Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2008.

Interview

I went to the company for a seminar about their financial analyst program. It seemed very dreary and all the employees that spoke would introduce themselves followed by the amount of time they have left until their next sabbatical (vacation every 7 years). During the phone interview process, they ask extremely difficult questions followed by ones like "What does Intel Centrino mean to you?" I didn't get the job but found one with a better work environment, MUCH BETTER PAY, and awesome hours. I think I'm one of the lucky ones since Intel cut 1,000 jobs in Oregon alone.

Interview Questions

• What does Intel Centrino mean to you?   1 Answer
    • How does A/R and inventory fluctuations affect the income statement?   2 Answers

Optical Correction Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

Took me out to Hillsboro after a 1hr long phone interview. Phone interview asked me what my experiences were in modeling/sim, things like FEM.

Went out to Hillsboro, crappy city but great perks by Intel. Folk there are just workn too hard, had a presentation for an hr in the morning (exactly an hr), then got HAMMERED by a bunch of the audience through 1:1 interviews. I didn't do a good job explaining what "I" did for my PhD because it kind of got lost in bringing everyone up to speed. I spent too much time on background info since I didn't know my audience, GET TO KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE BEFORE YOU GO!

You will be exhausted after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a Fourier Transofrm and in a square wave, which freq components don't let you get the appropriate "Square" from the curves.   Answer Question
    • What is a pointer?   Answer Question
    • They will hammer you on everything you said in your presentation. Don't be afraid to draw things out in front of them as they do expect that.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

First, got one phone interview for an engineering position with group No. 1. This one was very basic and informal, and most of the time was spent chatting about the company itself, my previous experience, and the details of the job.

Second interview was on-site with group No. 2. After the phone interview they had apparently passed my resume on to a different group, but it wasn't exactly clear. The interview lasted for a full day and consisted of nine back-to-back interviews in the cafeteria, with a break for lunch off-site. I had to be escorted everywhere, even to get a coffee or to go to the bathroom, and saw virtually nothing of the company except the cafeteria and a conference room. They couldn't even tell me what I would be working on, beyond the most general or basic of terms. At the end of the day I was expected to give an hour long presentation on my PhD research. Exhausting.

Most questions were technical, like "can you describe how XYZ works," but there were also a few questions like "if you had a problem with a co-worker, what would you do?"

Portland is great, the pay would be good, but I was not impressed with the job itself. These people are expected to put in 60 to 80 hours a week, possibly more if needed, plus be on-call 24/7. And, since it's a huge company that makes very precise, reliable devices, the engineering jobs require extreme specialization.

The process engineering job interview focused heavily on real-world problem solving skills. They wanted someone who had lived in the lab, who had owned a tool, and had solved complicated experimental problems on it. Theoretical or academic knowledge was not a priority.

Interview Questions

• "Describe your most difficult problem in the lab, and how you solved it."   Answer Question

Process T D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

Got a Call from Hiring manager and then onsite interview. Almost 10 hrs of interview.

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

My interview process for a validation engineer started with a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager in which we discussed by background and current role. He also briefly went into what the posted job entailed and what type of expertise he was looking for. There were no specific technical questions but he did ask me to talk about my level of expertise for various technical aspects.
    Next was the in-person interview. I had six 30-minute one-on-one interviews with different members of the team, as well as a break for lunch to speak with the hiring manager again. Each person focused on a different area of questioning, ranging from logic questions, behavioral, and technical. The logic questions were pretty standard for the industry and they're just looking to see how you think so you want to think out loud during these.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write everything I know about the wireless protocols (802.11) on the whiteboard and then questioned on various pieces of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary a bit, but at this point in the process HR takes over. Even if the hiring manager really really wants you there is not a lot of room to negotiate.

IC Layout Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

Very nice people to talk to. It started with detailed questions about my design experience with emphasis on problem solving. They wanted to know how I would work with the many challenges of layout and verification. Stress levels can get high and "How did I handle that?" becomes a very important question. We discussed the needs they had and whether or not I fit them.

Interview Questions

• Are you alright with broken tools?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

It is an interview over phone call. Firstly, the interviewer introduced their teams and respect works. It is a team working on super computers. As a software team, they are doing testing in this new super computer. It works on a different OS other than Linux and Windows. Then after introduction, they ask me about my related experience in these fields.

Interview Questions

• Detailed experience in testing building new OS for a new OS.   Answer Question

IRISE Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

Met a recruiter on campus who forwarded my resume to some managers and told me to also submit an app online. Was contacted 2 weeks later and had a phone interview within a week of that contact. This was the only interview I went through.

Less than a week later, the intern program manager called me with an offer.

I was contacted by a staffing consultant to review the offer, but it took a week to schedule that call and accept the position.

Interview Questions

• My interview covered basic CS concepts: sorting, searching, general knowledge of data structures, OOO concepts. I was a freshman who had not yet finished a data structures class at that point so I found it difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an internship and I was a freshman. Didn't negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2011.

Interview

Full Day interview from 8.30 to 4.30 pm followed by a 40 minute presentation

Interview Questions

• Random Chemistry questions and general lifestyle habits etc.   Answer Question