Intel Corporation Manufacturing Technician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2015

2.9

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was awhile ago when I interviewed but this company was the easiest interview. About half of the interview was behavioral questions which was quite easy. As long as you showed ownership and examples from past experiences you are good. They are looking for ownership, accountability, and a team player. This was a no brainer for me. The second half was technical questions which was easy as well. Although heard they revamped the interview questions but still pretty easy from those I know who went through it. As long as you have a basic understanding of mechanical, electrical and electronics you are good to go. They are also looking for a logical thinker and interested on problem solving approach. You don't have to have the 'right' answer just show a logical and systematic process/approach and support it. Most Manufacturing Technicians have no semiconductor back ground. Don't worry because they will train you. I was a primary trainer and trained engineers and technicians, many engineers knew more than me in theory, but learning there process is key.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Interview

I had been working there as a temp for some time before I was interviewed for a permanent position. It was very laid back, very informal and relaxed. I wasn't prepared for it, since I was in the middle of working and the hiring manager approached me. But it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe my professional background and education. Also to make a recommendation or something I could be done better.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview was with a panel of 3, and took place at Portland State University. Apparently they interviewed 30 people that day and called back 25. I was asked 5 behavioral questions and 5 technical questions from some sort of interview manual. I had to ask for some time to answer some of the behavioral questions and royally screwed up a couple of the technical questions (even though they were easy), but I still got a call back the next day for a second interview. For the second interview, I met with 3 different managers and interviewed with each of them individually at Ronler Acres. Second interview consisted of some more behavioral questions, as well as questions like "Tell me about yourself", and "Why did you choose to become a math major?". Definitely felt like more of a conversation than the first interview. After 3 weeks, they extended me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a coworker, and what did you do to resolve it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were working against a deadline and had to balance multiple projects at once   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were working in an unsafe environment   Answer Question
    • Identify these elements/compounds: H, C, Hg, Si, H2O2, KOH   Answer Question
    • A gas canister weighs 100 lbs empty, and 200 lbs full. It's sitting on a digital scale. You need to program the scale to alert you when the canister is 80% and 90% empty, respectively. At what values (in lbs) do you program the scale to alert you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Livermore, CA).

Interview

Difficulty is based on grade level and/or position. Examples of questions were based towards personality, problem solving, situations, team player, conflict of interest, accuracy, types of equipment used in manufacturing, process knowledge, SPC charts, safety, standard business methodology, and more.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, the questions for internships, graduates and contractors would be based on the position applying for. My initial interview questions were many-many years ago. I have had several internal positions within the company. Applied directly for positions within corporate online job postings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Beaverton, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Very typical of a Technical interview. Behavioral and technical questions, about half and half of each. I was sat down in front if a4 person panel and they asked 5 behavioral questions, one for each of the following. Safety, teamwork, problem solving, integrity, and personal. The 5 technical questions ranged from naming elements from the periodic table, to reading technical graphs, circuit analysis, and some simple arithmetic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a safety issue.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Basic electronics test given. Two people interviewed me, and they were very respectful and nice. Basically, the test was the hard part of the interview process. The one:one interview was laid back and very easy.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2014.

Interview

Hiring process took 3+ months. I send application and two weeks later I receive a text to schedule a phone screening and had my face to face interview a month later. Interviewers were nice. Interview consisted of 50% behavioral questions and 50% technical and methamatical questions. Make sure you study and be prepared

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Interview

Basic questions about commands writing reading , understanding of rules and instructions , in general not too hard . No strict reqirement on academic or language , it went well. Interviewers are nice

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied under Veteran opportunity; No job description provided for Manufacturing Technician. Any EE could easily pass this interview. Portland is known for hiring desireables; apparently, and EE major, Veteran, who passed 4/4 questions with the technical portion missing from their folder isn't desireable.

Interview Questions

• Veteran. Female. Electrical Engineer degree.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I put in my resume online and did not hear back for over a month. I received a call several weeks later and an interview was set up. The interview never happened. I heard back from a different person a few days later and an interview was set up and conducted. They were suppose to respond within a week and no response was received.

Interview Questions

• The first half of the interview was technical questions pertaining to circuits and basic electrical pathways and the second half was questions relating to behavioral responses. The questions were not terribly hard but just very specific and detailed.   Answer Question