Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon

3.1

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Applied online for a process engineer position in Oct and I was contacted in Jan for a phone interview.

Phone interview was 30 mins with half of it being the hiring manager explaining the organization and the position and the 2nd half of it being related to my PhD work. Nothing unexpected. Mostly soft techanical questions, no behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to an on-site interview.

On-Site was from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm with 3 panel interviews (1 behavior, 1 technical and 1 with higher up manager), 1 hour for lunch with current engineers and 1 hour campus tour. The panel interviews were with 2 engineers each. The behavioral interview was pretty straight forward with alot of question similar to those posted on Glassdoor. Techanical was pretty straightforward, I brought handouts with my PhD work and explained it and had to explain some situations where I had to do X or Y.

Final interview with the area manager was pretty straightforward, alot of similar questions to the ones asked earlier. Campus tour was nice.

Overall the on-site interview was very straightforward and casual as it could be.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. What would you do if your knew your boss was doing something wrong (technically) at work?   Answer Question
    I heard back from the hiring manager about a week later and was offered a position. The package was really good and competitive for a RCG PhD student. I didn't really negotiate my base salary but I was able to have a flexible start date (since I'm still trying to wrap everything up with my PhD work) and get particular vacation days for pre-existing stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

The hiring manager received my resume from Intel's application database. I received a request for a phone interview date and time via email. The phone interview consisted of them explaining the position, asking me behavioral questions, asking me about my resume, then finally, asking about any questions I may have.

At the end of the interview, they said they will hand my interview to their team and if anyone had any questions, they would call; however, they felt like the interview went so well that if no other team member objects, they would offer me the position. Within a week I received the request of a background check and the offer.

Mind you, I researched the group beforehand and had questions ready to ask, and asked questions based on what the manager informed me about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work for Intel?
      What are your career goals within Intel (fellow or manager route)?
      What is your biggest strength and weakness?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

I was given an initial phone call regarding my preferences for the length of a possible internship and setting up a time to have an over-the-phone technical interview. The technical interview lasted almost an hour and consisted of 4 questions. Before I was given then questions, I was asked about the extend of my programming experience.

Interview Questions
    • You are given consecutive vertices of a polygon. No two edges of the polygon intersect, thus the polygon can't be "inside-out". You are given an arbitrary point in the plane of the polygon. Describe an algorithm to test whether the point is in the interior or exterior of the polygon.   View Answer

Module and Integration Yield Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2014.

I applied through a campus recruiter, and a few weeks later I received a phone interview and was subsequently asked if I was interested in an on site interview.

At the on site interview, I spoke individually to four different managers and gave a one hour research talk. The interview was informal and consisted mostly of me asking the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the semiconductor industry?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Applied on-line and was shortlisted for on-site interview after about 4 months of application. There was no phone interview, just some questionnaire, which I believe took the place of the phone interview, as they were somewhat not that easy really. Only good thing was that they paid for all expenses-flight,hotels.

Interview Questions
    • Just know well your past job experiences on your resume. Highly technical questions, but not uncommon questions. Your ability to answer the questions depend more on how well you got yourself prepared, which is vital.   Answer Question

Debug Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

interview was setup via phone. Normal Conversation and questions about how you debug my projects. Asked some questions related to post silicon and analytically questions. I got Fadv from the Staffing department. Later HR called to ask whether i accept the offer letter.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

It was a 30 minute phone interview for process engineer/Tool owner. YOu have to be available 24/7 for this position. Very in depth with behavioral and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Two interviews during the whole process. First was at the SWE FY13 conference. One-on-one with the interviewer. Asked behavioral questions and for details about resume. Couple weeks later, group phone interview with co-workers of person I first interviewed with. Asked a series of behavioral-technical questions (what would you do when in ___ situation).

Interview Questions
    • Straightforward behavioral questions. Very similar to other questions posted on this site.   Answer Question
    Accepted the offer- salary generous.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I applied online and after 4 months I had a phone call. I was not able to attend the phone call so I returned it and found somebody from Intel. He started asking about my professional experiences based on my submitted resume. By the end of almost 20 mins conversation he told me that he want to schedule an onsite interview with Operations Manager, Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Managers. All interviews were about 40 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Interview with Operations Managers:
      1- How will you handle conflict situations? Tell us about any example from your previous experiences.
      2- How much you will you trust upon your technicians?
      3- Challenging situations? Describe with real life examples.
      Interview with Manufacturing Engineers.
      1- They were having a sheet on which they ask what would happen if there are different situations, probably they checked the approach to analyze any problem.
      2- Passion ?
      3- Use of excel, collection of data etc etc.

Interview with Manufacturing Manager:
      1- What are your strengths?
      Ans: When I told him strengths, he replied that they are very general, tell something different.
      2- Why do you want to join Intel?
      Ans: When I explained him different things, he replied that you can try to get these thing in your current job.
      3- The manufacturing manager attitude was very awkward and gave me a sense that he does not believe whatever was on resume.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2013.

It is an interview over phone call. Firstly, the interviewer introduced their teams and respect works. It is a team working on super computers. As a software team, they are doing testing in this new super computer. It works on a different OS other than Linux and Windows. Then after introduction, they ask me about my related experience in these fields.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed experience in testing building new OS for a new OS.   Answer Question