Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Apr 5, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Started in the morning at 9:15 am and lasted till 4.00 pm. Included an one hour long presentation of my work during graduate school. This is when I have been asked most of the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Mainly what problems I faced during my graduate research projects.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a very good interview process. I was interviewed by area managers and senior engineers and I also had to give them a one hour presentation on my thesis. They asked general questions about what I have studied and what my research is about. They also asked a lot of questions on my research as well as my internship and gave me scenarios that I would have to deal with and what is the best way to deal with a particular problem.

Interview Questions

• Briefly explain what you have learnt from your research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

International candidate:

Got an email in late July 2014. Had a phone interview after 2 days. Called for an onsite interview at the end of the phone interview. Onsite after 3 weeks. Offered after 4 weeks.

In-between 4 weeks, got emails every week for paper work to keep my profile active and the paper work moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Simple both technical and behavioral
      In-charge of instrument?
      Handling and maintenance?
      Responsibility?
      Any problem? How you dealt with it? what precautions taken?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Process Engineering position after a PhD in EE. Got a phone call and was asked to attend an on-site interview. After about 4 weeks, I got an offer. Focus on problem solving and know your PhD work well. Don't worry about questions that you can't answer, but, make sure that you show the interviewer that you can work towards the answer with some help or assumptions.

Interview Questions

• All sorts of questions on points taken off my resume. e.g. I had XRD in my resume and I was asked to explain how it works. Not the fine details, but an overall practical knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

After two weeks I submitted resume to the system, someone called me. He asked simple behavioral questions. For example, he asked me "why do you want to work at Intel?", "What was the most difficult thing in your PhD program", and "How do you solve problems when you are conflicting with your colleagues. Then he asked technical questions. For example, "what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?"

Interview Questions

• what is the Fourier transform equation of rectangular wave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aloha, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Aloha, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I was referred by a friend working currently at Intel to an Engineer in another group. The day after, I got an email indicating to call him to his number the following day. I thought it is going to be a friendly introductory chat, but it turned out an hour formal phone screening interview! The position he interviewed me for was an immediate hiring, and since I couldn't finish my PhD (in Mechanic) in a month, this interview didn't worked for me.

Interview Questions

• Two cups, isolated to the surrounding. There are small piece of ice and some hot water in identical amount for each cup. In one test, ice goes first and then hot water. In other hot water goes first and then ice. In which test, ice melts sooner.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Got phone interview one week ahead of the onsite. Interviewed by 4 area managers and 2 process engineers. Gave a 45-min presentation on my thesis. Havent heard anything back for almost 3 weeks. Most questions asked were behavioral questions and some questions on my research.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

I was referred to Intel after passing my resume to a former member of my research group who go it in the hands of his hiring manager. I got a call about 3 days later and had a 30 minute phone interview. It primarily focused on my PhD research and comfort working under the conditions at Intel for this position (i.e. on-call & managerial structure). The next day I was called back and invited for an on-site interview which is scheduled for the coming weeks.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the phone portion of the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

After the phone screen, I had an on-site interview. I had six one-on-one interviews, a lunch interview, and a thesis presentation.
    The interviews lasted all day, and it was very tiring. The interviewers asked the same questions repeatedly, and I got tired of giving the same answers.
    The thesis presentation was a waste of time, in my opinion. None of the interviewers were familiar with my thesis topic, and they were unable to understand the significance of my thesis' contributions. The questions that they asked were either extremely basic or off-topic.
    I wasn't offered a job; I'm not really sure what they're looking for. The work environment seemed to be very stressful. Several of the interviewers said that they didn't like working for Intel due to the stressful environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a math question. It was unrelated to the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied on-line and was shortlisted for on-site interview after about 4 months of application. There was no phone interview, just some questionnaire, which I believe took the place of the phone interview, as they were somewhat not that easy really. Only good thing was that they paid for all expenses-flight,hotels.

Interview Questions

• Just know well your past job experiences on your resume. Highly technical questions, but not uncommon questions. Your ability to answer the questions depend more on how well you got yourself prepared, which is vital.   Answer Question