Intel Corporation

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Average Difficulty
159 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2009.

Interview Details – The initial interview was a phone screen. The questions where based on general information such as degree and major, special interest, current projects and current job role. They scheduled a date for a date for a face-to-face inteview for a later date.
I had three face-to-face interviews back to back. Each interview lasted an hour and it was a 3-on-1. One interview was behavioral (Ex: Can you think of a time you had a conflict with a team member working on a project, can you describe how you dealt with the conflict or addressed and resolved the issue?) The second interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The last interview was all technical. Be prepared to talk about past technical work experience.

Interview Question – Can you think of a time you had a conflict with a team member working on a project, can you describe how you dealt with the conflict or addressed and resolved the issue?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was to relocate and the previous salary was adjusted based on the new cost of living. I think I could have asked for an extra 5% after talking to some new hires and the salaries they received.

Process Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – I started from searching the positions I wanted. Then I applied them and waited. I got an email from the group managerand requested for a phone interview. I had a phone interview with her for 30 mins. Then I got a on-site interview request after a week. Bascially, she asked me some generally questions based on my experience and their job requirments. She also asked some Tech. quesitons, but not very difficult. The manager is very good and friendly. But she seemed very busy, she didn't ask many questions.

Interview Question – Ask some quesions about "statistic" and do I have any experience in using data anlaysis in my research career?   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – I sent my resume for a open position I knew through my friends. Then I was contacted by the manager of this group. I interviewed with some of the group members on the phone. Then I was invited to on-site interview. It was a full day interview with eight one-one interviews. I also gave a presentation to about fifteen people. Ten days later I was offered the position in that group.

Interview Question – All technical, no common behavioral or competency based questions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a phone interview. I was interviewed by an engineer who asked me some technical questions and several situational questions. "Describe a situation when you..." for example has a disagreement with a coworker, or something in your lab broke or didn't work how you expected. At the end of the phone interview I was invited for an on site interview which consists of a presentation, 3 separate 1 hour interviews and a facility tour, plus lunch

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had a disagreement with a coworker   Answer Question

Process Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, after one week, get invited for the on-site interview. After about two week, get the offer. After another week, accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Hillsboro, OR

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by one of the manager through email to schedule a phone interview. He called me on time after 2 days. The interview took for 45mins. First few minuted he explained about the position and Intel and asked about my thesis. Then most of the question were from my resume and some behavioral question. Finally he gave me sometime to ask him the question.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had difficulty in your research and how you dealt with that?   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an invitation to interview on site within da interview consisted of two separate panel interviews, and an how long presentation on the company, as will as benefits information. It was intense and nerve wracking, with behavioral and technical quotations throughout. Overall, the obscure was intense, but a positive experiencesa.

Interview Question – Describe a strangers normal distribution, the equation for calculating standard deviation, and describe a stress strain diagram   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through the campus career program last year. After couple of follow-up emails I got an opportunity for Phone Interview. It lasted for 30 to 40 mins with questions purely from resume and the same day I have been informed about the onsite interview. It's a day long interview with 1 hr presentation and more than eight 1:1 interviews. The questions were again mostly based on my resume and some behavioral questions. Within a week I was contacted about the offer.

Interview Question – Was there any confliction with my manager? How did you solve that?   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – My Background: MS in Mechanical Engineering (Materials Science focused) / International student
-- Applied Online, RCG position (Got back within a week for a phone interview 1:1)
-- Phone Interview: 1 hour, 50% technical + 50% behavioral, based on resume
-- Hiring manager called back within couple of days and said position got hold!!!! Hiring Freeze.
-- More than a month later the same hiring manager called back and scheduled for an onsite.
-- Onsite: Eight 1:1, one hour thesis/research presentation, lunch. Highly technical, problem solving skills, team leader skills etc. If you are good with topics in your resume than it should be fine.
-- Got an offer after two weeks. :)

Interview Question – Technical: Questions on Process Tools (PVD, CVD etc)
Materials Characterization tools and process: XRD, SEM, TEM etc
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Decent offer for MS entry level position. Good Relocation Pacage. They are also paying for my current lease break.

Rio Rancho, NM

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for several process engineering positions and got called a few weeks afterwards for a 30-60 minute phone interview. This interview was very technical and asked questions on topics I listed on my resume. A day later, I was called for an on-site interview.

The interview was pretty much 8am to 3pm. It started off with a presentation about company benefits, and was followed by a couple of 2 vs. me interviews. The first of those was behavioral, the second was a technical/problem solving oriented. After this, I made a presentation on my masters thesis research.

I was then taken to lunch with about 5-6 of the engineers. After lunch there was tour of their facility, a one on one with a manager (which was technical and problem solving oriented). The final hour was an behavioral interview with two other managers. And then I was left to go back to my hotel and tour town a bit before flying back.

Overall, my experience was very positive. I found them exceedingly friendly and polite (which is actually not very common place in a lot of tech companies). The job also sounded quite interesting and I was impressed by the facilities.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavioral (rehearse!!). The technical questions were randomly selected from stuff you put in your resume. A lot of DOE related questions were also asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate at all. I thought their offer was fair enough.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!