Intel Corporation

3.1

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Pretty easy interview process, was recommended by a friend and the job was right up my alley. Mostly behavioral interview but some skills based "test type" questions. More words here to meet the minimum.

Very little negotiation possible other than start date.

Software Development and Optimization Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Got a call from the hiring manager and scheduled telephonic interview. Got the decision after a week of telephonic interview. Manager seemed to be pretty nice and was able to reschedule on the day of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked questions on Android runtime, software optimization, parallel computing, threading, battery consumption, software debugging, C++ and Java.   Answer Question
    Intel doesn't negotiate for internships. Package offered is based on prior experience.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Frequently has hiring freezes. The frequency and duration has increased in the last 5 to 8 years. Don't expect hiring to happen quickly. Company likes to promote and grow from within, albeit most engineers are more likely to be silo'd into the same position for >3 years.

Interview Questions
    • College Rush candidates should prepare for the gauntlet of tests. Often abstract problem solving questions are particularly used and are tough. For example... you are standing in a boat holding a rock. You throw the rock into the water. Does the boat sit higher or lower in the water.   View Answer
    There really isn't much of a negotiation. They have a paint-by-the-numbers formula for pay and benefits. Based mostly on years of experience, degree level. If you're experienced, but don't have a degree you're lucky to get the job. And if you didn't go to a big-name college don't expect the degree you have to count for too much towards starting salary and bonus target.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Got an email from a hiring manager about setting up an interview for an internship. Interviewed over the phone (a basic chat to see if the team was a good fit for me and my basic understanding of the job I would have to do) and got an email a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • No super technical questions. Just concept questions. No need to provide solutions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

General questions about my experience. I think a high GPA really helped. There were a few light technical questions. They asked me what is it I want to do in my career and what things I like.

Interview Questions

I accepted another offer from another company

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Got phone interview one week ahead of the onsite. Interviewed by 4 area managers and 2 process engineers. Gave a 45-min presentation on my thesis. Havent heard anything back for almost 3 weeks. Most questions asked were behavioral questions and some questions on my research.

Validation Engineer, Intern Interview

Got mail to schedule an interview. Phone interview. It was 45 mins long interview. Fully technical. No behavioral question at all.
    1. Got the call on time
    2. No introduction part involved

Core OS Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Submitted resume at career fair and got called 4 weeks later.Phone interview was setup but they did not give any kind of job description.Seems hiring manager wants to check your knowledge on the fly but the focus in on basics.Questions on OS concepts,Intel architecture,Coding concepts and question.When asking questions on C/C++ they focus on the code debugging aspects.Also multiple interviewers were present most probably to ask about specific topics in particular.The interview seemed rushed after going back and forth on one of the debugging scenarios as there was no particular code being used.It was like you know it or you don't.

Interview Questions
    • what would you say if you run a program and it crashes unexpectedly? they wanted the debugging process you would follow,like use the debuggers step-by-step method.What if only cmd line was available?

Questions related to null pointer exception scenarios
        Answer Question

Senior Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Found position and applied on Intel web site. Was pleasantly surprised when contacted directly by hiring manager. Had 3 phone interviews with couple peers and the Director for my group. This went fairly quickly over the course of a couple of weeks. Had one on-site interview with the hiring manager. No other in person interviews as this position was for a new function that was an "experiment" (red flag for later!). Got an offer immediately after on-site interview.

Turns out this job was very undefined, and was not exactly what was in the description, or the hiring managers expectations. In a way I was not a good fit. But I actually took some classes (on my own time and dime) to get up to speed on the technical aspects, which helped greatly.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how my past experience was relevant to this position?   View Answer
    Recruiter stepped in with offer and back and forth.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

I applied through on campus recruiting and was initially asked to undergo a phone interview (15 min) and then an on campus interview at the career center. Questions were fairly specific and related to the position, unlike some other companies that ask brain-teasers and mental math questions to "gauge your thought process."

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions about scenarios with difficult teammates or requiring extra problem-solving skills.   Answer Question