Intel Corporation

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Average Difficulty
308 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Oregon City, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Sent my resume through a contact there. The Hiring manager emailed saying he would like to talk to me, but did not set a time or date. Called me unexpectedly two days later late at Night. Nothing specific questions asked.

Interview Question – My research interests. I tried my best to focus on the semiconductor process. But he would not give me anything specific to talk more about. Talked for like 10 mins and gone. No courtesy even to email back.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – First submitted my resume to a recruiter in the job fair. Got a call from a hiring manager after 3-4 weeks. Scheduled for a phone interview or better to say screening. The interview was mainly focused on some general question about my research. I got the feeling, the manager hardly follows what I am explaining. I stopped a number of time to make sure the manager understood what I am explaining. There were not any challenging technical question. One of managers asked me about my approach for a problem solving. I gave a relevant example to the job background. They some other behavioral questions. Finally asked for questions. I asked three questions and manager had hard time to answer any of them. After a week received an email about they are not considering me anymore.

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – First was Phone Screen interview with member of hiring group. A couple days later, invited for on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of four 1-hr 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – Design a state machine to recognize a bit-stream.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I received an email from the hiring manager directly inquiring about if I am still looking for employment and whether I could schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was set for about a week later and covered basic questions about my graduate project and a few behavioral questions also. A few days later I was emailed to schedule an on-site interview for around a week later (it was very short notice) but luckily I could be flexible.

The on-site interview consisted of three 2:1 interviews and three 1:1 interviews going over both technical and behavioral questions, but in my case it was mostly technical questions because I am a Master's EE student. I also was not required to give a presentation since I was not a Ph.D. candidate. The technical questions all came from my resume, so as long as you are confident with what is on your resume you will be fine. A large majority of the behavioral questions I was asked I actually had prepped for thanks to this website, so it was not too difficult to come up with examples. They focus heavily on your knowledge of equipment that you have used and their operating principles/theories so be very prepared for that.

Interview Question – Please note all of these questions corresponded to different projects from my resume and no question (in my opinion) came out of left field
-Describe the process flow of a MEMS pressure sensor
-Draw the diagram of a SEM
-Explain how ebeam evaporation deposition works along with a diagram
-Explain the operating theory of a Mass Flow Controller
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to work with starting date, salary is non-negotiable.

PTD Engineer Interview

PTD Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to a hiring manager who sent email to the department. Got a phone interview request through email in a month or so. Scheduled for a phone interview and got an invite for on-site interview in two weeks. The on-site interview was a full day with one-on-one interviews with an 1-hr seminar about my research in graduate school.

Interview Question – Why Intel?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Marketing Communications Manager
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2009.

Interview Details – Numerous interviews, but quick decision making and efficient on-boarding

Negotiation Details – Easy

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Graduate Technical Intern
Portland, OR

I applied online and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone interview. it takes about 45 min. Asked related to the computer architecture basics to deep.
it is difficult but got the job offer. Asked on c language questions and the interviewer is cool and we had a good chat in the phone,

Interview Question – questions on computer architecture   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Question – All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Debug Interview

Debug
Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – interview was setup via phone. Normal Conversation and questions about how you debug my projects. Asked some questions related to post silicon and analytically questions. I got Fadv from the Staffing department. Later HR called to ask whether i accept the offer letter.

Interview Question – Questions from resume   Answer Question

RF IC Design Interview

RF IC Design
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – phone scren followed by a pannel interview. One of the easiests interviewers I have ever had.

Interview Question – nothing difficult. Unexpectedly i was asked if I like fishing!   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!