Intel Corporation

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

163 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Asked questions on fundamental engineering courses: thermo, diffusion, reaction kinetics, etc. Had phone, group and 1:1 interviews. Questions about Fick's law, refrigeration, Arrhenius equation. Not too difficult, more open ended to understand how you think. Just talk out answer if you don't know to show your thinking process. They also asked some basic semiconductor questions like: What is Moore's law, what are the different processes in semiconductor manufacturing.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Questions
    • All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Initial interview on campus. Had a phone interview that was cancelled. Then, unexpectedly, about 5 months later I got a call asking me to come onsite for an interview.
    Interviews were pretty casual. A few technical questions, but nothing too hard. It seemed that the real purpose of the questions wasn't to test my knowledge but to test my problem solving skills. 1 hour research seminar presented and a 2 hour lunch with some new engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Very few difficult or unexpected questions. Most of the "interview" felt like a recruiting trip.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

After two weeks I submitted resume to the system, someone called me. He asked simple behavioral questions. For example, he asked me "why do you want to work at Intel?", "What was the most difficult thing in your PhD program", and "How do you solve problems when you are conflicting with your colleagues. Then he asked technical questions. For example, "what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?"

Interview Questions
    • what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

No interview, got position from internship opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aloha, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

It was a phone interview. I was referred by a friend working currently at Intel to an Engineer in another group. The day after, I got an email indicating to call him to his number the following day. I thought it is going to be a friendly introductory chat, but it turned out an hour formal phone screening interview! The position he interviewed me for was an immediate hiring, and since I couldn't finish my PhD (in Mechanic) in a month, this interview didn't worked for me.

Interview Questions
    • Two cups, isolated to the surrounding. There are small piece of ice and some hot water in identical amount for each cup. In one test, ice goes first and then hot water. In other hot water goes first and then ice. In which test, ice melts sooner.   View Answers (2)

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview initiated, then one day on-site with one hour per person, including 1 hr presentation and 2 hr offsite lunch

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Submitted a resume, got an email requesting a phone interview. Had a 50 minute phone interview focusing on my graduate research experience. Stressed that the job has an on-call aspect. Asked why I wanted to work for intel. Asked why did I want to come work in industry? They asked for a time I had to deal with a difficult coworker and how I dealt with it. They asked how I felt being taught techniques by techs with lower degrees than a PhD.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Got phone interview one week ahead of the onsite. Interviewed by 4 area managers and 2 process engineers. Gave a 45-min presentation on my thesis. Havent heard anything back for almost 3 weeks. Most questions asked were behavioral questions and some questions on my research.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

I was referred to Intel after passing my resume to a former member of my research group who go it in the hands of his hiring manager. I got a call about 3 days later and had a 30 minute phone interview. It primarily focused on my PhD research and comfort working under the conditions at Intel for this position (i.e. on-call & managerial structure). The next day I was called back and invited for an on-site interview which is scheduled for the coming weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the phone portion of the interview   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!