Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.7

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Technician Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Basic electronics test given. Two people interviewed me, and they were very respectful and nice. Basically, the test was the hard part of the interview process. The one:one interview was laid back and very easy.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Basic questions about commands writing reading , understanding of rules and instructions , in general not too hard . No strict reqirement on academic or language , it went well. Interviewers are nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

Applied under Veteran opportunity; No job description provided for Manufacturing Technician. Any EE could easily pass this interview. Portland is known for hiring desireables; apparently, and EE major, Veteran, who passed 4/4 questions with the technical portion missing from their folder isn't desireable.

Interview Questions
    • Veteran. Female. Electrical Engineer degree.   View Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I put in my resume online and did not hear back for over a month. I received a call several weeks later and an interview was set up. The interview never happened. I heard back from a different person a few days later and an interview was set up and conducted. They were suppose to respond within a week and no response was received.

Interview Questions
    • The first half of the interview was technical questions pertaining to circuits and basic electrical pathways and the second half was questions relating to behavioral responses. The questions were not terribly hard but just very specific and detailed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Panel Interview

Interview Questions
    • Safety question concerning reporting another employee who has personal problems at home   View Answer
    easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

The interview process was quite different from most others I have seen. I was contacted by a hiring manager to come in for an on-site interview with the hiring manager who was an engineer. It was mostly behavioral questions with them wanting to know if I had any questions most of the time. They didn't ask me any technological questions which I found quite odd. After the interview I was called back the next week for a phone interview that was exactly like the first on-site interview and again no technological questions. They said everything sounded good and sent a background check link via email. A few days later the hiring manager called back and said everything looked good and I should hear from them in within a week. It's been a week and a half since then and no responses either as to not being chosen or a job offer. Overall the process was completely different from what I have heard of them.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really recall any specific questions, we just talked about prior experience and most of the questions came from those experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

Job search on intel web site. Brief description of job, qualifications, and requirements. Email and phone notice of interview selection. Multiple interviewer process took roughly 45 minutes per interviewer. Mostly behavioral questions. Ended with a few technical questions including a short written section to test mechanical and electrical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the meaning of 20 different elecrical schmeatic symbols   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Conducted phone interview prior to interviewing in person at the RA campus in hillsboro. phone interview was very relaxed and was to determine that I had a basic understanding of electronics and electro-mechanical aptitude. In person interview was done as part of a hiring event with several other people. I conducted my interview with one manager and one technician. the behavioral questions were very standard and the technical questions were simple dc circuits and mostly a repeat of areas covered during the phone interview. the interview atmosphere was very casual and the hiring managers were optimistic.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Behavioral questions and small portion of technical questions relating mostly to basic dc circuits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Applied online on the Intel website. Went through a military placement agency. Intel is going through the employment phase for manning up their new Fab 42 being built in Chandler, AZ. They are getting as many military trained technicians as they can get their hands on. The interview lasted 45 min. Started with a packet of questions with electrical schematics, gears, heat exchangers, and basic troubleshooting. After getting an idea of your basic knowledge, the interviewer goes over a personality type test. Asked questions about working as a team, dealings with problem people, working with friends, and dealing with other issues. After that, I was told of the basic schedule and opportunities. Then I asked him questions about various things to do with the job and the atmosphere at Intel.

Interview Questions
    there aren't any negotiations. Everyone at the interview were told ahead of time all the benefits and salary info. They pay competitively if not more. The cost of living in Chandler, AZ is average, and they pay pretty well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

I applied through the veteran hiring initiative. I was nervous, as I was repeatedly told that there would be a technical portion and behavioral portion to the interview. I studied for 2 weeks prior to the interview from some of the recommended topics regarding the job description. I also practiced mock interviews with people that I knew would give me constructive feedback. They both paid dividends for me, as it made the interview seem to go well.

The technical portion included a review of Ohm's Law, a detailed explanation (I stress detailed) of a system you are familiar with and have successfully troubleshooted, and to draw a flow chart for troubleshooting that system. Nothing too difficult if you are familiar with the system you outlined to the interviewer. Remember, they are not critiquing your system knowledge, but more about your process for diagnosing a problem and recommending solutions SAFELY.

The behavior portion was your standard fare. Name a time when you had an issue with a co-worker. What is your 5 year plan? Your 10 year plan? What is your biggest accomplishment? What is your biggest failure?

Just be confident and speak well and in plain english, and you should do well with this portion.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a system you are familiar with, and tell me about a time you had to troubleshoot it.   Answer Question
    • Using a multimeter, what readings would you get from testing these points along a circuit.   Answer Question
    set salary, no negotiation. but the package is generous and competitive.