Intel Corporation

312 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Process TD Engineer Interview

Process TD Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – I am through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – After the internal referral, phone interview was followed for 30 mins. Quite basic questions are on the basis of CV. Have onsite interview with 6 individual group leads and one hour group presentation.

Interview Question – Some technical questions are not related to my background   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiable

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – After the internal referral, phone interview was followed for 30min. Based on the resume, there some simple technical questions. then invited to the on site interview. from 8am to 4pm 2 engineers were group and several teams asked the behavior questions.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

PTD Module and Yield Integration Engineer Interview

PTD Module and Yield Integration Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through and employee referral. Started with a phone interview with the manager of the area that I was applying for. The phone interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and involved explaining details of my PhD research and describe specifics of work that I performed. Additionally the manager gave me an idea of the type of position I would be placed in.

At the end of the phone interview I was invited for an onsite interview to take place during the next month. The onsite interview involved a 1 hour presentation (15 minutes for questions, I only had 1 easy questions) about my PhD research. About 10-12 showed for for my talk which I believe was on the high side of expectations. The actual interviews involved ten 45 minute one-on-one interviews with various experienced and un-experienced people from various areas of the group I was interviewing for. Additionally 1.5 hours was allotted for lunch with a few of the group members which was more of an informal discussion about working at Intel and living in the Hillsboro area. Overall the interview was pretty low stress, comfortable discussions with various people explaining my research. Final interview was with hiring manager who I think had already decided to hire me, and told me as much before I left.

I received an official offer a little less then 2 weeks later. I arranged a phone call to discuss the offer with someone from HR, who explained all of the details. An official email with a PDF copy of the offer came a few hours later. I was given 2 weeks to respond.

In general if you make it onsite just know your PhD research and be personable and you will probably get offered a job.

Interview Question – What was a mistake you made in your professional/personal life that turned out to be positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was significantly higher then I expected. I didn't negotiate.

Advanced Analytics Development and Deployment Engineer Interview

Advanced Analytics Development and Deployment Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details – I got an email long back from the hiring manager about a prospective internship which I declined that time because I already got an offer from other group. However, I kept the mail and followed up recently for a full-time opening with the hiring manager in May 2014 and he said that he actually has an opening now. He asked me to formally apply online for a given job number. In June 2014 I got another email for phone interview which was scheduled in mid July 2014, it lasted for an hour and covered stuff regarding my thesis and prior two internships at Intel. The interviewer was the hiring manager himself and he invited me for an all paid onsite interview in the following week.

Day of the interview:
starting 8 AM in the morning, I had to give a presentation on my thesis topic that lasted for an hour. After that there were 6 one on one interviews each one lasting about an hour (except the 1.5 hrs of lunch time during which I was taken out for a group lunch at a restaurant along with 3 members of the group). The interviewers tested behavioral and technical skills. All the interviews were conducted in the cafe. Pretty informal type. They wanted to see how I think, my problem solving skills, my soft skills etc. There were questions on my published papers (one of the interviewers came with my paper in her hand and asked questions from there) and on my thoughts about dealing with the datasets they have in hand. All the interviewers were very nice and friendly. I got a very positive vibe of the group (consisting of 7-8 members). They mentioned that there will be another person joining the group in August 2014 and if I am hired, I will be their newest member. There were 2 other members who joined last year or the year before, who were about the same age group as I am. All in all, it was a good experience. The day ended at 4 PM with the last interview with hiring manager. Within 1 week I got an offer from Intel HR.

Interview Question – Can't remember any. Technical questions depends on how well you know your work and basics. All the behavioral questions can be answered if you have worked at a company at some point in your career. I kinda enjoyed the interviews ,I would say.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Proposed a higher base salary but the HR got back to me saying that they have some constraint and can not increase it. However, they offered me an one time hiring bonus which was good enough.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Electronics Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – interview process is good. need more rounds of interview for selection process. hiring process could have been much more aggressive and should keep the resume in the database so that as and when we get the offer HR team should give us a call back and get right candidates for right position

Interview Question – expectations   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Debug Interview

Debug
Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – interview was setup via phone. Normal Conversation and questions about how you debug my projects. Asked some questions related to post silicon and analytically questions. I got Fadv from the Staffing department. Later HR called to ask whether i accept the offer letter.

Interview Question – Questions from resume   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Question – All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I was interviewed through phone for Product Development Engineer Intern position. The main idea of the interview was mainly regarding technical questions in computer architecture and programming topics and see if I was able to work and communicate it through.

Make sure to review your truth table, logic gates, and programming concepts that you have lost touched on for any software engineering positions.

Unfortunately, few weeks later, the group lost their funding so they couldn't hire interns.

Overall, it was a great experience and I enjoyed the interview with the interviewer.

Interview Question – Simplify (~a)b+abc+b(~c)? Clear register bits using OR/XOR. Programming in C questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details – Systems software knowledge will be tested thoroughly. be familiar with x86 architecture. Be confident and truthful. Most people are friendly, very smart and warming. One of the best places to interview and to work for!

Facilities Technician Interview

Facilities Technician
Aloha, OR

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Panel of Technical Questions, Managers, and Senior Technical staff.
Group System Walks with shift leads of all shift techs.
HR Behavioral questions, this was the stuff that was unexpected due to odd questions.

Interview Question – Give an example of a problem, and how you solved it using a calculation, and step by step process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Turned down first offer and interviewed with a night shift manager and took a UPW position.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!