Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

168 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Had given resume, when they had come to the campus. Later got email from a manager and he took a phone interview next day. Very friendly guy, he explained about the role and the nature of the job and later moved on to questions and then let me to ask questions. Very frank, normal, easy conversation.

Interview Questions
  • all questions were very expected stereotypical interview questions   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Process Engineer Interview

Starts from a on-campus talk from Intel. The job position is in PTD. I submitted my resume and got a phone call that they offered an interview next day.

Process Engineer Interview

One phone interview and then interview with 6 managers and one thesis presentation. Interview and hiring process went very smooth and well organized. Most of the questions were behavior based. Few general technical questions were included. Thesis presentation took one hour with a good Q and A.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Recruited at a career fair. Passed initial screening interviews. Was flown out to the site for multiple interviews. Asked basic technical questions in which they expect you to be familiar. ie Young's modulus, heat exchanger, statistics, 3 modes of heat transfer, etc.

Interview Questions
    • (not overly difficult) but describing a thermal couple   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate. Was happy to get job. In hindsight, ALWAYS negotiate.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Asked questions on fundamental engineering courses: thermo, diffusion, reaction kinetics, etc. Had phone, group and 1:1 interviews. Questions about Fick's law, refrigeration, Arrhenius equation. Not too difficult, more open ended to understand how you think. Just talk out answer if you don't know to show your thinking process. They also asked some basic semiconductor questions like: What is Moore's law, what are the different processes in semiconductor manufacturing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Questions
    • All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Initial interview on campus. Had a phone interview that was cancelled. Then, unexpectedly, about 5 months later I got a call asking me to come onsite for an interview.
    Interviews were pretty casual. A few technical questions, but nothing too hard. It seemed that the real purpose of the questions wasn't to test my knowledge but to test my problem solving skills. 1 hour research seminar presented and a 2 hour lunch with some new engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Very few difficult or unexpected questions. Most of the "interview" felt like a recruiting trip.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

After two weeks I submitted resume to the system, someone called me. He asked simple behavioral questions. For example, he asked me "why do you want to work at Intel?", "What was the most difficult thing in your PhD program", and "How do you solve problems when you are conflicting with your colleagues. Then he asked technical questions. For example, "what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?"

Interview Questions
    • what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

No interview, got position from internship opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

It was a phone interview. I was referred by a friend working currently at Intel to an Engineer in another group. The day after, I got an email indicating to call him to his number the following day. I thought it is going to be a friendly introductory chat, but it turned out an hour formal phone screening interview! The position he interviewed me for was an immediate hiring, and since I couldn't finish my PhD (in Mechanic) in a month, this interview didn't worked for me.

Interview Questions
    • Two cups, isolated to the surrounding. There are small piece of ice and some hot water in identical amount for each cup. In one test, ice goes first and then hot water. In other hot water goes first and then ice. In which test, ice melts sooner.   View Answers (2)