Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 8, 2014
Updated Nov 8, 2014

76 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Questions
  • All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question
No room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

After two weeks I submitted resume to the system, someone called me. He asked simple behavioral questions. For example, he asked me "why do you want to work at Intel?", "What was the most difficult thing in your PhD program", and "How do you solve problems when you are conflicting with your colleagues. Then he asked technical questions. For example, "what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?"

Interview Questions
    • what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aloha, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

It was a phone interview. I was referred by a friend working currently at Intel to an Engineer in another group. The day after, I got an email indicating to call him to his number the following day. I thought it is going to be a friendly introductory chat, but it turned out an hour formal phone screening interview! The position he interviewed me for was an immediate hiring, and since I couldn't finish my PhD (in Mechanic) in a month, this interview didn't worked for me.

Interview Questions
    • Two cups, isolated to the surrounding. There are small piece of ice and some hot water in identical amount for each cup. In one test, ice goes first and then hot water. In other hot water goes first and then ice. In which test, ice melts sooner.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Got phone interview one week ahead of the onsite. Interviewed by 4 area managers and 2 process engineers. Gave a 45-min presentation on my thesis. Havent heard anything back for almost 3 weeks. Most questions asked were behavioral questions and some questions on my research.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

I was referred to Intel after passing my resume to a former member of my research group who go it in the hands of his hiring manager. I got a call about 3 days later and had a 30 minute phone interview. It primarily focused on my PhD research and comfort working under the conditions at Intel for this position (i.e. on-call & managerial structure). The next day I was called back and invited for an on-site interview which is scheduled for the coming weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the phone portion of the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

After the phone screen, I had an on-site interview. I had six one-on-one interviews, a lunch interview, and a thesis presentation.
    The interviews lasted all day, and it was very tiring. The interviewers asked the same questions repeatedly, and I got tired of giving the same answers.
    The thesis presentation was a waste of time, in my opinion. None of the interviewers were familiar with my thesis topic, and they were unable to understand the significance of my thesis' contributions. The questions that they asked were either extremely basic or off-topic.
    I wasn't offered a job; I'm not really sure what they're looking for. The work environment seemed to be very stressful. Several of the interviewers said that they didn't like working for Intel due to the stressful environment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a math question. It was unrelated to the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Applied on-line and was shortlisted for on-site interview after about 4 months of application. There was no phone interview, just some questionnaire, which I believe took the place of the phone interview, as they were somewhat not that easy really. Only good thing was that they paid for all expenses-flight,hotels.

Interview Questions
    • Just know well your past job experiences on your resume. Highly technical questions, but not uncommon questions. Your ability to answer the questions depend more on how well you got yourself prepared, which is vital.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

It was a 30 minute phone interview for process engineer/Tool owner. YOu have to be available 24/7 for this position. Very in depth with behavioral and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2013.

I applied online and got a response from them a month or so later. The hiring manager called me to setup a phone interview. He said he would call back in 3-4 days within the time we discussed, but called back the same night to have the phone interview. It was mostly technical on basic semiconductor knowledge and lasted about 20 minutes. In 4 days I heard from their staffing department telling me that I had been selected for an onsite interview. I setup the final date within 2 weeks.
    The onsite was an all day experience. Basically everyone was very nice and gave a good feel for how the job is structured. I had one presentation (1 hr) and 4 one-on-one interviews (1 hr each). Mostly questions were technical, relating to MOS properties, p-n junctions etc. They threw a lot of problems at me to see how I would tackle it, even if I had little knowledge of it. Basically they push to to the correct answer so long you have a positive and right approach towards the problem. The there were some usual behavioral type questions, nothing out of the usual. My hiring manager told me that he will let me know within 3 days if it was negative. I left feeling very satisfied. The hiring manager emailed me very next day asking my current visa status so he can get the process moving, so that was positive. I heard back from the staffing department within 4 weeks confirming the offer.

Interview Questions
    • A batch of wafers are getting cleaned in acid, aqueous and drying environments and a technician calls you in the middle of the night reporting that the wafers are having an unusual number of defects. How do solve the problem and what advice do you give the technician?   View Answers (3)
    The salary for RCG was extremely good compared to other companies and there is no room for negotiation. The start date is something one can work on with the hiring manager and depending on when you complete your degree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2013.

How do you troubleshoot a problem? How do you design an experiment? How does plasma work? How does an electron microscope work? Do you know about vacuum coating processes? Name a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or an employer. How did you deal with the conflict? Are you willing to work long hours and be on call?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about one of your findings in graduate school research that you are most proud of; specifically, tell of something you discovered that was new and never known before.   Answer Question