Intel Corporation

290 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I got call from Hiring Manager for interview , there were total of 4 interviews all telephonic by different people from different location.
first interview was behavioral by hiring manager , most of the questions were about my previous experience , mostly on the work i done and projects i worked on , then some related to my academic project and research work, no specific question but general descriptive, and then at the end why this company related few question.
second was with 3 senior members , i think 2 were senior engineer and one interviewer was of director level , mostly grilled on my projects and then specific questions on C++ and OpenGL programming and then what projects i would be interested in company if i given choice ,this was important i believe.
3rd interview was taken by junior engineer and lead , question were related to vector calculations , graphics and basic C++ programming questions.
final interview was again related to vectors and then some tricky questions on my previous work projects that how did i do (e.g. how did you actually improved performance for games - driver tweaks etc)
and then i was offered intern position for 6 months.

Interview Question – No difficult questions but expect grilling on previous work projects and academic project or research work you are doing at University   Answer Question

D1D Process Engineer Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke to the hiring manger on-campus. 1 hr phone interview mostly technical after one month. Few day I received an email for an onsite interview in two weeks. Full day of interviews including a presentation I did. All interviews are in the cafeteria. Be prepared a lot of technical questions about your research.

Interview Question – All questions were technical in nature and some personal about handling conflects and dealing with advisor, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring manager received my resume from Intel's application database. I received a request for a phone interview date and time via email. The phone interview consisted of them explaining the position, asking me behavioral questions, asking me about my resume, then finally, asking about any questions I may have.

At the end of the interview, they said they will hand my interview to their team and if anyone had any questions, they would call; however, they felt like the interview went so well that if no other team member objects, they would offer me the position. Within a week I received the request of a background check and the offer.

Mind you, I researched the group beforehand and had questions ready to ask, and asked questions based on what the manager informed me about the position.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?
Why do you want to work for Intel?
What are your career goals within Intel (fellow or manager route)?
What is your biggest strength and weakness?
  Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview and was later called for an onsite interview. There were multiple positions available in various aspects of ASIC design, from RTL design, DFT, Physical Design etc.

They were testing my basics in each round. Basic questions on setup, hold time and special scenarios were given on the board and i was asked to solve them. What happens if nmos and pmos are inverted in an inverter. Basics on scan chains and Boundary Scan design (as it was on my course). Questions on synthesis, basic constraints in DC, like set_input_delay, set_output_delay, set_max_fanout, set_clock_latency.

FSM design and clock frequency divider ckts, by2 and by3. Later they asked 50% duty cycle in freq divided by 3 ckt. Asked me to code an up-down counter in verilog on white board. Asked about parameters and their usage in verilog. Asked some questions on synchronizing data signals between different clock domains.

Physical design round went a little unexpected. I was asked about what the properties of different metal layers might be. Which has higher cap and which has higher resistance. Other basic questions like clock skew and what is done to reduce clock skew. And some questions on various low power designs: power gating, clk gating, using low Vdd etc.

Interview Question – I felt the most difficult question was about different metal layers and their properties   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – phone then two stage interview

Interview Question – How would you handle a prima donna senior engineer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation was too low.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Senior Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – Full Day interview from 8.30 to 4.30 pm followed by a 40 minute presentation

Interview Question – Random Chemistry questions and general lifestyle habits etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was given an initial phone call regarding my preferences for the length of a possible internship and setting up a time to have an over-the-phone technical interview. The technical interview lasted almost an hour and consisted of 4 questions. Before I was given then questions, I was asked about the extend of my programming experience.

Interview Question – You are given consecutive vertices of a polygon. No two edges of the polygon intersect, thus the polygon can't be "inside-out". You are given an arbitrary point in the plane of the polygon. Describe an algorithm to test whether the point is in the interior or exterior of the polygon.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by Intel after signing up for a career conference. At the career fair, Intel conducted two back to back hour long interviews by members of their Operational Finance team. Both interviews were one on one. Each interview was the same in that there were a mix of behavioral questions (pretty standard questions with a general theme of being able to influence a decision in an organization) and a mix of hypothetical manufacturing finance questions.

I was invited to Hillsboro, Oregon for the second and final round of interviews. In Oregon I went through two additional one hour interviews. The first interview was more of a consulting style "case" interview; however, at the time I had no idea what a case interview was and still managed to get my way through it. The second interview was yet another behavioral interview. The second round interviews were surprisingly similar to the first round in both difficulty and content.

Intel invites you out for the weekend to get acclimated to the Oregon area and to attend a couple of networking events. There's a certain culture that exists in Oregon and a lot of the employees seem to be originally from that area.

Interview Question – The selling price of CPUs is going down and the cost of producing CPUs is going up. What would you look at to respond to this situation?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received an offer at about $101k/yr. My attempt to negotiate didn't go anywhere. Ultimately I decided to decline the offer as the culture of the organization seems to be dominated by engineers, and I feared that as a finance guy, I'd be somewhat of a second-class citizen. I do believe that it's a strong organization and they treat their people well, but ultimately it wasn't for me.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very comfortable and friendly interview atmosphere. I created a profile with an Intel recruiter at an on-campus career fair and within two weeks I had a phone interview scheduled with a hiring manager. The phone interview went well and I was invited to their campus in Hillsboro for the standard full-day interview. Met with about 10 different interviewers in a 1-on-1 setting and gave a 1-hour technical talk. Many of the interviewers asked me to summarize my talk during the 1-on-1's. Standard interview questions, mostly, but a couple interesting technical questions about my research. At the end of the day I met with the hiring manager who informed me that the job was mine if I wanted it and they would be sending an official offer letter.

Interview Question – Out of all the people in your research group, rate yourself in terms of intelligence percentile.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a very difficult decision but in the end I declined and joined a small early-stage startup in the city where I went to grad school (and where my wife already had a good job). I thought that the startup offered an opportunity too good to pass up. I have a lot of respect for Intel and would have accepted their offer if I hadn't had a competing offer.

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with one person and then the manager of the group. It took couple of weeks. It was quite positive and questions were as expected.

Interview Question – What is the upcoming problem in hardware industry?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation