Intel Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Manufacturing Technician
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Panel Interview

Interview Question – Safety question concerning reporting another employee who has personal problems at home   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Component Design Engineer Interview

Component Design Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Interview Details – After giving my resume to an on-campus rep. I received a phone interview that was mostly discussing my past experience. Then I was asked about my experiences with fixing instrumentation, how I felt about hands off mentoring, and how I felt about being on-call.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult. Seemed very similar to what others on this site have said.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details – I had mailed my resume to someone I knew at Intel. I got an email from a hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview, I got an invite for onsite interview. The onsite interview was from 8am to 5pm, including my presentation, lunch and 8 1-1 interviews. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were on my research and CMOS devices/circuits.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got phone interview one week ahead of the onsite. Interviewed by 4 area managers and 2 process engineers. Gave a 45-min presentation on my thesis. Havent heard anything back for almost 3 weeks. Most questions asked were behavioral questions and some questions on my research.

Interview Question – One brainstorming question.   Answer Question

Custom Layout Automation Engineer Interview

Custom Layout Automation Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview about basic knowledge of custom layout and verification (DRC, CVS). Programming skills are also interviewed: data structure, basic programming knowledge

Interview Question – inverse a string without a temporary variable   View Answers (2)

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Aloha, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview. I was referred by a friend working currently at Intel to an Engineer in another group. The day after, I got an email indicating to call him to his number the following day. I thought it is going to be a friendly introductory chat, but it turned out an hour formal phone screening interview! The position he interviewed me for was an immediate hiring, and since I couldn't finish my PhD (in Mechanic) in a month, this interview didn't worked for me.

Interview Question – Two cups, isolated to the surrounding. There are small piece of ice and some hot water in identical amount for each cup. In one test, ice goes first and then hot water. In other hot water goes first and then ice. In which test, ice melts sooner.   View Answers (2)

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Question – I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by recruiter. Had two rounds of phone interviews and one round of in-person interviews. Had to prepare a job talk that lasted about 1 hour with a panel of over 10 people. Had 6 individual interviews after the job talk and dinner afterwards with immediate team members. Offer was made about 2 weeks after job talk.

Interview Question – I was asked to detail my research design approach, methods and to talk about at least 2 projects. Team mostly tried to find out information about my past and about my personality.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Intern Interview

Graduate Research Intern
Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Got email from their recruiting staff sent to our university. Direct contact with their research group member. They look for a match by your resume and ask questions if they are interested in your previous experience. I think they are more concerned about your body of knowledge so that you can do best there.

Negotiation Details – This is taken care by Intel HR team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

Interview Question – How do we track our Fab assets around the world?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation