Intel Corporation

2.9

135 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2012.

I met an intel rep at a campus event where I spoke with him and dropped off my resume. A week later, I received a phone call from a manager in the fab about an open group leader position that matched my credentials. He explained briefly the open position and asked me if I was interested. When I said I was, he asked me if I had time to answer some questions and I spoke to him on the spot for about 30 minutes on some details about my experiences listed on my resume. At the end of that time, he said he'd ask HR to set up an on-site interview.
    I was scheduled the next day and flew out a week later as part of a college group recruitment event. The event consisted of some presentations from HR, two rounds of interviews with different panels of managers (both involved technical and behavioral questions but the technical questions were quite simplistic). and lunch/networking. Intel floated a hotel and rental car for the weekend to give candidates an opportunity to explore the area also.
    Five days after the interview, they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions

Intel fabs are highly uniform so there's not much room to innovate outside of Hillsboro

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Had a pre screeing interview for 30 minutes ,which invloved some behavioural questiona and technical question.

Dry Etch Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

I applied online and got a phone interview for the site in Hillsborough, OR. Then later received an e-mail inviting me to a rush event for their site in Chandler, AZ. for the position. When I got there for the interview I was sitting with about 4 other people. The morning was a overview of the company and the benefits. Then they let in another group of people that interviewed in the morning. Then there was lunch where they broke us into our groups based on the position we were interviewing and had a chance to speak to the people that would interview us. After that it was time for the interview and there was only one other person that would interview in the afternoon group as me. There were 2 (2:1) interviews were they asked behavioral questions and technical questions. They asked about my research, my resume, and my thesis. So be prepared to talk about any of those topics. Sometimes they would ask me to go to the board and explain how a process works. Like how does a RF magnetron sputtering work? So I did that. Then at the end they gave some time for you ask questions. Then they concluded the interviews where they give you a parting gift and escorted out. It will take about two weeks according to them.

Interview Questions
    • What is activation energy? What is the equation for activation energy?
      Draw a sketch of a fourier transform and its amplitude? What is the equation that relates frequency and the time domain ? Describe a time when had a challenge and how you overcame that challenge? What is the definition of a team? Describe your experience with a team? Describe an experience where you were in a bad team? Describe a time when you listen and that suggestion worked? Where it did not work?
      What's the difference between CVD and PVD? How does a RF magnetron sputtering work?

View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was contacted by Intel's HR for an initial phone screen. The initial phone screen was with 2 engineers who were on the team for which I would be interviewing. The questions were technical in nature, but nothing too heavy. I was contacted shortly thereafter requesting that I come out for an on-site interview. Just before I left, I was also contacted by another manager for a second set of interviews while I was going to be on site. The day of my interviews, I went through a series of 1 hour interviews with engineers and managers over the course of a day. Overall, everyone seem prepared and organized for the interview. Some were harder to read than others, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there was a difficult or unexpected question. All the interviews were very technical in nature and I was able to answer all of them (correctly I believe).   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Back to back interviews. 1 purely behavioral; 1 based on a case study surrounding a case study.

Interview Questions
    • I had 12 minutes to calculate NPVs and recommend an investment strategy.   View Answer
    Waiting to hear back

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

I was called for a phone interview a few days after a campus job fair. Had a 45 minute phone interview of about half and half behavioral and technical questions, and was contacted a few days later by HR with an invitation to come for an on-site interview. After flying in, I had dinner with a few Intel engineers and some other candidates for other positions. The next morning they had me give a talk about my research, followed by two hour-long interviews with two other people each. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. After that, got the schpiel from HR about how awesome it was to work at Intel and then went on my merry way.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2012.

I was invited the on-site interview. Interview was started from 9 am and finished around 4 pm. All interviewers were quite smart and friendly. Two of them asked the behavior questions and others mostly checked the technical background.

Interview Questions

AZ is too hot for my family.

CVC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2012.

Met with department manager and a contract employee who was running the test floor. They read over my resume and stated that I knew numerous pieces of equipment from the semiconductor companies and that the position that they were hiring for would be simple to learn for me. They asked me what shift i was willing to work, I had told them the beginning of the week would be nice due to school and family and they hired me, put me on the end of the week, on the night shift, and after 2 days of working, they said that they are not doing any permanent hiring in this department.

There wasn't any. It was through Kelly services.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2012.

The interview process was fine. It consisted of a few 45 minute phone calls just reviewing my credentials and experiences. There was a lack of communication however once the job began. I never did get an official clarification for who my direct manager was (It might have been either one of two different people). Then out of 10 months I was there, I only had one on one meetings with either one of them about 4 times. I mean really?!? Another example was that there was never any communication about when the contract was going to end until the day it ended. "Surprise! We're ending your contract today!" Hey thanks for giving me some warning...
    Actually for me it was worse than that! Nobody told me directly. Someone told my contract agency, who then told me as I was on my way to work. I showed up and waited all day for someone to come over and talk to me about it, and no one ever did. Towards the end of the day, after I wrapped some things up, I went to seek out my manager who wasn't there, nor was hers. I eventually had to hear it from another manager that was not my own, that my contract was in fact ending due to structural changes being made to the group. I think they really dropped the ball on that one.

Interview Questions
    • I was fully qualified for the job and I was able to answer all of the questions as far as I remember. I remember it being more of a conversation than a set of questions. I thought the line of questioning was just fine.   View Answer
    My contracting agency did the negotiation. I told them what I wanted and they got it for me...

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

A friend of mine forwarded my resume to the group leader. After a couple of days, I received an email asking for phone interview availability. The phone interview was only about 40 mins, basically he provided the information of the position and asked me my PhD work. At the end, he asked me for three references, but did not specify whether I'll be invited for an onsite interview. After about a month, I received a formal invitation.
    The onsite interview started at 10AM. It contains 7 one-on-one interviews and a 45mins presentation, and they took you out for a 30min lunch at noon. The 1:1 interviews mixed with technical and behavior questions. Everyone was nice but all the questions they asked were pertinent both to the position and your field. So I was pretty exhausted at the end of the day. You also can tell these engineers are really professional. Unfortunately, I did not receive the offer. However, the overall experience was very pleasant and precious. My advice is to refresh your statistics and undergraduate subjects 'cause most of the questions are not difficult but you may just forget the proper terms to answer them precisely.

Interview Questions
    • The numbers you measured, do they show any statistical significance?   Answer Question