Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

Hiring manager was a lot easiler to handle than HR

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

Interviews at Intel are not done in a std format, so each hiring mngr has his own style.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation on my part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2008.

Interview came about through personal contact. Started with phone interviews with hiring manager and team members. Some group interviews. I actually interviewed for two positions within Intel at the same time, by chance. The most important thing about Intel is that they believe an employee or candidate will be able to change job descriptions within a certain range of fields. This leads to better opportunities for the candidate and for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many difficult questions. Most challenging questions came from potential peers, trying to understand how I would fit with the team.   Answer Question
    Not too much room for negotiation. Advise that candidates talk to friends within Intel to better understand Grade structure, salary, and bonus target system.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I submitted my resume to an online job site and received a call directly from the hiring manager. He discussed the position with me, and then arranged for me to go onsite to meet with various members of the team. I met with about 4-5 people, around 30-45 minutes each, with one round being lunch (I assume to assess personality and soft skills). I was also asked during the final round for my salary expectations. At the conclusion, I was told to give the process 2-4 weeks. I called in about 3 weeks, and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your interest in poetry would help you in this role (I had listed poetry as an outside interest).   Answer Question
    I received an offer in the mail, and I negotiated the salary higher by calling the hiring manager to discuss directly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Mostly behavioral interview. They're not really into brain teasers/puzzles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2014.

Be as proactive as u can. Talk to people, ask for an interview with the hiring manager, talk to his staff/admin, find what are looking for before going to the formal interview. Come prepared with at least 3 STAR examples. Prepare GREAT questions to ask. Follow up with personal handwritten notes of thanks.