Intel Corporation

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Getting the Interview

290 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – First was Phone Screen interview with member of hiring group. A couple days later, invited for on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of four 1-hr 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – Design a state machine to recognize a bit-stream.   Answer Question

Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – First submitted my resume to a recruiter in the job fair. Got a call from a hiring manager after 3-4 weeks. Scheduled for a phone interview or better to say screening. The interview was mainly focused on some general question about my research. I got the feeling, the manager hardly follows what I am explaining. I stopped a number of time to make sure the manager understood what I am explaining. There were not any challenging technical question. One of managers asked me about my approach for a problem solving. I gave a relevant example to the job background. They some other behavioral questions. Finally asked for questions. I asked three questions and manager had hard time to answer any of them. After a week received an email about they are not considering me anymore.

Oregon City, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Sent my resume through a contact there. The Hiring manager emailed saying he would like to talk to me, but did not set a time or date. Called me unexpectedly two days later late at Night. Nothing specific questions asked.

Interview Question – My research interests. I tried my best to focus on the semiconductor process. But he would not give me anything specific to talk more about. Talked for like 10 mins and gone. No courtesy even to email back.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I received an email from the hiring manager directly inquiring about if I am still looking for employment and whether I could schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was set for about a week later and covered basic questions about my graduate project and a few behavioral questions also. A few days later I was emailed to schedule an on-site interview for around a week later (it was very short notice) but luckily I could be flexible.

The on-site interview consisted of three 2:1 interviews and three 1:1 interviews going over both technical and behavioral questions, but in my case it was mostly technical questions because I am a Master's EE student. I also was not required to give a presentation since I was not a Ph.D. candidate. The technical questions all came from my resume, so as long as you are confident with what is on your resume you will be fine. A large majority of the behavioral questions I was asked I actually had prepped for thanks to this website, so it was not too difficult to come up with examples. They focus heavily on your knowledge of equipment that you have used and their operating principles/theories so be very prepared for that.

Interview Question – Please note all of these questions corresponded to different projects from my resume and no question (in my opinion) came out of left field
-Describe the process flow of a MEMS pressure sensor
-Draw the diagram of a SEM
-Explain how ebeam evaporation deposition works along with a diagram
-Explain the operating theory of a Mass Flow Controller
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to work with starting date, salary is non-negotiable.

PTD Engineer Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to a hiring manager who sent email to the department. Got a phone interview request through email in a month or so. Scheduled for a phone interview and got an invite for on-site interview in two weeks. The on-site interview was a full day with one-on-one interviews with an 1-hr seminar about my research in graduate school.

Interview Question – Why Intel?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2009.

Interview Details – Numerous interviews, but quick decision making and efficient on-boarding

Negotiation Details – Easy

RF IC Design Interview

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – phone scren followed by a pannel interview. One of the easiests interviewers I have ever had.

Interview Question – nothing difficult. Unexpectedly i was asked if I like fishing!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Really easy. Mostly interpersonal questions about working with others etc. What classes I took, how I deal with conflict with employees, things I am proud of doing. Nothing too technical but I did talk about my technical experience when asked about previous accomplishments. The interview was a group of Intel reps all at one time at my university.

Interview Question – They asked me if I can focus on one thing since I do so many things at school. Not really hard just a weird question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and was called by the end of the day by one of the members in the intern department. He said they were on a time crunch and has six candidates left to choose from, but my resume appeared better than others and he was wondering if I had time to interview before the end of the day. Luckily I only had one more class for the day, and accepted.

The "most difficult" question I was asked (probably because I'm a freshman) was given an array of 100 numbers in order (ie 1,2,3...,99,100) with 99 unique values and 1 duplicate value, how would I find the duplicate? I answered BST and then traverse the left or right child depending on what the root node was. He then asked me the big-Oh of it which is logn. I got a call from the original contact at Intel asking me to join them for the summer about twenty minutes after the phone interview.

Got an email the following week for me to consent to a background check and then the week after that I was formally given an offer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I receive full benefits, free

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2012.

Interview Details – Met recruiter, who happened to be the US Intern Program Manager in the US for Intel, at a resume workshop here on MIT campus. We spoke for a bit about my resume and he told me I should apply to intern at Intel so I did. I corresponded with him over email here and there and gave him updated versions of my resume (in response to critique he gave during the resume workshop).

After a month or two he said he was ready to start the interview process and the way it worked is that he tried to match me to a group so I was supposed to interview with individual groups. The guy from the interview really liked me I guess and I only got to interview for his group, Intel Architecture Group.

Questions were very easy/standard:
What is a class. Difference between Abstract class and Interface. What is polymorphism and why is it useful. Shallow Copy vs Deep Copy. VTables. A very simple (algorithm?) question:

Interview Question – Given a list of numbers from 1 to 100 with 1 number missing, find the missing number?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't accept yet but I think I might. Don't know whether I should negotiate $26.75 an hour. I am only a Sophomore.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation interview questions and advice in Oregon. All 290 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.