Intel Corporation

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – Some basic technical questions, how does a transistor work, how does a vacuum system work, etc. followed by behavior questions, things like "Tell me about a time you had a conflict with another employee, and tell me what you did to resolve it"

Interview Question – Behavior questions tend to be the toughest. They want to hear specific examples, not just general things like "I try to avoid conflict with my co-workers", etc. They will press you for specific examples, so be specific.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was quite different from most others I have seen. I was contacted by a hiring manager to come in for an on-site interview with the hiring manager who was an engineer. It was mostly behavioral questions with them wanting to know if I had any questions most of the time. They didn't ask me any technological questions which I found quite odd. After the interview I was called back the next week for a phone interview that was exactly like the first on-site interview and again no technological questions. They said everything sounded good and sent a background check link via email. A few days later the hiring manager called back and said everything looked good and I should hear from them in within a week. It's been a week and a half since then and no responses either as to not being chosen or a job offer. Overall the process was completely different from what I have heard of them.

Interview Question – I can't really recall any specific questions, we just talked about prior experience and most of the questions came from those experiences.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Conducted phone interview prior to interviewing in person at the RA campus in hillsboro. phone interview was very relaxed and was to determine that I had a basic understanding of electronics and electro-mechanical aptitude. In person interview was done as part of a hiring event with several other people. I conducted my interview with one manager and one technician. the behavioral questions were very standard and the technical questions were simple dc circuits and mostly a repeat of areas covered during the phone interview. the interview atmosphere was very casual and the hiring managers were optimistic.

Interview Question – Mostly Behavioral questions and small portion of technical questions relating mostly to basic dc circuits.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired through after Intel came to my campus (Heald College). I was interviewed by two techs and one manager. They asked tech, behavioral, and standard questions.

Interview Question – I can't remember the questions but there were more tech related questions than anythings else.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. They just sent me a offer.

Very Easy Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was 1st contacted by phone. After the phone interview I was then asked to meet formaly at the facility. Once at the facility I was scheduled for two seperate interviews. In both interviews is was with two people. Each session they ask some technical questions based on equipment experiance process related and or what you know about the equipment. They also ask behavor questions basically looking to make sure your intentions are based on safe type of actions. They wanted examples of how you handled some difficult situation with your manager and or peers.

Interview Question – If you seen a friend get injured and they did not report it what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not have any negotiations

Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very straightforward interview that includes some technical questions, questions about education and experience. It's also important to be prepared to discuss examples that demonstrate strong leadership skills, multi-tasking/prioritization, self-motivation, ability to work in an ever-changing environment and ability to work individually as well as on a team.

Interview Question – No, question in particular that I can recall.   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through the veteran hiring initiative. I was nervous, as I was repeatedly told that there would be a technical portion and behavioral portion to the interview. I studied for 2 weeks prior to the interview from some of the recommended topics regarding the job description. I also practiced mock interviews with people that I knew would give me constructive feedback. They both paid dividends for me, as it made the interview seem to go well.

The technical portion included a review of Ohm's Law, a detailed explanation (I stress detailed) of a system you are familiar with and have successfully troubleshooted, and to draw a flow chart for troubleshooting that system. Nothing too difficult if you are familiar with the system you outlined to the interviewer. Remember, they are not critiquing your system knowledge, but more about your process for diagnosing a problem and recommending solutions SAFELY.

The behavior portion was your standard fare. Name a time when you had an issue with a co-worker. What is your 5 year plan? Your 10 year plan? What is your biggest accomplishment? What is your biggest failure?

Just be confident and speak well and in plain english, and you should do well with this portion.

Interview Questions

• Draw a system you are familiar with, and tell me about a time you had to troubleshoot it.   Answer Question
  • Using a multimeter, what readings would you get from testing these points along a circuit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – set salary, no negotiation. but the package is generous and competitive.

Chandler, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online on the Intel website. Went through a military placement agency. Intel is going through the employment phase for manning up their new Fab 42 being built in Chandler, AZ. They are getting as many military trained technicians as they can get their hands on. The interview lasted 45 min. Started with a packet of questions with electrical schematics, gears, heat exchangers, and basic troubleshooting. After getting an idea of your basic knowledge, the interviewer goes over a personality type test. Asked questions about working as a team, dealings with problem people, working with friends, and dealing with other issues. After that, I was told of the basic schedule and opportunities. Then I asked him questions about various things to do with the job and the atmosphere at Intel.

Interview Question – where do you want to work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there aren't any negotiations. Everyone at the interview were told ahead of time all the benefits and salary info. They pay competitively if not more. The cost of living in Chandler, AZ is average, and they pay pretty well.

Chandler, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview started with meeting one on one with one of the managers of the lithography dept. Like me He was prior enlisted and served in the navy as an Electronic Technician. The interview began with a quick review of my resume where I was asked to expand on some of the information contained within. after reviewing my resume I was asked a few behavior question i.e. Describe to me the worst team you have worked for, and describe the best team I've worked for. I was also asked to describe a time where I had to switch priorities and work on unfamiliar equipment and how i felt about the situation. After the behavior questions I was asked to take a technical knowledge background check that covered basic mechanics and electronics, and basic troubleshooting techniques. over all i was given a good impression of Intel and the Culture of the company.

Interview Questions

Rio Rancho, NM

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and was accepted for a phone interview. Accepted for one on one. They flew me out to location for 3 days paying for my airline ticket, rental car, hotel and gave me a credit card for incedentals. The people were remarkably casual...I almost felt out of place in my suit. One of my interviewers had an earing and was wearing a t-shirt. Nothing wrong with it, just thought it was unusual. The interview was simple and mostly consisted of "What would you do if..." safety questions. Only a few technical questions that, if you have spent any time with the equipment, was very easy.

Interview Question – What is an ESC.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The original offer was reasonable, I held out for a little extra.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Manufacturing Technician interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.