Intel Corporation

Updated Aug 1, 2014
161 interviews

161 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2010.

After the internal referral, phone interview was followed for 30min. Based on the resume, there some simple technical questions. then invited to the on site interview. from 8am to 4pm 2 engineers were group and several teams asked the behavior questions.

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Asked questions on fundamental engineering courses: thermo, diffusion, reaction kinetics, etc. Had phone, group and 1:1 interviews. Questions about Fick's law, refrigeration, Arrhenius equation. Not too difficult, more open ended to understand how you think. Just talk out answer if you don't know to show your thinking process. They also asked some basic semiconductor questions like: What is Moore's law, what are the different processes in semiconductor manufacturing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Questions
    • All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Initial interview on campus. Had a phone interview that was cancelled. Then, unexpectedly, about 5 months later I got a call asking me to come onsite for an interview.
    Interviews were pretty casual. A few technical questions, but nothing too hard. It seemed that the real purpose of the questions wasn't to test my knowledge but to test my problem solving skills. 1 hour research seminar presented and a 2 hour lunch with some new engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Very few difficult or unexpected questions. Most of the "interview" felt like a recruiting trip.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Got phone interview one week ahead of the onsite. Interviewed by 4 area managers and 2 process engineers. Gave a 45-min presentation on my thesis. Havent heard anything back for almost 3 weeks. Most questions asked were behavioral questions and some questions on my research.

Anonymous Employee  in  Aloha, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Aloha, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

It was a phone interview. I was referred by a friend working currently at Intel to an Engineer in another group. The day after, I got an email indicating to call him to his number the following day. I thought it is going to be a friendly introductory chat, but it turned out an hour formal phone screening interview! The position he interviewed me for was an immediate hiring, and since I couldn't finish my PhD (in Mechanic) in a month, this interview didn't worked for me.

Interview Questions
    • Two cups, isolated to the surrounding. There are small piece of ice and some hot water in identical amount for each cup. In one test, ice goes first and then hot water. In other hot water goes first and then ice. In which test, ice melts sooner.   View Answers (2)

Process Engineer Interview

No interview, got position from internship opportunity.

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview initiated, then one day on-site with one hour per person, including 1 hr presentation and 2 hr offsite lunch

Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

It was a 30 minute phone interview for process engineer/Tool owner. YOu have to be available 24/7 for this position. Very in depth with behavioral and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

A recruiter showed up at my university asking for PhD's in the physical sciences. He was interested in understanding the projects I owned and especially how i worked with instrumentation as a Chemistry student. He offered me an on-site interview several weeks later. I was flown to Portland in the evening and was told I would meet with several managers 1:1 and also have a presentation of my dissertation to the group of managers. The 1:1 were typical interviews with each manager interested in different parts of my resume. There were very few technical questions; mostly soft-skills. i was taken to Lunch by two newer engineers and asked a boatload of questions based from my reading of this website. Two weeks later they emailed me that I would be offered a position over the phone. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • One manager presented a dilemma with an instrument and asked how I would go about solving it. I don't think he expected me to know the answer but to see how I think. The bad part is he was very negative and somewhat condescending throughout. But after he seemed very pleased and tried to talk me up like I had the job. A friend of mine got the same guy and question and felt like he fell apart and lost the job. I think he was trying to frustrate me and see how I would react.   Answer Question
    I was phoned and given a detailed explanation of the salray/bonus/benefits package and emailed the same the next day. I think they wanted me to tell them within two weeks. I tried to negotiate a higher salary but was told that entry-level positions for process engineers are non-negotiable. They also had a generous relocation stipend. Overall 8 months in I feel I'm overpaid.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!