Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Intel was visiting my school. Handed over my resume at their interview session and got an interview call next day. Was an hour long chat with the recruiter. He asked mostly behavioral questions and about what I do in my research. He spoke a lot about the position and the environment in the company and how I need to adapt myself to the environment if I get selected. He said he would send me an email and let me know the outcome of the interview in four days.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research, whats the hardest problem you solved, strengths/weaknesses, what other companies are you looking at, are comfortable doing more than a 9-5 pm job, how would you resolve a conflict with a colleague   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Albany, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a campus interview. Intel had come to campus for an 'Info Session'. I submitted my resume to them after their talk and was called for a campus interview the next day. It lasted about 40 mins and the questions were entirely related to my research work. Later that day, I was invited for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Q. What maintenance work do you have to do on the equipment you use for your research?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Half an hour on campus interview. 5 ~ 10 minutes briefly introduce my research work. Then a behavioral question. The interviewer is extremely nice. Lastly we discussed about the working environmental at company culture of Intel. Happy conversation.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a hiring manager first. It took about one hour with questions about my background, my school, my resume, and behavior questions. It was a good opportunity for the manager to know me and for me to present myself. The most important thing is to know what you put on your resume and do not leave an impression that you overly decorate your resume. I got a on site interview invitation at the end of the phone call. It surprised me at that time since I thought they needed some time to consider my performance.

3 weeks later, I went to the onsite interview. The experience of the on site interview left me a very positive impression of intel. The interviewers were very nice and professional. I know one day interview can be exhausted, but I think I prepared it well. I rehearsed my presentation very carefully before I went there, so I think I did a pretty good job of time control. Most of the questions were behavior questions and technical questions of my presentation. In general, all discussion was of PhD level, so make sure you know what you talk about. The whole process of the on site interview took from 8:30 to 4:45.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Contacted / applied via email and received reply about 2 weeks later.
    Scheduled a phone interview in a week.
    It was a typical phone screening interview for 1 hour.
    Started and ended exactly on time.
    Begin with basic information about the position and then several questions were asked.
    Overall process was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What did you study during the graduate school?
      What kind of equipment did you use?
      Tell me the operation mechanism of the equipment you used.
      How would you solve it if you have a conflict with your co-workers.
      How do you deal with stress? What do you think about the ideal workplace?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Started in the morning at 9:15 am and lasted till 4.00 pm. Included an one hour long presentation of my work during graduate school. This is when I have been asked most of the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly what problems I faced during my graduate research projects.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2014.

Interview

Conducted a phone interview with one of the area managers and was recommended for a site interview. At the site interview, I gave a one hour thesis research presentation and met with a few process engineers in the morning. I went to lunch with a few of the process engineers, which was a great time to ask questions and was relatively low stress. In the afternoon I met with a few of the area managers.

Interview Questions

• I was given a problem solving scenario wherein I had to use verbal clues given to me in the problem description to determine whether or not my particular process was responsible for failed devices in the fab.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

Had given resume, when they had come to the campus. Later got email from a manager and he took a phone interview next day. Very friendly guy, he explained about the role and the nature of the job and later moved on to questions and then let me to ask questions. Very frank, normal, easy conversation.

Interview Questions

• all questions were very expected stereotypical interview questions   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Starts from a on-campus talk from Intel. The job position is in PTD. I submitted my resume and got a phone call that they offered an interview next day.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone interview and then interview with 6 managers and one thesis presentation. Interview and hiring process went very smooth and well organized. Most of the questions were behavior based. Few general technical questions were included. Thesis presentation took one hour with a good Q and A.