Intel Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Very good hiring process. After 2 phone call interviews, they send you to Portland on Thursday, have 3 face-to-face interviews on Friday, take you out to lunch, and you get an answer on Monday.

Interview Question – I have two projects: X and Y. X has a higher NPV than Y, but lower ROI than Y. Which project should I pick?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I was told that they don't negotiate, but this could just be me or finance.

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by recruiter. Had two rounds of phone interviews and one round of in-person interviews. Had to prepare a job talk that lasted about 1 hour with a panel of over 10 people. Had 6 individual interviews after the job talk and dinner afterwards with immediate team members. Offer was made about 2 weeks after job talk.

Interview Question – I was asked to detail my research design approach, methods and to talk about at least 2 projects. Team mostly tried to find out information about my past and about my personality.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Intern Interview

Graduate Research Intern
Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Got email from their recruiting staff sent to our university. Direct contact with their research group member. They look for a match by your resume and ask questions if they are interested in your previous experience. I think they are more concerned about your body of knowledge so that you can do best there.

Negotiation Details – This is taken care by Intel HR team.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviews began with 2 phone conversations with two difference senior finance managers, and transitioned to an all day interview with 4 or 5 different finance managers - ranging from manager to controller.

Interview Question – How do we track our Fab assets around the world?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview, two back to back on-site interviews.

Interview Question – Explain jquery.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't choose to negotiate, but I could have.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Hired after 45 minute phone interview only. Met my manager after orientation (about a half day thing)

Interview Question – No trick questions, we just talked about my experience with the technologies the team was currently using and how my skill set could help the team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a salary range, they gave me 3 cents per hour under my low..

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 30 minute phone interview for process engineer/Tool owner. YOu have to be available 24/7 for this position. Very in depth with behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Question – Questions about tools and how to work   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with manager and then a group interview with peers.

Interview Question – Several behavior based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - internal transfer.

Senior Electronics Technician Interview

Senior Electronics Technician
Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2012.

Interview Details – Went through phone interviews with 6 departments for over a year. I had 2 phone interviews and one interview in person with the department I ended up with.

Interview Question – How much software coding experience do you have for a hardware job.   Answer Question

PTD Module and Integration Device Yield Engineer Interview

PTD Module and Integration Device Yield Engineer
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiters visited campus, and I met with them for an informal interview.
Phone interview the following week lasted about 20 min and covered my research and my resume. Very informal and pleasant. Was invited to an on-site interview.
Onsite interview started at 8:00 AM and lasted until 6:00 PM and was composed of a formal 45 min presentation of my research followed by a series of one on one interviews. All interviews were pleasant and conversational with targeted questions related to my PhD research and previous experience.
Mostly technical questions and questions I had about the culture of Intel in general.
Was given an interesting window tour of the Fab.
At the end of the interview I was offered a position, which I accepted.

Be prepared for a long interview. Pace yourself and take breaks if needed to reset and re-hydrate as you may be talking quite a bit.
Make sure you have a few good questions, and ask them!

Interview Questions

• A question related to a technique I presented as part of my research, but of which was enough removed that I could dig myself a hole if I was not careful.   View Answer
  • How would you explain your research to your grandmother?
    This was not really an unexpected or difficult question, but it stood out as being a fun question, and lucky I like explaining things to my grandmother! =)
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair salary for an shiny new PhD.