Intel Corporation

3.3

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Dielectric Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Initially there was a phone interview with basic statistic questions:mean, normal distribution, standard deviation. After that interview I went to Phoenix for a face-to-face interview. Was required to do a presentation on PhD project the day before the interview. During the RUSH event they gave an interview of the company and some of the benefits. There were two-one hour interviews with two people in each of the interview rooms.

Interview Questions
    • Vacancy in crystal structure, dislocation, Arrhenius equation, Fick's law of diffusion, thermoplastic, thermoset, energy bands for metal, semiconductor, insulator.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Applied online; was offered an interview within several days.

Intel offered to have me present my thesis work the day before the interview but I needed to decline.

The interview itself was 1/2 a day, 2 rounds of interviews. Each interview was with 2 Intel employees and consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. Technical questions were not difficult, covered simple semiconductor physics and materials science questions. Behavioral questions were standard and could be looked up online ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question:

When you are working on process control what are the names for the important limits?

Behavioral question:

Describe how you have handled conflict with a peer in the past.

Answer Question

Software Development and Optimization Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Got a call from the hiring manager and scheduled telephonic interview. Got the decision after a week of telephonic interview. Manager seemed to be pretty nice and was able to reschedule on the day of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked questions on Android runtime, software optimization, parallel computing, threading, battery consumption, software debugging, C++ and Java.   Answer Question
    Intel doesn't negotiate for internships. Package offered is based on prior experience.

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was fortunate enough to get an interview in Phoenix, AZ for this position. They had a short phone interview after which they invited me to come on site. Many of my friends interviewed at that location and received a schedule with interview details a week before the interview. Unfortunately I did not get a schedule until the day of my interview so I was going in to the interview blind. I even had to email the hiring manager the night before just to get the building address.

Upon arrival I was told that I was given the wrong building number, luckily I came early and was not late, since the correct building was only a block away. There were four other candidates for the position. We were all given an introduction to the job at the same time, after which we had four private interviews. Everyone was very nice, knowledgeable and laid back. We had a very good conversation with a few behavioral questions in between. The questions they asked were very similar to the ones posted on this website. The only question that was not on the list was "why is your GPA not so great? Why not 4.0?". My GPA is in the 3.6-3.8 range so it is not too horrible. I replied that I had to balance my classes with research which resulted in a couple of B's, however, classes that were applicable to my field of study are all A's. In addition, my research resulted in a number of publications with novel concepts, so at times I had to sacrifice some study time to advance my projects. The interviewer seemed to take this response positively, noting that the job will require balancing multiple important projects at the same time and often requires compromise.

After the interview, I sent a thank you letter as is customary. Since they did not tell me how long it will take for them to get back to me with an answer I waited for two weeks before contacting them again. I did not hear back from them since the interview three months ago. The hiring manager didn't reply to any of my inquiries so I am assuming I didn't get the job.

Note that this experience only reflects on the management style of one group. Many of my friends heard back within two weeks of their interviews whether they got it or not. Most groups will let you know, this was my unique experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Had applied through job fair.Got a call from manager. Had an HR round. Then was called onsite for interview to Arizona. Four rounds. One HR and 3 technical. Asked a lot about C# and ASP.net. A little database concepts too like normalization...etc Also had kind of a lunch interview at The Cheesecake factory..

Interview Questions
    • Their manager from Oregon asked me to justify my GPA which was 3.5..asked why 0.5 was missing..   View Answer

Senior Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

First I got an email to schedule a phone interview. Then I had a phone interview. The person who interviewed me was nice. Then I got an email for an onsite interview. They really took care of me very well while I was in Phoenix, AZ for the onsite interview. The interview was all day long and did not seems very stressful to me. There were quite a few one-on-one interviews. But in the end, it was all good.

I had other options

Analog Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Had a phone interview based on my online resume submission at intel's job site. It was mostly on projects and exposure to various EDA tools learnt during undergrad and grad studies.

On site interview pending

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

Contacted by the group Manager by email. Was asked if I was available for a phone screen and given some days/dates as time slots to choose from. I replied back with my availability. Never received a call even after emailing to confirm.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

3 interviews back-to-back, each about hour long. One General/Technical interview by manager, followed by technical interview and then HR.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Had a pre screeing interview for 30 minutes ,which invloved some behavioural questiona and technical question.