Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Sep 2, 2015

3.1

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

A resume was submitted to the recruiter through out department. There was a hour long info session with pizza, attended by 50 people. I was selected for an on campus interview, which seemed to be an initial screening to see the seriousness and potential fit. It was essentially a resume discussion and lasted 20 minutes. This lead to an on site interview, which took all day. This included a thesis presentation, and numerous two on one interviews, a window tour, and lunch. I was lead to believe that they select the majority of qualified candidates for an on campus interview, then somewhere between 10 and 20 percent of those for an on site interview, and then they extend an offer to slightly more than half of those that are flown to Portland, OR.

Interview Questions

• Questions were to determine how you work with people, or how your thought process works. Nothing was pulling specific technical knowledge.   1 Answer

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied through Collage and had the first interview with a area manager on campus. After the end the first interview which took 30 min he asked whether I'll be interested for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• They were more interested in problem solving skills of the candidate.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Very informal interview process. People were very friendly and polite. Level of questions was average. Had multiple interviews on logic design, architecture and circuit design.Very informal interview process. People were very friendly and polite. Level of questions was average. Had multiple interviews on logic design, architecture and circuit design.

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple interview, was asked basic questions on computer architecture and resume. had applied online. it was in may I did not expect any interview calls but I got this one and I was interviewed in 3rd week of may got my offer letter in 3 days

Intel Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview started at 9:15 am. Met with an engineer who gave a high level overview of the position for 45 mins and answered questions. 1 hour PhD work presentation. 1 hour one-on-one interview. 2 hour lunch. 2 additional one hour one-on-ones with managers (the second one wasn't technical and was in charge of seeing you out). Finished by about 3:30 pm.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had any sort of tool ownership (very interested in this aspect). Since I have a lot of experience, we didn't even discuss too much - lots of back and forth Q&A both ways.   Answer Question

D1C Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Got the refer from a previous memeber from my lab, and got the email to arrange a phone interview in one week. The phone interview took about one hour, a lot of behavior questions and technical questions. It was focused on instruments and trouble shooting skills. At the end of the phone interview I was invited for on-site interview after 3 weeks. The on-site interview was very intense, including one hour presentation, and 6 one to one interview, each about one hour. Still focused on technical questions, and behavior questions. Still trouble shooting ability, and the understanding of lab instruments are very important. The ability of locate problems and sensitivity of statistics is very important. How to handle relationship with boss and coworkers, communication skills are what they would like to hear. One of the interviewer was very strict, and tough, that might be part of the stress test. It has been almost 4 weeks since the on-site, and I am still waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Most familiar instrument, and how they work. Trouble shooting experience, and specific examples. Why do you want to work for Intel? What is the most difficult problem in the graduate study, and how did you solve it? How did I determine if a vacuum system has a very minor leakage. How does XRD work, and how did I determint if a sample is single crystal or not. Talk about yourself, whatever you like to talk.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with questions to gauge what I've worked on in doctoral research and whether I'd be a good match for this type of position. Then invited to an onsite which included giving a presentation on my thesis work (to an audience of 2 junior engineers) and a day's worth of hour-long interviews in the cafeteria with various group leaders.

Interview Questions

• Toward the end of the day, one manager asked: from what I had heard so far, what stood out as the best aspect of the position for me and what I would find the most challenging.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview, they just asked me standard questions - what classes are you taking now, what are your interest areas, etc. They discussed my resume and talked about my projects.

Fab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview process was very casual, but still a difficult interview because there are many questions asked. There is also a lot of information given to you about the job and you are asked to give a description of your experience doing different descripts of the job. You are given many oppportunities to ask whatever you like and include whatever information about yourself you like.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Started in the morning at 9:15 am and lasted till 4.00 pm. Included an one hour long presentation of my work during graduate school. This is when I have been asked most of the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly what problems I faced during my graduate research projects.   1 Answer