string(how would you do it and tell some test cases for it).Identifying the the no of bits set in a char.Also some questions on virtual memory, paging segmentation.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Campus Recruiting: Two 45-minute interviews back-to-back, 7 questions in each interview for 14 total questions. Some of the questions are repetitive, but they want to see if you improve your answer the second time. I talked to two employees that work in finance, not recruiters. They called me the next day to let me know I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to influence your superiors.
      Tell me about a time you had a difficult group member.

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

The interview was a very positive experience. They asked more technical questions rather than any fit questions like other reviews suggest. It was two interviewers both 45 mins each. One asked you more technical questions and case questions, while the other assessed your knowledge about Intel as a whole.

Interview Questions

• There is a high demand for Product A, but you ran out of capacity. How do you accommodate for this?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Interview

Basic questions about commands writing reading , understanding of rules and instructions , in general not too hard . No strict reqirement on academic or language , it went well. Interviewers are nice

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

I got referred by an acquaintance to the Windows OS team at Folsom. The overall interview process was around 3-4 weeks. I had an initial round of phone interview which concentrated on general operating system concepts.

I was invited for an onsite interview at Folsom, CA. It was the worst experience that I have had in an interview. I think that the decision regarding hiring was made well before actually even interviewing me. There were 7 rounds of technical interviews. First round was good with generic discussion about my projects, operating system concepts etc. Second round was by an engineer with no proper communication skills, he was rude, unwilling to hear to my approach to problems. This was supossed to be a x86 coding round when I had no where listed that on my resume.

Most of the rounds were primarily concentrated on computer architecture when I had very limited knowledge on the same. The interviewers seems very inconsiderate of the fact that I was a computer science student and not a CE student.

The lunch interview was a pain, right from the moment we left the meeting room, till we came back the interviewer was constantly asking questions, with very limited time given to even have my food. I was expected to code on paper even the lunch interview round which seemed pretty insane to me.

The worst part was the same team at Hillborough had no CE questions at all that were asked while interviewing the candiates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between pentium 4 pipeline and RISC pipeline. What is the first instruction that the CPU executes. Write the PIN diagram of 8086 processor.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Interview

Applied through job portal. Got an email for a initial screening call from the manager. Project related questions.
    Then 1 technical interview from the architect. Questions werent very tough. Caches, OS related questions, SQL and database questions and some Perl questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The overall process was smooth and streamless, occurring within the span of a week or so. The interviewers were professional and friendly, and were attentive throughout the duration of the interviews. I was asked multiple questions regarding my personal goals and what I would like to accomplish at Intel. Additionally, I was told that I would have a good amount of flexibility within the team as well as ample resources to bring up my questions or suggestions to higher-ups.

Interview

Met with recruiter at university career fair. Scheduled an on-campus interview the next day. Mainly behavioral with a surprise general technical question at the end (Interpreted vs Compiled). E-mail from main Intel IT recruiter to schedule two more interviews. First was mostly technical, went over my resume and asked me to elaborate, asked what areas I was interested in. Second was entirely to discern which area I was interested in and which project I should be placed in.

Interview Questions

• While considering your computer science background, if you had all the money you wanted, what would you spend it on?   Answer Question