Intel Corporation

Updated Aug 7, 2014

3.1

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process TD Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

1 hour presentation on PhD work followed by questions. Behavioral questions for long time. They asked a lot about equipment or set-up. Some questions on semoconductor processing.

Interview Questions
  • How can tou manage daily work here if it is very repeated and everyday will be the same.   Answer Question
PhD salay was fixed.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was fortunate enough to get an interview in Phoenix, AZ for this position. They had a short phone interview after which they invited me to come on site. Many of my friends interviewed at that location and received a schedule with interview details a week before the interview. Unfortunately I did not get a schedule until the day of my interview so I was going in to the interview blind. I even had to email the hiring manager the night before just to get the building address.

Upon arrival I was told that I was given the wrong building number, luckily I came early and was not late, since the correct building was only a block away. There were four other candidates for the position. We were all given an introduction to the job at the same time, after which we had four private interviews. Everyone was very nice, knowledgeable and laid back. We had a very good conversation with a few behavioral questions in between. The questions they asked were very similar to the ones posted on this website. The only question that was not on the list was "why is your GPA not so great? Why not 4.0?". My GPA is in the 3.6-3.8 range so it is not too horrible. I replied that I had to balance my classes with research which resulted in a couple of B's, however, classes that were applicable to my field of study are all A's. In addition, my research resulted in a number of publications with novel concepts, so at times I had to sacrifice some study time to advance my projects. The interviewer seemed to take this response positively, noting that the job will require balancing multiple important projects at the same time and often requires compromise.

After the interview, I sent a thank you letter as is customary. Since they did not tell me how long it will take for them to get back to me with an answer I waited for two weeks before contacting them again. I did not hear back from them since the interview three months ago. The hiring manager didn't reply to any of my inquiries so I am assuming I didn't get the job.

Note that this experience only reflects on the management style of one group. Many of my friends heard back within two weeks of their interviews whether they got it or not. Most groups will let you know, this was my unique experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

I attended the presentation gave by an Intel manager at our campus then met with him. He asked if I am available for a 30-min interview the day after. In the interview, he just asked about general things I have done in my PhD and postdoc work and proposed an onsite interview for me.
    In the onsite interview I gave a presentation (45 minutes+15 minutes questions) and I met 8 people in 1-1 basis. These interviews were in the Cafeteria and were relaxed, people are really nice. We left in between for lunch in a restaurant and we talked about everything except work.
    By the end of the day, I met the same manager who gave me an offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were about my research, so no really hard questions. It was more about a chat than questions. May be except for few behavioral questions (why Intel? why industry? how to deal with stress ? conflicts? etc). i had two quizzes that I tried to answer, he was more looking on the way of solving them not the solution. I even tried to criticize the solution he gave.   Answer Question
    The offer was very interesting for me and it was not negotiable, so I just accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

First interview:
    @ intel New mexico: staffing team matched my profile, phone interview with group leader. mainly questions on equipments(ALD/CVD)- contacted back in 4 days - Got invited for onsite. Onsite was very relaxed, questions mainly on vacuum systems, vacuum gauges, deposition systems and research- very easy if you have used them. Behavioral questions were tricky. The manager got back within 5 days with a rejection. I think it was for a senior level position_ I am RCG PhD. The manager gave feedback- he said that I need to work on my behavioral questions. It was a really good advice – I took counseling and it helped.
    Didn’t lose hope, kept applying to other positions and got another call from Oregon Site.
    Second interview:
    The onsite in Oregon was tougher than that in NM(atleast according to me). First round with group leader – interviewing on managing projects- how I would tackle a demand. Equipment issues I have faced and how many students I have trained. Etc etc. it was more of a conversation than set of questions.
    Second interview was behavioral with two people – it was like a good cop bad cop situation. But questions on conflicts – have you ever disappointed your advisor – how did you deal? How you suppressed negative energy in a team. How you convinced someone when they disagreed. Teamwork: exhibit one instance where you lead, what issues. How you lead a project etc etc. how you went beyond call of duty. Questions on bein ambiguous etc etc.
    Third was my Thesis presentation: good questions on my thesis and research, discussions were very interactive- you should know your slide. Keep your time limit to 45 mins. (show that you have run processes in systems)
    4th was lunch with Factory manager and other candidates and Intel’s presentation. Followed by a technical round with two people- similar good cop bad cop situation- but really good questions on your research and the presentation. Be confident!
    Finally interview with Area manager. Very nice person- more of a conversation on job duties and responsibilities than an interview. They will ask you the responsibilities, so read the requirement and address everything.
    I followed with thank you email, and then requested an update. The area manager said they will get back in a week. At the End of two weeks I got an email saying they are working on it and the beginning of third week they officially offered me the position. I accepted 

From my experience, getting a rejection doesn’t mean you are completely denied from intel. Keep applying and it will happen Also never try to delay an on-site for more than a week. My NM was delayed by 5 weeks – that could be another reason. Also reviews in Glassdoors helped a lot with behavioral questions.

good signs: 1. if the manager says its in staffing department
    2. if the staffing department contacts you to provide details for further processing (H1B J1 F1 questions etc)

Good luck!!

Interview Questions
    Mine was related to process development which involves research- and for such a position the pay is phenomenal considering a RCG.
    Just take it- no one can match their benefits.

Process TD Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I had an on campus interview with Intel for a Process TD Engineer position in Phoenix, AZ. The interview was were easy, no behavioral questions, and all I did was to explain my research stuff. I guess what they were trying to see was that if I could communicate effectively.

Interview Questions
    • Just routine technical stuff from my research. Not very deep questions though. Not challenging in any ways.   Answer Question

Process T D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Got a Call from Hiring manager and then onsite interview. Almost 10 hrs of interview.

TD Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Telephone interview; I am a physicist and an electrical engineer; No lab experience in micro fabrication. Regular questions regarding my PhD research and work experience. I thought it went Ok!

TD Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

My friend referred me to hiring manager in Intel, Chandler. I got phone interview with him later. The conversation includes several part:
    1. He talks about his group and the position.
    2. He let me talk about my project.
    3. I had several questions for him.
    4. Behavior questions: why you step into semiconductor field? What's your strength and weakness.

I am still waiting for his decision if I can get on-site interview chance.

Interview Questions
    • None. But I did not expect the manager will ask me about my strength and weakness in phone interview. This is my first interview and I have long way to go for preparation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

I am through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – After the internal referral, phone interview was followed for 30 mins. Quite basic questions are on the basis of CV. Have onsite interview with 6 individual group leads and one hour group presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions are not related to my background   Answer Question
    No negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2012.

Got a phone call for initial screening and was invited to an onsite interview on a short notice. They had invited 3 other candidates with me. Interview started at 8AM and went on till 4PM. All of us were asked to sit down in different conference rooms and we were interviewed by 8 interviewers one by one (by the hiring manager, two other managers, a second level manager and a few team mates) we were mostly asked behavioral questions and they asked to support all the answers by our own real life experiences. All the questions were very unexpected. We were also asked to give a half an hour presentation on our projects/thesis in front of all the interviewers and judged on the basis of our presentation skills.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think the project managers keep talking about the projects which they worked on in the past and were scrapped before completion? Did it happen to you in your previous job? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Were you given credit for someone else's job by your previous manager? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What is the most annoying thing about engineering?   Answer Question