Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

Applied under Veteran opportunity; No job description provided for Manufacturing Technician. Any EE could easily pass this interview. Portland is known for hiring desireables; apparently, and EE major, Veteran, who passed 4/4 questions with the technical portion missing from their folder isn't desireable.

Interview Questions
  • Veteran. Female. Electrical Engineer degree.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Panel Interview

Interview Questions
    • Safety question concerning reporting another employee who has personal problems at home   View Answer
    easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

The interview process was quite different from most others I have seen. I was contacted by a hiring manager to come in for an on-site interview with the hiring manager who was an engineer. It was mostly behavioral questions with them wanting to know if I had any questions most of the time. They didn't ask me any technological questions which I found quite odd. After the interview I was called back the next week for a phone interview that was exactly like the first on-site interview and again no technological questions. They said everything sounded good and sent a background check link via email. A few days later the hiring manager called back and said everything looked good and I should hear from them in within a week. It's been a week and a half since then and no responses either as to not being chosen or a job offer. Overall the process was completely different from what I have heard of them.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really recall any specific questions, we just talked about prior experience and most of the questions came from those experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Applied online and a recruiter contacted me a few days later via email. I filled out a questionnaire and was contacted by a hiring manager (again via email) 3 days later asking what a good time for a phone interview would be. I received a call the next day from the hiring manager which lasted roughly 30 minutes. A time and location was determined for the onsite interview (2 days later).

The interviewers consisted of 3 current manufacturing technicians and 1 supervisor. The first part of the interview (30 minutes) was solely based on behavior with questions like: describe a time when you a conflict with a coworker and how you resolved it, describe a time when you saw another person performing an unsafe task and how you dealt with it (and then your views on workplace safety), and define ambiguous, followed by describing a time when you received ambiguous instructions and how you worked past it. During this portion it is important to include as many details as possible (they will ask you too), include: peoples names, the setting, time of day, etc. The interviewers will allow you some time to think of particular instances, though this can lead to periods of silence.

The second part of the interview (again approximately 30 minutes) consisted of a math test. The interviewers will ask you to open a packet and solve problems verbally, outlining your thought process, and then writing down the answers of a pad of paper. The questions are meant to be straight forward and simple (a couple of the questions were poorly worded and could be construed to be much more difficult). If your answer feels incomplete to the interviewers, they will attempt to push you in the direction of the intended answer. Then they will ask you if you have any questions (it is expected that you do).

After the interview they asked me to step into the hall and after a brief time the supervisor came back out and announced that the hiring manager would be getting in contact with me. A couple of business days later I received an email from a staffing consultant (not the hiring manager) about when a good time to review the offer would be (over the phone). The conversation took place the next day and was followed by an email with a formal offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Define the word ambiguous. Describe a time when you received ambiguous instruction and how you overcame it.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate the terms in the offer letter. Before accepting however I was able to calculate the actual pay rate, not the base rate listed in the offer, and found it to be about 25% larger than the base rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

Some basic technical questions, how does a transistor work, how does a vacuum system work, etc. followed by behavior questions, things like "Tell me about a time you had a conflict with another employee, and tell me what you did to resolve it"

Interview Questions
    • Behavior questions tend to be the toughest. They want to hear specific examples, not just general things like "I try to avoid conflict with my co-workers", etc. They will press you for specific examples, so be specific.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2009.

I was hired through after Intel came to my campus (Heald College). I was interviewed by two techs and one manager. They asked tech, behavioral, and standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the questions but there were more tech related questions than anythings else.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. They just sent me a offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2008.

Very straightforward interview that includes some technical questions, questions about education and experience. It's also important to be prepared to discuss examples that demonstrate strong leadership skills, multi-tasking/prioritization, self-motivation, ability to work in an ever-changing environment and ability to work individually as well as on a team.