Intel Corporation

Getting the Interview

154 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone interview initiated, then one day on-site with one hour per person, including 1 hr presentation and 2 hr offsite lunch

Interview Question – focus on problem-solving skills, personality   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was a 30 minute phone interview for process engineer/Tool owner. YOu have to be available 24/7 for this position. Very in depth with behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Question – Questions about tools and how to work   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – After the phone screen, I had an on-site interview. I had six one-on-one interviews, a lunch interview, and a thesis presentation.
The interviews lasted all day, and it was very tiring. The interviewers asked the same questions repeatedly, and I got tired of giving the same answers.
The thesis presentation was a waste of time, in my opinion. None of the interviewers were familiar with my thesis topic, and they were unable to understand the significance of my thesis' contributions. The questions that they asked were either extremely basic or off-topic.
I wasn't offered a job; I'm not really sure what they're looking for. The work environment seemed to be very stressful. Several of the interviewers said that they didn't like working for Intel due to the stressful environment.

Interview Question – They asked me a math question. It was unrelated to the job.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred to Intel after passing my resume to a former member of my research group who go it in the hands of his hiring manager. I got a call about 3 days later and had a 30 minute phone interview. It primarily focused on my PhD research and comfort working under the conditions at Intel for this position (i.e. on-call & managerial structure). The next day I was called back and invited for an on-site interview which is scheduled for the coming weeks.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the phone portion of the interview   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume, got an email requesting a phone interview. Had a 50 minute phone interview focusing on my graduate research experience. Stressed that the job has an on-call aspect. Asked why I wanted to work for intel. Asked why did I want to come work in industry? They asked for a time I had to deal with a difficult coworker and how I dealt with it. They asked how I felt being taught techniques by techs with lower degrees than a PhD.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for intel?   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – A recruiter showed up at my university asking for PhD's in the physical sciences. He was interested in understanding the projects I owned and especially how i worked with instrumentation as a Chemistry student. He offered me an on-site interview several weeks later. I was flown to Portland in the evening and was told I would meet with several managers 1:1 and also have a presentation of my dissertation to the group of managers. The 1:1 were typical interviews with each manager interested in different parts of my resume. There were very few technical questions; mostly soft-skills. i was taken to Lunch by two newer engineers and asked a boatload of questions based from my reading of this website. Two weeks later they emailed me that I would be offered a position over the phone. I accepted.

Interview Question – One manager presented a dilemma with an instrument and asked how I would go about solving it. I don't think he expected me to know the answer but to see how I think. The bad part is he was very negative and somewhat condescending throughout. But after he seemed very pleased and tried to talk me up like I had the job. A friend of mine got the same guy and question and felt like he fell apart and lost the job. I think he was trying to frustrate me and see how I would react.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was phoned and given a detailed explanation of the salray/bonus/benefits package and emailed the same the next day. I think they wanted me to tell them within two weeks. I tried to negotiate a higher salary but was told that entry-level positions for process engineers are non-negotiable. They also had a generous relocation stipend. Overall 8 months in I feel I'm overpaid.

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

Interview Details – Six individual persons and 45 min presentation. Mainly asked things from my resume. If you have state an equipment skills, they ask in detail information. To be honest, I think they look more the confident. If you can show the confidence, you get the job.

Interview Question – There was a mistake in my presentation. They asked about it and I kind a froze. Be prepared to be calm when an unexpected question comes.   Answer Question

Albuquerque, NM

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was at the University information session. They liked my resume and offered me an on-campus interview which went well. Asked me some basic questions regarding my PhD work and why I want to work for Intel. Next was a phone interview after a couple of months for about an hour. Here too, some similar questions were asked regarding my PhD work, and also an explanation regarding the type of work at Intel was given. After a couple of weeks, they offered to fly me out for an onsite interview. This was a whole day process including PhD thesis presentations, several one-on-one interviews, and HR questions. Offer was given after a month of the interview.

Interview Question – What kind of safety measures did you take in your lab while conducting experiments?
Do you know what the Benedict-Webb-Rubin equation of state is?
Have you used the Navier-Stokes equation? Where did you use it in your research?
What statistical analysis tools did you use for your research?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was entertained. The pay was good for the location.

Hudson, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2010.

Interview Details – I met with 5 employees that had similar behavioral interview questions. There were also many technical questions. The interviewers were looking for the candidates who were prepared. They wanted a lot of work related examples on when you resolved conflict or your tolerance for ambiguity. Engineering Degrees are important and how you come across in your interview is also very important. Teamwork is highly valued.

Interview Question – What is you biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. Intel has a lot of candidates to pick from and they usually move on quickly if you play hardball.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied online; was offered an interview within several days.

Intel offered to have me present my thesis work the day before the interview but I needed to decline.

The interview itself was 1/2 a day, 2 rounds of interviews. Each interview was with 2 Intel employees and consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. Technical questions were not difficult, covered simple semiconductor physics and materials science questions. Behavioral questions were standard and could be looked up online ahead of time.

Interview Question – Technical question:

When you are working on process control what are the names for the important limits?

Behavioral question:

Describe how you have handled conflict with a peer in the past.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation Process Engineer interview questions and advice. All 154 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.