Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

Process Engineer Interview

The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

It was a phone interview with a hiring manager first. It took about one hour with questions about my background, my school, my resume, and behavior questions. It was a good opportunity for the manager to know me and for me to present myself. The most important thing is to know what you put on your resume and do not leave an impression that you overly decorate your resume. I got a on site interview invitation at the end of the phone call. It surprised me at that time since I thought they needed some time to consider my performance.

3 weeks later, I went to the onsite interview. The experience of the on site interview left me a very positive impression of intel. The interviewers were very nice and professional. I know one day interview can be exhausted, but I think I prepared it well. I rehearsed my presentation very carefully before I went there, so I think I did a pretty good job of time control. Most of the questions were behavior questions and technical questions of my presentation. In general, all discussion was of PhD level, so make sure you know what you talk about. The whole process of the on site interview took from 8:30 to 4:45.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Contacted / applied via email and received reply about 2 weeks later.
    Scheduled a phone interview in a week.
    It was a typical phone screening interview for 1 hour.
    Started and ended exactly on time.
    Begin with basic information about the position and then several questions were asked.
    Overall process was pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • What did you study during the graduate school?
      What kind of equipment did you use?
      Tell me the operation mechanism of the equipment you used.
      How would you solve it if you have a conflict with your co-workers.
      How do you deal with stress? What do you think about the ideal workplace?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2015.

Started in the morning at 9:15 am and lasted till 4.00 pm. Included an one hour long presentation of my work during graduate school. This is when I have been asked most of the technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly what problems I faced during my graduate research projects.   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2014.

Conducted a phone interview with one of the area managers and was recommended for a site interview. At the site interview, I gave a one hour thesis research presentation and met with a few process engineers in the morning. I went to lunch with a few of the process engineers, which was a great time to ask questions and was relatively low stress. In the afternoon I met with a few of the area managers.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a problem solving scenario wherein I had to use verbal clues given to me in the problem description to determine whether or not my particular process was responsible for failed devices in the fab.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Had given resume, when they had come to the campus. Later got email from a manager and he took a phone interview next day. Very friendly guy, he explained about the role and the nature of the job and later moved on to questions and then let me to ask questions. Very frank, normal, easy conversation.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were very expected stereotypical interview questions   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Starts from a on-campus talk from Intel. The job position is in PTD. I submitted my resume and got a phone call that they offered an interview next day.

Process Engineer Interview

One phone interview and then interview with 6 managers and one thesis presentation. Interview and hiring process went very smooth and well organized. Most of the questions were behavior based. Few general technical questions were included. Thesis presentation took one hour with a good Q and A.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Recruited at a career fair. Passed initial screening interviews. Was flown out to the site for multiple interviews. Asked basic technical questions in which they expect you to be familiar. ie Young's modulus, heat exchanger, statistics, 3 modes of heat transfer, etc.

Interview Questions
    • (not overly difficult) but describing a thermal couple   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate. Was happy to get job. In hindsight, ALWAYS negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2014.

It was a very good interview process. I was interviewed by area managers and senior engineers and I also had to give them a one hour presentation on my thesis. They asked general questions about what I have studied and what my research is about. They also asked a lot of questions on my research as well as my internship and gave me scenarios that I would have to deal with and what is the best way to deal with a particular problem.

Interview Questions
    • Briefly explain what you have learnt from your research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2014.

International candidate:

Got an email in late July 2014. Had a phone interview after 2 days. Called for an onsite interview at the end of the phone interview. Onsite after 3 weeks. Offered after 4 weeks.

In-between 4 weeks, got emails every week for paper work to keep my profile active and the paper work moving forward.

Interview Questions
    • Simple both technical and behavioral
      In-charge of instrument?
      Handling and maintenance?
      Responsibility?
      Any problem? How you dealt with it? what precautions taken?

Answer Question