Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Sep 3, 2015

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Started in the morning at 9:15 am and lasted till 4.00 pm. Included an one hour long presentation of my work during graduate school. This is when I have been asked most of the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly what problems I faced during my graduate research projects.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone call for some general question. On site interview with 4 different people. First person try to make a comfortable interview atmosphere in a small meeting area. Second and third person interview me in a some room with some technique questions. Last one had a lunch interview.

FI Discipline Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

All day interview, mostly behavioral questions and few technical questions. Went to lunch with the engineering manager. The interview was intense but cool. The interview lasted for an hour with each interviewer. Asked questions and each of them were friendly and explained the role, the work structure. the engineering manager took round the fab and he explained the team role in intel. It's a worthwhile experience.

Interview Questions

• problem solving question and how to handle conflicts, what I did in my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

It was started with a phone interview with the group head for around one hour, and I got an invitation of the on site interview. The company arranged the travel efficiently. In on site interview, I gave a presentation about the work experiences that fit with the job description. I had 30 minutes to 1 hour to talk to almost every members in the group. We had discussion with the technical issues or the work that they were working on. In the very end of the interview, the group head have a discussion with me and wrapped up the interview. Around three days later, I got an email from the group head for extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most are technical questions related to the job content, and some causal talks.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Difficult.. Had a lot of unexpected questions, there's not much else to say. They do try to filter out people that don't know what they're doing. Great office and great atmosphere. They recruit quite aggressively.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a hiring manager reaching out to me to coordinate a phone interview, the actual phone interview/screening that lasted for about 30 minutes, and the on-site interview. This hiring manager was not the actual hiring manager for the position I interviewed for when I was brought in for the on-site interview. The entire face-to-face interview was for 3-1/2 hours where I spoke with 5 Intel employees that included the actual hiring manager, hardware and software engineers, and a management staff member.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fair and based on my experience and what they look for in candidates. Since I was fairly well-prepared for both the phone and on-site interviews, I answered all the questions with confidence. As (I) expected for engineering interviews, some of the questions involved (a) processes in test and manufacturing environments, (b) test methods, (c) electrical diagrams, and (d) situational and behavioral questions.   2 Answers

RET Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The whole interview process takes ~ 7 hours, from 9:30am to 4:30pm. The interviewee has to give a 45min presentation and be interviewed by 5 group leaders or senior engineers, 45min for each.

RET Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Engineer from Intel's Lithography group gave a presentation at the school, and selected 10 students for an interview the next day. It was a 40 min interview with a mix of both technical and behavioral questions. One behavioral question was "Can you handle stress? Give an example." Few were selected for an onsite interview at Portland. The onsite interview lasted whole day - 9 in morning to 4 in evening. The day started with the manager of Lithography group giving a short tour of Intel and describing the hiring process. Then, I gave a one hour presentation based on my PhD research. Lots of questions were asked by the audience during the time. Following that, I had 40 min one-on-one interviews with 5 managers in the Lithography group. All managers picked up on my research fairly quickly and asked probing questions testing the depth of my knowledge. I faced only one behavioral question - how do you handle conflict? The lunch was with two new-hires in the lithography group. The purpose was to get a perspective from recent joinees.

Interview Questions

• - Most questions were technical in nature, and were based on my PhD research - Can you handle stress? Give example - How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, also got in contact with a team member through LinkedIn. The person read my background and thought I might be a good match for the team. About a week later, he spoke to the hiring manager and conducted a phone screen for about an hour. After 2 weeks, heard back and went to their site for an in-person interview. It was long interview with 8 different team members and received an offer a few days later

Interview Questions

• related to computer security. Can't get into details   1 Answer

D1C Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Pretty easy process. Met with the recruiter at college career fair, got invited for in-person interview the same day and had the interview following day. The recruiter called in 3-days time to offer me to fly out to Oregon for the field interview. On-site interview was pretty much behavioral; all the interviewers just explained about what each department did and how I would fit in. Had 6 interviews with managers and an hour presentation about my Master's Thesis work. Got an offer in exactly 4 weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Everyone will ask 1. How do you troubleshoot machines 2. How do you deal with a difficult member in a group Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question