Intel Corporation

3.1

320 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview. it takes about 45 min. Asked related to the computer architecture basics to deep.
    it is difficult but got the job offer. Asked on c language questions and the interviewer is cool and we had a good chat in the phone,

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Panel Interview

Interview Questions
    • Safety question concerning reporting another employee who has personal problems at home   View Answer
    easy

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

After two weeks I submitted resume to the system, someone called me. He asked simple behavioral questions. For example, he asked me "why do you want to work at Intel?", "What was the most difficult thing in your PhD program", and "How do you solve problems when you are conflicting with your colleagues. Then he asked technical questions. For example, "what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?"

Interview Questions
    • what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

I had mailed my resume to someone I knew at Intel. I got an email from a hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview, I got an invite for onsite interview. The onsite interview was from 8am to 5pm, including my presentation, lunch and 8 1-1 interviews. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were on my research and CMOS devices/circuits.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Questions
    • I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   View Answers (3)
    I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Initially contacted by recruiter. Had two rounds of phone interviews and one round of in-person interviews. Had to prepare a job talk that lasted about 1 hour with a panel of over 10 people. Had 6 individual interviews after the job talk and dinner afterwards with immediate team members. Offer was made about 2 weeks after job talk.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to detail my research design approach, methods and to talk about at least 2 projects. Team mostly tried to find out information about my past and about my personality.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Got email from their recruiting staff sent to our university. Direct contact with their research group member. They look for a match by your resume and ask questions if they are interested in your previous experience. I think they are more concerned about your body of knowledge so that you can do best there.

This is taken care by Intel HR team.

Custom Layout Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Phone interview about basic knowledge of custom layout and verification (DRC, CVS). Programming skills are also interviewed: data structure, basic programming knowledge

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

It was a phone interview. I was referred by a friend working currently at Intel to an Engineer in another group. The day after, I got an email indicating to call him to his number the following day. I thought it is going to be a friendly introductory chat, but it turned out an hour formal phone screening interview! The position he interviewed me for was an immediate hiring, and since I couldn't finish my PhD (in Mechanic) in a month, this interview didn't worked for me.

Interview Questions
    • Two cups, isolated to the surrounding. There are small piece of ice and some hot water in identical amount for each cup. In one test, ice goes first and then hot water. In other hot water goes first and then ice. In which test, ice melts sooner.   View Answers (2)

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

After giving my resume to an on-campus rep. I received a phone interview that was mostly discussing my past experience. Then I was asked about my experiences with fixing instrumentation, how I felt about hands off mentoring, and how I felt about being on-call.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Seemed very similar to what others on this site have said.   Answer Question