Intel Corporation

3.1

326 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Got email from their recruiting staff sent to our university. Direct contact with their research group member. They look for a match by your resume and ask questions if they are interested in your previous experience. I think they are more concerned about your body of knowledge so that you can do best there.

This is taken care by Intel HR team.

Custom Layout Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Phone interview about basic knowledge of custom layout and verification (DRC, CVS). Programming skills are also interviewed: data structure, basic programming knowledge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

It was a phone interview. I was referred by a friend working currently at Intel to an Engineer in another group. The day after, I got an email indicating to call him to his number the following day. I thought it is going to be a friendly introductory chat, but it turned out an hour formal phone screening interview! The position he interviewed me for was an immediate hiring, and since I couldn't finish my PhD (in Mechanic) in a month, this interview didn't worked for me.

Interview Questions
    • Two cups, isolated to the surrounding. There are small piece of ice and some hot water in identical amount for each cup. In one test, ice goes first and then hot water. In other hot water goes first and then ice. In which test, ice melts sooner.   View Answers (2)

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

After giving my resume to an on-campus rep. I received a phone interview that was mostly discussing my past experience. Then I was asked about my experiences with fixing instrumentation, how I felt about hands off mentoring, and how I felt about being on-call.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Seemed very similar to what others on this site have said.   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

The interview process takes place through a phone call most of the time and it lasts for 20 min to 30 min

Interview Questions
    • Explain MESI protocol
      Cache design,Memory and Pipelining
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Got phone interview one week ahead of the onsite. Interviewed by 4 area managers and 2 process engineers. Gave a 45-min presentation on my thesis. Havent heard anything back for almost 3 weeks. Most questions asked were behavioral questions and some questions on my research.

PTD Module and Integration Device Yield Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Recruiters visited campus, and I met with them for an informal interview.
    Phone interview the following week lasted about 20 min and covered my research and my resume. Very informal and pleasant. Was invited to an on-site interview.
    Onsite interview started at 8:00 AM and lasted until 6:00 PM and was composed of a formal 45 min presentation of my research followed by a series of one on one interviews. All interviews were pleasant and conversational with targeted questions related to my PhD research and previous experience.
    Mostly technical questions and questions I had about the culture of Intel in general.
    Was given an interesting window tour of the Fab.
    At the end of the interview I was offered a position, which I accepted.

Be prepared for a long interview. Pace yourself and take breaks if needed to reset and re-hydrate as you may be talking quite a bit.
    Make sure you have a few good questions, and ask them!

Interview Questions
    • A question related to a technique I presented as part of my research, but of which was enough removed that I could dig myself a hole if I was not careful.   View Answer
    • How would you explain your research to your grandmother?
      This was not really an unexpected or difficult question, but it stood out as being a fun question, and lucky I like explaining things to my grandmother! =)
        Answer Question
    Fair salary for an shiny new PhD.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

I was referred to Intel after passing my resume to a former member of my research group who go it in the hands of his hiring manager. I got a call about 3 days later and had a 30 minute phone interview. It primarily focused on my PhD research and comfort working under the conditions at Intel for this position (i.e. on-call & managerial structure). The next day I was called back and invited for an on-site interview which is scheduled for the coming weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the phone portion of the interview   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Brief phone interview, two back to back on-site interviews.

Interview Questions
    I didn't choose to negotiate, but I could have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

After the phone screen, I had an on-site interview. I had six one-on-one interviews, a lunch interview, and a thesis presentation.
    The interviews lasted all day, and it was very tiring. The interviewers asked the same questions repeatedly, and I got tired of giving the same answers.
    The thesis presentation was a waste of time, in my opinion. None of the interviewers were familiar with my thesis topic, and they were unable to understand the significance of my thesis' contributions. The questions that they asked were either extremely basic or off-topic.
    I wasn't offered a job; I'm not really sure what they're looking for. The work environment seemed to be very stressful. Several of the interviewers said that they didn't like working for Intel due to the stressful environment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a math question. It was unrelated to the job.   Answer Question