Intel Corporation

3.1

328 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

After the phone screen, I had an on-site interview. I had six one-on-one interviews, a lunch interview, and a thesis presentation.
    The interviews lasted all day, and it was very tiring. The interviewers asked the same questions repeatedly, and I got tired of giving the same answers.
    The thesis presentation was a waste of time, in my opinion. None of the interviewers were familiar with my thesis topic, and they were unable to understand the significance of my thesis' contributions. The questions that they asked were either extremely basic or off-topic.
    I wasn't offered a job; I'm not really sure what they're looking for. The work environment seemed to be very stressful. Several of the interviewers said that they didn't like working for Intel due to the stressful environment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a math question. It was unrelated to the job.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Discussion of prior experience and plans around what I'd do in this job. Easy and fun conversation with a group; felt casual and comfortable.

None

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I got call from Hiring Manager for interview , there were total of 4 interviews all telephonic by different people from different location.
    first interview was behavioral by hiring manager , most of the questions were about my previous experience , mostly on the work i done and projects i worked on , then some related to my academic project and research work, no specific question but general descriptive, and then at the end why this company related few question.
    second was with 3 senior members , i think 2 were senior engineer and one interviewer was of director level , mostly grilled on my projects and then specific questions on C++ and OpenGL programming and then what projects i would be interested in company if i given choice ,this was important i believe.
    3rd interview was taken by junior engineer and lead , question were related to vector calculations , graphics and basic C++ programming questions.
    final interview was again related to vectors and then some tricky questions on my previous work projects that how did i do (e.g. how did you actually improved performance for games - driver tweaks etc)
    and then i was offered intern position for 6 months.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions but expect grilling on previous work projects and academic project or research work you are doing at University   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I had a phone interview and was later called for an onsite interview. There were multiple positions available in various aspects of ASIC design, from RTL design, DFT, Physical Design etc.

They were testing my basics in each round. Basic questions on setup, hold time and special scenarios were given on the board and i was asked to solve them. What happens if nmos and pmos are inverted in an inverter. Basics on scan chains and Boundary Scan design (as it was on my course). Questions on synthesis, basic constraints in DC, like set_input_delay, set_output_delay, set_max_fanout, set_clock_latency.

FSM design and clock frequency divider ckts, by2 and by3. Later they asked 50% duty cycle in freq divided by 3 ckt. Asked me to code an up-down counter in verilog on white board. Asked about parameters and their usage in verilog. Asked some questions on synchronizing data signals between different clock domains.

Physical design round went a little unexpected. I was asked about what the properties of different metal layers might be. Which has higher cap and which has higher resistance. Other basic questions like clock skew and what is done to reduce clock skew. And some questions on various low power designs: power gating, clk gating, using low Vdd etc.

Interview Questions
    • I felt the most difficult question was about different metal layers and their properties   View Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Applied online for a process engineer position in Oct and I was contacted in Jan for a phone interview.

Phone interview was 30 mins with half of it being the hiring manager explaining the organization and the position and the 2nd half of it being related to my PhD work. Nothing unexpected. Mostly soft techanical questions, no behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to an on-site interview.

On-Site was from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm with 3 panel interviews (1 behavior, 1 technical and 1 with higher up manager), 1 hour for lunch with current engineers and 1 hour campus tour. The panel interviews were with 2 engineers each. The behavioral interview was pretty straight forward with alot of question similar to those posted on Glassdoor. Techanical was pretty straightforward, I brought handouts with my PhD work and explained it and had to explain some situations where I had to do X or Y.

Final interview with the area manager was pretty straightforward, alot of similar questions to the ones asked earlier. Campus tour was nice.

Overall the on-site interview was very straightforward and casual as it could be.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. What would you do if your knew your boss was doing something wrong (technically) at work?   Answer Question
    I heard back from the hiring manager about a week later and was offered a position. The package was really good and competitive for a RCG PhD student. I didn't really negotiate my base salary but I was able to have a flexible start date (since I'm still trying to wrap everything up with my PhD work) and get particular vacation days for pre-existing stuff.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

The hiring manager received my resume from Intel's application database. I received a request for a phone interview date and time via email. The phone interview consisted of them explaining the position, asking me behavioral questions, asking me about my resume, then finally, asking about any questions I may have.

At the end of the interview, they said they will hand my interview to their team and if anyone had any questions, they would call; however, they felt like the interview went so well that if no other team member objects, they would offer me the position. Within a week I received the request of a background check and the offer.

Mind you, I researched the group beforehand and had questions ready to ask, and asked questions based on what the manager informed me about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work for Intel?
      What are your career goals within Intel (fellow or manager route)?
      What is your biggest strength and weakness?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

I was given an initial phone call regarding my preferences for the length of a possible internship and setting up a time to have an over-the-phone technical interview. The technical interview lasted almost an hour and consisted of 4 questions. Before I was given then questions, I was asked about the extend of my programming experience.

Interview Questions
    • You are given consecutive vertices of a polygon. No two edges of the polygon intersect, thus the polygon can't be "inside-out". You are given an arbitrary point in the plane of the polygon. Describe an algorithm to test whether the point is in the interior or exterior of the polygon.   Answer Question

Module and Integration Yield Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

I applied through a campus recruiter, and a few weeks later I received a phone interview and was subsequently asked if I was interested in an on site interview.

At the on site interview, I spoke individually to four different managers and gave a one hour research talk. The interview was informal and consisted mostly of me asking the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the semiconductor industry?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Applied on-line and was shortlisted for on-site interview after about 4 months of application. There was no phone interview, just some questionnaire, which I believe took the place of the phone interview, as they were somewhat not that easy really. Only good thing was that they paid for all expenses-flight,hotels.

Interview Questions
    • Just know well your past job experiences on your resume. Highly technical questions, but not uncommon questions. Your ability to answer the questions depend more on how well you got yourself prepared, which is vital.   Answer Question

Debug Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

interview was setup via phone. Normal Conversation and questions about how you debug my projects. Asked some questions related to post silicon and analytically questions. I got Fadv from the Staffing department. Later HR called to ask whether i accept the offer letter.