Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Jul 30, 2015

3.1

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

They had an aggressive interview schedule for me. I met with 16 people in 24 hours spanning many time zones. That was tough since you get fatigued after a while. It was between me and and internal candidate and the internal person got the job. The manager was kind enough to call and let me know she was circulating my name around in case other teams were hiring.

Advanced Analytics Development and Deployment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

I got an email long back from the hiring manager about a prospective internship which I declined that time because I already got an offer from other group. However, I kept the mail and followed up recently for a full-time opening with the hiring manager in May 2014 and he said that he actually has an opening now. He asked me to formally apply online for a given job number. In June 2014 I got another email for phone interview which was scheduled in mid July 2014, it lasted for an hour and covered stuff regarding my thesis and prior two internships at Intel. The interviewer was the hiring manager himself and he invited me for an all paid onsite interview in the following week. Day of the interview: starting 8 AM in the morning, I had to give a presentation on my thesis topic that lasted for an hour. After that there were 6 one on one interviews each one lasting about an hour (except the 1.5 hrs of lunch time during which I was taken out for a group lunch at a restaurant along with 3 members of the group). The interviewers tested behavioral and technical skills. All the interviews were conducted in the cafe. Pretty informal type. They wanted to see how I think, my problem solving skills, my soft skills etc. There were questions on my published papers (one of the interviewers came with my paper in her hand and asked questions from there) and on my thoughts about dealing with the datasets they have in hand. All the interviewers were very nice and friendly. I got a very positive vibe of the group (consisting of 7-8 members). They mentioned that there will be another person joining the group in August 2014 and if I am hired, I will be their newest member. There were 2 other members who joined last year or the year before, who were about the same age group as I am. All in all, it was a good experience. The day ended at 4 PM with the last interview with hiring manager. Within 1 week I got an offer from Intel HR.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any. Technical questions depends on how well you know your work and basics. All the behavioral questions can be answered if you have worked at a company at some point in your career. I kinda enjoyed the interviews ,I would say.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Proposed a higher base salary but the HR got back to me saying that they have some constraint and can not increase it. However, they offered me an one time hiring bonus which was good enough.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I was interviewed through phone for Product Development Engineer Intern position. The main idea of the interview was mainly regarding technical questions in computer architecture and programming topics and see if I was able to work and communicate it through. Make sure to review your truth table, logic gates, and programming concepts that you have lost touched on for any software engineering positions. Unfortunately, few weeks later, the group lost their funding so they couldn't hire interns. Overall, it was a great experience and I enjoyed the interview with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Simplify (~a)b+abc+b(~c)? Clear register bits using OR/XOR. Programming in C questions.   1 Answer

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Aloha, OR).

Interview

Panel of Technical Questions, Managers, and Senior Technical staff. Group System Walks with shift leads of all shift techs. HR Behavioral questions, this was the stuff that was unexpected due to odd questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a problem, and how you solved it using a calculation, and step by step process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Turned down first offer and interviewed with a night shift manager and took a UPW position.

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Phone interview. it takes about 45 min. Asked related to the computer architecture basics to deep. it is difficult but got the job offer. Asked on c language questions and the interviewer is cool and we had a good chat in the phone,

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Two phone screenings followed by onsite interview (two interviews, four in total). The first interview was very simple and straight forward, nothing complex, mostly behavioral and background overview. The second interview was with two senior managers who asked basic background questions and what my hobbies were. The first onsite interview was with the same two senior managers who just wanted to answer any questions I had about the position. The second onsite interview had more behavior questions and two process flow questions.

Interview Questions

• There was a process flow question where they wanted me to identify bottle necks and production rates...nothing too complicated if you understand flow rates. There were some other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ultimately, when they said they wouldn't negotiate, they still negotiated. Final offer was rejected after I accepted the position due to "human error."

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiter. 1st round on campus and 2nd round onsite. straight forward typical PhD interview. whole day interview with a couple dozen people. multiple groups and a presentation about PhD research .

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Panel Interview

Interview Questions

• Safety question concerning reporting another employee who has personal problems at home   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

After two weeks I submitted resume to the system, someone called me. He asked simple behavioral questions. For example, he asked me "why do you want to work at Intel?", "What was the most difficult thing in your PhD program", and "How do you solve problems when you are conflicting with your colleagues. Then he asked technical questions. For example, "what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?"

Interview Questions

• what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

I had mailed my resume to someone I knew at Intel. I got an email from a hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview, I got an invite for onsite interview. The onsite interview was from 8am to 5pm, including my presentation, lunch and 8 1-1 interviews. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were on my research and CMOS devices/circuits.   Answer Question