Intel Corporation

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – Intel flew me in for a one day interview. This was for a senior level position and consisted mostly of non-technical questions.

Interview Question – N/A   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A human resources person was my interface to the company. They were very responsive and returned phone calls immediately. I was given a fair offer, I countered, they recountered, and I accepted.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me and assisted me in every step of the process. She provided clear information on job, location, compensation, and benefits. The recruiter did the initial phone interview to see if the job and I were a match.

I was flown in for a days worth of 1:1 interviews including a group panel. The questions were fair.

One week later I was given a job offer including a sign on bonus and relocation package. Over the next week I negotiated with my previous employer and Intel. My previous employer countered the Intel offer, Intel countered back with a modification to the bonus and relocation package.

Upon my acceptance of the Intel offer. I had 3 days to get a drug test and accept the request for a background check.

Two weeks later I was confirmed for employment.

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflict and get a decision made?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the job position (i.e. what level I'd start at), salary, sign-on bonus, and relocation package. The job level and compensation was slightly higher than what my previous employer would provide. The sign on bonus essentially covered the options and stock I'd lose from my previous employer.

However because of the bad housing market, the relocation package was very important and I was able to get the benefits extended over a longer period of time.

Platform Architect Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2008.

Interview Details – regular interview with HR, then recruiter, then peers.

Interview Question – when can you move to California   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Platform Architect interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.