Intel Corporation

159 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Question – All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Initial interview on campus. Had a phone interview that was cancelled. Then, unexpectedly, about 5 months later I got a call asking me to come onsite for an interview.
Interviews were pretty casual. A few technical questions, but nothing too hard. It seemed that the real purpose of the questions wasn't to test my knowledge but to test my problem solving skills. 1 hour research seminar presented and a 2 hour lunch with some new engineers.

Interview Question – Very few difficult or unexpected questions. Most of the "interview" felt like a recruiting trip.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got phone interview one week ahead of the onsite. Interviewed by 4 area managers and 2 process engineers. Gave a 45-min presentation on my thesis. Havent heard anything back for almost 3 weeks. Most questions asked were behavioral questions and some questions on my research.

Interview Question – One brainstorming question.   Answer Question

Aloha, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview. I was referred by a friend working currently at Intel to an Engineer in another group. The day after, I got an email indicating to call him to his number the following day. I thought it is going to be a friendly introductory chat, but it turned out an hour formal phone screening interview! The position he interviewed me for was an immediate hiring, and since I couldn't finish my PhD (in Mechanic) in a month, this interview didn't worked for me.

Interview Question – Two cups, isolated to the surrounding. There are small piece of ice and some hot water in identical amount for each cup. In one test, ice goes first and then hot water. In other hot water goes first and then ice. In which test, ice melts sooner.   View Answer

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – No interview, got position from internship opportunity.

Interview Question – Derive Bernoulli s equation from first principles.   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone interview initiated, then one day on-site with one hour per person, including 1 hr presentation and 2 hr offsite lunch

Interview Question – focus on problem-solving skills, personality   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 30 minute phone interview for process engineer/Tool owner. YOu have to be available 24/7 for this position. Very in depth with behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Question – Questions about tools and how to work   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred to Intel after passing my resume to a former member of my research group who go it in the hands of his hiring manager. I got a call about 3 days later and had a 30 minute phone interview. It primarily focused on my PhD research and comfort working under the conditions at Intel for this position (i.e. on-call & managerial structure). The next day I was called back and invited for an on-site interview which is scheduled for the coming weeks.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the phone portion of the interview   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume, got an email requesting a phone interview. Had a 50 minute phone interview focusing on my graduate research experience. Stressed that the job has an on-call aspect. Asked why I wanted to work for intel. Asked why did I want to come work in industry? They asked for a time I had to deal with a difficult coworker and how I dealt with it. They asked how I felt being taught techniques by techs with lower degrees than a PhD.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for intel?   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – After the phone screen, I had an on-site interview. I had six one-on-one interviews, a lunch interview, and a thesis presentation.
The interviews lasted all day, and it was very tiring. The interviewers asked the same questions repeatedly, and I got tired of giving the same answers.
The thesis presentation was a waste of time, in my opinion. None of the interviewers were familiar with my thesis topic, and they were unable to understand the significance of my thesis' contributions. The questions that they asked were either extremely basic or off-topic.
I wasn't offered a job; I'm not really sure what they're looking for. The work environment seemed to be very stressful. Several of the interviewers said that they didn't like working for Intel due to the stressful environment.

Interview Question – They asked me a math question. It was unrelated to the job.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

At Intel, we're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun playing the new Intel ChipMan game As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Process Engineer interview questions and advice. All 159 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.