Intel Corporation

312 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2008.

Interview Details – I went to the company for a seminar about their financial analyst program. It seemed very dreary and all the employees that spoke would introduce themselves followed by the amount of time they have left until their next sabbatical (vacation every 7 years). During the phone interview process, they ask extremely difficult questions followed by ones like "What does Intel Centrino mean to you?" I didn't get the job but found one with a better work environment, MUCH BETTER PAY, and awesome hours. I think I'm one of the lucky ones since Intel cut 1,000 jobs in Oregon alone.

Interview Questions

Optical Correction Group Interview

Optical Correction Group
Hillsboro, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Took me out to Hillsboro after a 1hr long phone interview. Phone interview asked me what my experiences were in modeling/sim, things like FEM.

Went out to Hillsboro, crappy city but great perks by Intel. Folk there are just workn too hard, had a presentation for an hr in the morning (exactly an hr), then got HAMMERED by a bunch of the audience through 1:1 interviews. I didn't do a good job explaining what "I" did for my PhD because it kind of got lost in bringing everyone up to speed. I spent too much time on background info since I didn't know my audience, GET TO KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE BEFORE YOU GO!

You will be exhausted after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a Fourier Transofrm and in a square wave, which freq components don't let you get the appropriate "Square" from the curves.   Answer Question
  • What is a pointer?   Answer Question
  • They will hammer you on everything you said in your presentation. Don't be afraid to draw things out in front of them as they do expect that.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – First, got one phone interview for an engineering position with group No. 1. This one was very basic and informal, and most of the time was spent chatting about the company itself, my previous experience, and the details of the job.

Second interview was on-site with group No. 2. After the phone interview they had apparently passed my resume on to a different group, but it wasn't exactly clear. The interview lasted for a full day and consisted of nine back-to-back interviews in the cafeteria, with a break for lunch off-site. I had to be escorted everywhere, even to get a coffee or to go to the bathroom, and saw virtually nothing of the company except the cafeteria and a conference room. They couldn't even tell me what I would be working on, beyond the most general or basic of terms. At the end of the day I was expected to give an hour long presentation on my PhD research. Exhausting.

Most questions were technical, like "can you describe how XYZ works," but there were also a few questions like "if you had a problem with a co-worker, what would you do?"

Portland is great, the pay would be good, but I was not impressed with the job itself. These people are expected to put in 60 to 80 hours a week, possibly more if needed, plus be on-call 24/7. And, since it's a huge company that makes very precise, reliable devices, the engineering jobs require extreme specialization.

The process engineering job interview focused heavily on real-world problem solving skills. They wanted someone who had lived in the lab, who had owned a tool, and had solved complicated experimental problems on it. Theoretical or academic knowledge was not a priority.

Interview Question – "Describe your most difficult problem in the lab, and how you solved it."   Answer Question

Process T D Engineer Interview

Process T D Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – Got a Call from Hiring manager and then onsite interview. Almost 10 hrs of interview.

Interview Question – how did solve a conflict with your boss   Answer Question

IC Layout Design Interview

IC Layout Design
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very nice people to talk to. It started with detailed questions about my design experience with emphasis on problem solving. They wanted to know how I would work with the many challenges of layout and verification. Stress levels can get high and "How did I handle that?" becomes a very important question. We discussed the needs they had and whether or not I fit them.

Interview Question – Are you alright with broken tools?   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – It is an interview over phone call. Firstly, the interviewer introduced their teams and respect works. It is a team working on super computers. As a software team, they are doing testing in this new super computer. It works on a different OS other than Linux and Windows. Then after introduction, they ask me about my related experience in these fields.

Interview Question – Detailed experience in testing building new OS for a new OS.   Answer Question

IRISE Intern Interview

IRISE Intern
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2013.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter on campus who forwarded my resume to some managers and told me to also submit an app online. Was contacted 2 weeks later and had a phone interview within a week of that contact. This was the only interview I went through.

Less than a week later, the intern program manager called me with an offer.

I was contacted by a staffing consultant to review the offer, but it took a week to schedule that call and accept the position.

Interview Question – My interview covered basic CS concepts: sorting, searching, general knowledge of data structures, OOO concepts. I was a freshman who had not yet finished a data structures class at that point so I found it difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an internship and I was a freshman. Didn't negotiate.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – Full Day interview from 8.30 to 4.30 pm followed by a 40 minute presentation

Interview Question – Random Chemistry questions and general lifestyle habits etc.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – phone then two stage interview

Interview Question – How would you handle a prima donna senior engineer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation was too low.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – My first round of interviews on my schools campus went very well, that got me a second round interview on Intel's campus. Looking back I feel like I was much more confident with that interview then on Intel's campus. My interviews on Intel's campus did not go so well. Both times I was notified very quickly about my results (within days). When I was not hired I was actually able to speak to an Intel HR employee for about 30 minutes and get some valuable feedback about how my interview went.

Interview Question – How would you go about forecasting a new product that would be creating a new market (think along the lines of what the iPad did when it came to market).   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!