Intel Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Research Intern Interview

Graduate Research Intern
Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Got email from their recruiting staff sent to our university. Direct contact with their research group member. They look for a match by your resume and ask questions if they are interested in your previous experience. I think they are more concerned about your body of knowledge so that you can do best there.

Negotiation Details – This is taken care by Intel HR team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

Interview Question – How do we track our Fab assets around the world?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineer Student Interview

Software Engineer Student
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details – Send the resume to the Intel's web site. Full day of the interview with 5 people.Technical and non technical questions. A week later got a phone call from the company with an offer.

Design Automation Intern Interview

Design Automation Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – had few rounds of interview and questions were mostly on basics of digital design and few codes either in c or perl

Interview Question – Why use nmos and pmos? Question is expected but the answer expected was different than what we would think   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview, two back to back on-site interviews.

Interview Question – Explain jquery.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't choose to negotiate, but I could have.

Very Easy Interview

WHQL Tech Interview

WHQL Tech
Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – This company seems to know what they want. They also know how to qualify a candidate and show that they don't have to waste weeks of time and several interviews to make a decision. The interview process was handled entirely on the phone and in under 15 minutes. In person interviews are rarely required when you can ask questions that clarify that a resume is valid.

Interview Question – They asked me if I knew how to perform specific functions. I was a little surprised to think that someone might even be applying for the position that didn't know enough to know the answers here. Although I have been places where I have seen first hand that some people got a job that should not have. Intel seems a very intelligent employer. There were no trick questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Brief. It was handled before the interview.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Hired after 45 minute phone interview only. Met my manager after orientation (about a half day thing)

Interview Question – No trick questions, we just talked about my experience with the technologies the team was currently using and how my skill set could help the team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary range, they gave me 3 cents per hour under my low..

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was selected in RUSH hiring event which is for recent college graduates. Since I had graphics courses in my resume, I was called by 3 different teams for interviewing on the same day for graphics software engineer positions. One of the teams finally selected me :)

Interview Question – No such question comes to my mind. Since I was applying for graphics developer positions, most of the questions were focused around graphics pipeline.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer. I did not negotiate.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Take home coding test and 4 rounds of on site interviews

Interview Question – Embedded programming   Answer Question

Digital Engineer Intern Interview

Digital Engineer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – It only involved a phone interview where the hiring manager explained the position and asked me several digital design questions related to timing and logic. He also went over certain parts of my resume. I received an offer the next day. The hiring manager was nice, and it was overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – None, all questions were fairly straightforwards.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They provided a fair offer, and I accepted it.