Intel Corporation

159 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Question – All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Initial interview on campus. Had a phone interview that was cancelled. Then, unexpectedly, about 5 months later I got a call asking me to come onsite for an interview.
Interviews were pretty casual. A few technical questions, but nothing too hard. It seemed that the real purpose of the questions wasn't to test my knowledge but to test my problem solving skills. 1 hour research seminar presented and a 2 hour lunch with some new engineers.

Interview Question – Very few difficult or unexpected questions. Most of the "interview" felt like a recruiting trip.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got phone interview one week ahead of the onsite. Interviewed by 4 area managers and 2 process engineers. Gave a 45-min presentation on my thesis. Havent heard anything back for almost 3 weeks. Most questions asked were behavioral questions and some questions on my research.

Interview Question – One brainstorming question.   Answer Question

Aloha, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview. I was referred by a friend working currently at Intel to an Engineer in another group. The day after, I got an email indicating to call him to his number the following day. I thought it is going to be a friendly introductory chat, but it turned out an hour formal phone screening interview! The position he interviewed me for was an immediate hiring, and since I couldn't finish my PhD (in Mechanic) in a month, this interview didn't worked for me.

Interview Question – Two cups, isolated to the surrounding. There are small piece of ice and some hot water in identical amount for each cup. In one test, ice goes first and then hot water. In other hot water goes first and then ice. In which test, ice melts sooner.   View Answers (2)

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – No interview, got position from internship opportunity.

Interview Question – Derive Bernoulli s equation from first principles.   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone interview initiated, then one day on-site with one hour per person, including 1 hr presentation and 2 hr offsite lunch

Interview Question – focus on problem-solving skills, personality   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 30 minute phone interview for process engineer/Tool owner. YOu have to be available 24/7 for this position. Very in depth with behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Question – Questions about tools and how to work   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter showed up at my university asking for PhD's in the physical sciences. He was interested in understanding the projects I owned and especially how i worked with instrumentation as a Chemistry student. He offered me an on-site interview several weeks later. I was flown to Portland in the evening and was told I would meet with several managers 1:1 and also have a presentation of my dissertation to the group of managers. The 1:1 were typical interviews with each manager interested in different parts of my resume. There were very few technical questions; mostly soft-skills. i was taken to Lunch by two newer engineers and asked a boatload of questions based from my reading of this website. Two weeks later they emailed me that I would be offered a position over the phone. I accepted.

Interview Question – One manager presented a dilemma with an instrument and asked how I would go about solving it. I don't think he expected me to know the answer but to see how I think. The bad part is he was very negative and somewhat condescending throughout. But after he seemed very pleased and tried to talk me up like I had the job. A friend of mine got the same guy and question and felt like he fell apart and lost the job. I think he was trying to frustrate me and see how I would react.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was phoned and given a detailed explanation of the salray/bonus/benefits package and emailed the same the next day. I think they wanted me to tell them within two weeks. I tried to negotiate a higher salary but was told that entry-level positions for process engineers are non-negotiable. They also had a generous relocation stipend. Overall 8 months in I feel I'm overpaid.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred to Intel after passing my resume to a former member of my research group who go it in the hands of his hiring manager. I got a call about 3 days later and had a 30 minute phone interview. It primarily focused on my PhD research and comfort working under the conditions at Intel for this position (i.e. on-call & managerial structure). The next day I was called back and invited for an on-site interview which is scheduled for the coming weeks.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the phone portion of the interview   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume, got an email requesting a phone interview. Had a 50 minute phone interview focusing on my graduate research experience. Stressed that the job has an on-call aspect. Asked why I wanted to work for intel. Asked why did I want to come work in industry? They asked for a time I had to deal with a difficult coworker and how I dealt with it. They asked how I felt being taught techniques by techs with lower degrees than a PhD.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for intel?   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!