Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation PTD Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

PTD Engineer Interview

I was initially contacted via email for a campus interview for a PTD Engineer position. The job responsibilities included operation of fabrication devices in a cleanroom environment, which necessitated being "on call" at essentially all times. The interview process took approximately 30 minutes and consisted primarily of questions about my specific background and skillset as they apply to the job.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to devote 2 years of your life to operating one machine?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Submitted resume to a hiring manager who sent email to the department. Got a phone interview request through email in a month or so. Scheduled for a phone interview and got an invite for on-site interview in two weeks. The on-site interview was a full day with one-on-one interviews with an 1-hr seminar about my research in graduate school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2013.

I had 12 interviews in one day, both with managers and engineers. We discussed my work as a graduate student, the organization of the company, details about the job and what were my expectations. I gave a 1h seminar on my research. The overall experience was very nice.

Interview Questions

I was looking for a research oriented position instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

It started by applying online, followed by a phone interview with an engineer in the group that contacted me, followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager in the same group. An on site interview was then scheduled after what I presume was a successful phone interview.

Intel flew me to Portland, rented me a car, and provided me with a hotel room near the Hillsboro location. The interview lasted 9 hours, during which I gave a presentation of my dissertation and talked one on one with 7 different engineers in the group for 40 minutes, which ended up mostly being another quick presentation/discussion of my dissertation. The interview was very technical, everyone I talked with had a PhD and asked numerous questions. At the end of the day I was offered the position and given 2 weeks to make a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would be a good prosecutor and why (in relation to the job).   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate a higher starting salary, but was told it just wasn't done with straight out of grad school PhDs.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!