Intel Corporation

3.1

328 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

I applied online. Took long time before I received a call but after that the process was pretty quick. Since I had only 4 days before I could accept another offer, I asked the guy who called me to make process quick. Hearing that, he scheduled my next interview the same day after 3-4 hours. It was a friday. Next interview was scheduled on Monday morning. Got a call from manager saying they would like to take me as an intern. Took 3-4 days before I received offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly easy. Mostly data structures and algorithms   Answer Question
    Didnt negotiate as the compensation was fair

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

I had three rounds of interview, one face to face and two on Google hangout. The questions touched every current aspect in technology which was in demand. I received a call after a week and was offered the job at Hillsboro. I was invited for an orientation event that week to their campus and was told I would get the official offer details in a week. After two days of getting invited to the event, I received an email from the recruiter saying that she then realized that I needed work authorization and she forgot to check this even before she put me onto the interview list. So they retracted my offer ! I even asked one of my interviewers as well as a representative who took my resume during the career fair regarding this whether Intel's IT department would be offering sponsorship for me. They assured me that Intel would be sponsoring me for the Visa. Being an international student I am always worried about this one aspect. After I got the call, the HR stated repeatedly regarding the team's willingness to extend an offer and the upcoming event. I went ahead and rejected few of my other offers as well because of the polished talks. After all, Intel is a dream place for one to work. But this made me completely lose all the respect that I had for Intel. After spending an entire weekend to prepare, 3 rounds of interviews, getting an offer and then a retraction was something I never expected. The HR stopped replying to my emails after this. I am completely helpless. I wish this never happens to anyone else.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Phone interview followed by onsite. Mainly technical questions on basics in the subject. Your resume, education, personality all matter ...not just the interview. University rankings are also very important. Some questions were on my resume and projects as well. They chose the topics for on site in which I was comfortable on phone interview. Very friendly and want to have people who can and are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview interspersed with behavioral questions   Answer Question
    Still undergoing

Senior Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

Phone interview followed by onsite visit.

Behavioral and technical interviews onsite followed by tour.

Intense technical interview. The team is full of exceptional engineers. Read "60 seconds and you're hired", prepare based on that and if you've got the skills, you'll do well.

Interview Questions
    Limited negotiation. Obtained sign on bonus.

RET Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Engineer from Intel's Lithography group gave a presentation at the school, and selected 10 students for an interview the next day. It was a 40 min interview with a mix of both technical and behavioral questions. One behavioral question was "Can you handle stress? Give an example."
    Few were selected for an onsite interview at Portland. The onsite interview lasted whole day - 9 in morning to 4 in evening. The day started with the manager of Lithography group giving a short tour of Intel and describing the hiring process. Then, I gave a one hour presentation based on my PhD research. Lots of questions were asked by the audience during the time. Following that, I had 40 min one-on-one interviews with 5 managers in the Lithography group. All managers picked up on my research fairly quickly and asked probing questions testing the depth of my knowledge. I faced only one behavioral question - how do you handle conflict?
    The lunch was with two new-hires in the lithography group. The purpose was to get a perspective from recent joinees.

Interview Questions
    • - Most questions were technical in nature, and were based on my PhD research
      - Can you handle stress? Give example
      - How do you handle conflict?

Answer Question

D1C Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Pretty easy process. Met with the recruiter at college career fair, got invited for in-person interview the same day and had the interview following day. The recruiter called in 3-days time to offer me to fly out to Oregon for the field interview. On-site interview was pretty much behavioral; all the interviewers just explained about what each department did and how I would fit in. Had 6 interviews with managers and an hour presentation about my Master's Thesis work. Got an offer in exactly 4 weeks time.

Interview Questions
    • Everyone will ask
      1. How do you troubleshoot machines
      2. How do you deal with a difficult member in a group

Nothing was unexpected.

Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

I asked some guys who got success in getting Process Engineer jobs at Intel to help what type of resume would be good. Different guys had different styles/formats.Throughout the year, I kept applying online, sometimes with breaks of some weeks. I used all formats of resume. Once in 2013, I got an e-mail offering ma a phone interview. Just about a week earlier, I had contacted an Intel employee if he could forward my resume but I am not sure if that had worked or not. I was very excited hoping to succeed, as I always had been relatively stronger and more efficient in problem solving and scoring higher grades than most of my peers throughout my school and college and graduate research as well. As my colleagues/research group members, were easily offered jobs at Intel, I was already very excited, although this was just a phone interview. I believe I prepared well for behavioral questions as well and. After the interview (about 1 hour long) I thought there was nothing I answered which should refrain the interviewer from inviting me for next step. Unfortunately, I didn't get offer for further/field interview as some other person from Intel called me after about a week and said I was not selected !
    May be I lack a good interview and networking skills. I am going to try this year again whenever I get time.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you go for postdoc not Intel after PhD ?   View Answer

FAB TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Pretty focused on teamwork and safety. Very big deals for Intel. Know your electronics and schematics reading abilities. Also be prepared to share a bit about your past working experiences.

Interview Questions
    Phone call, and they more or less said this is the offer and made it seem I would be not selected if I didn't accept the initial offer. But I suppose that is how most companies work. This was years ago though.

Undergraduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Talked to them at the career fair and just had one phone interview a few days later. 45 minutes. Most of the time was spent talking about previous projects followed by basic technical questions and some behavioral questions. Got an offer a couple of days later. Impress them with your projects that you have done. Others did not talk much about projects and had more technical questions

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2010.

Had a phone interview where i described my PhD research and I got along fairly well with the person I spoke with. I received another request for an interview from another group at the same time. Regretfully, even though I got a better feel from the other group, they were not allowed to interview me further and it seems like that one would have gone better. In any case, I had an onsite interview with the 1st group and then very shortly after they said they would not be offering me a position (so soon afterwards that it seems obvious they decided before I even got out there). Onsite interview consisted of 1-on-1s and a presentation on my PhD research. Half of the 1-on-1s involved basic chemistry questions. One interviewer was particularly rude though, giving me a really hard time about some electrochemistry experiments I had done. His points were completely irrelevant to the context of the experiments that were being done, but he kept insisting these were important things I was not doing...finally he just sort of gave up arguing with me. It was awkward because you have to defend your PhD research, but you don't want to argue with someone interviewing you. One person simply did not seem interested in talking with me. Another individual kept asking me about if I developed a model for my experiments, which I already talked about for 1/2 my presentation, but all the other 1-on-1s went well.

Overall, I felt like they had already decided who to hire before I got there. Some of the people were fairly reasonable in their 1-on-1 interviews, but as mentioned above, a couple were pretty unreasonable for whatever reason. One younger lady I talked with during lunch said that she gained a lot of weight in the 1st few months in joining Intel due to stress and recently was able to lose it. They are on an extremely strict deadline for how they advance their nodes or whatever you want to call it.

I guess I wasn't disappointed in not getting an offer, it didn't seem like a very interesting position and was mainly just engineering and repetition, and not much professional development or learning.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were any really difficult questions. About 1/2 of the questions were general chemistry questions. One questions was: What happens to the rate of a reaction when you increase the temperature?   Answer Question