Intel Corporation PTD Engineer Interview Questions

PTD Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I applied online for multiple positions. One day a hiring manager called me and we agreed on a phone interview for a later date. The next day when we had the phone interview, he had many questions about my PhD research, major outcomes, hands-on experience. Next day the interviewer called me, and invited me for onsite interview. I had couple of weeks to prepare for the onsite interview. I arrived in Hillsboro the day before the interview. On the day of interview, one of the interviewer met me in the lobby, introduced me my schedule, went over the job in general. This was followed by my technical presentation to a group of two who also took me out for lunch. These two guys are relatively young. This then followed with interviews with group leaders and area manager. All the interviews spend an appropriate time discussing the oncall situation. They were very friendly, and answered any questions that you might have.they rarely asked me any behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

PTD Engineer Interview

Interview

I was initially contacted via email for a campus interview for a PTD Engineer position. The job responsibilities included operation of fabrication devices in a cleanroom environment, which necessitated being "on call" at essentially all times. The interview process took approximately 30 minutes and consisted primarily of questions about my specific background and skillset as they apply to the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to devote 2 years of your life to operating one machine?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume to a hiring manager who sent email to the department. Got a phone interview request through email in a month or so. Scheduled for a phone interview and got an invite for on-site interview in two weeks. The on-site interview was a full day with one-on-one interviews with an 1-hr seminar about my research in graduate school.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

I had 12 interviews in one day, both with managers and engineers. We discussed my work as a graduate student, the organization of the company, details about the job and what were my expectations. I gave a 1h seminar on my research. The overall experience was very nice.

Interview Questions

I was looking for a research oriented position instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2012.

Interview

It started by applying online, followed by a phone interview with an engineer in the group that contacted me, followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager in the same group. An on site interview was then scheduled after what I presume was a successful phone interview. Intel flew me to Portland, rented me a car, and provided me with a hotel room near the Hillsboro location. The interview lasted 9 hours, during which I gave a presentation of my dissertation and talked one on one with 7 different engineers in the group for 40 minutes, which ended up mostly being another quick presentation/discussion of my dissertation. The interview was very technical, everyone I talked with had a PhD and asked numerous questions. At the end of the day I was offered the position and given 2 weeks to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I would be a good prosecutor and why (in relation to the job).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate a higher starting salary, but was told it just wasn't done with straight out of grad school PhDs.