Intel Corporation Product Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Step-1.
Phone screening for about 35-40 mins (Questions about MOSFETs, Probability, Statistics and projects on Resume)

Step-2.
I was invited for the on-site interviews (4 tech rounds, detailed questions on Logic, semiconductor physics, HDLs, ddesigning)

After a week I was notified about offer by an e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Solve given logic circuits, design regulator (block diagram), complete HDL code, HDL synthesis etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a hiring manager reaching out to me to coordinate a phone interview, the actual phone interview/screening that lasted for about 30 minutes, and the on-site interview. This hiring manager was not the actual hiring manager for the position I interviewed for when I was brought in for the on-site interview. The entire face-to-face interview was for 3-1/2 hours where I spoke with 5 Intel employees that included the actual hiring manager, hardware and software engineers, and a management staff member.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fair and based on my experience and what they look for in candidates. Since I was fairly well-prepared for both the phone and on-site interviews, I answered all the questions with confidence. As (I) expected for engineering interviews, some of the questions involved (a) processes in test and manufacturing environments, (b) test methods, (c) electrical diagrams, and (d) situational and behavioral questions.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I was interviewed through phone for Product Development Engineer Intern position. The main idea of the interview was mainly regarding technical questions in computer architecture and programming topics and see if I was able to work and communicate it through.

Make sure to review your truth table, logic gates, and programming concepts that you have lost touched on for any software engineering positions.

Unfortunately, few weeks later, the group lost their funding so they couldn't hire interns.

Overall, it was a great experience and I enjoyed the interview with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Simplify (~a)b+abc+b(~c)? Clear register bits using OR/XOR. Programming in C questions.   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple. Was contacted by a recruiter. He arranged for a 1 hour phone interview with a hiring manager. After that I was invited to the corporate campus for an interview consisting of 8 30-minute long interviews with various engineers and managers. A week after the interview, I was informed that they had selected another candidate, which I do appreciate. I was also given feedback by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Part of the problem with Intel's interview style is that you tend to get asked the same questions over and over by different people who didn't have a chance to hear you answer previously. Also 30 minutes per person isn't really enough time to get to know one another   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview

Gave resume to recruiter and it was forwarded to hiring manager. Only had 1 interview. Interview most behavioral for about 30 minutes and then technical for about 30 minutes. Technical questions were mostly digital logic basics ( describe a CMOS inverter, what is the truth table for exclusive OR gate, ) and c++ basics (what is the ++ operator for, create an algorithm that finds the number of prime numbers between 0 and a given input) and then a riddle at the end. Heard back in a couple of weeks with an offer. Only downside was that the offer was only for 6 months and not for a summer

Interview Questions

• You're trapped in a room with 3 switches for 10 minutes. There are 3 light bulbs outside the room , but you don't know which switch corresponds to which light bulb. What do you do in the 10 minutes you're in the room to figure out which switch corresponds to which light bulb when you walk out?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone screen. I had interned before so not sure if that was why it was easier. They asked me simple V=IR questions, some C++ easy question trying to figure out what a particular function did, and I think identifying a logic gate's function (it was an AND gate). Also they asked some unix command - what does the following command do (it was the find command with a list of arguments)

Interview Questions

• Hardest was probably figuring out what a peice of code did since variable names were not descriptive (it was just var1, var2)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just made me an offer and I took it

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Questions on C, C++, Digital circuits, infant mortality rate, Vol-Voh and Vil-Vih related questions, some behavioral questions.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview

was completely based on the job description and i could answer almost all questions .
    behavioral round was tricky . i realized not to neglect this part .
     even tough i am not selected i am satisfied with my performance . got reply in june 2012

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview Process Started off with a phone interview in late April.
    Interviewer asked a series questions on
    1: DFT Techniques
    2: PERL/TK
    3: PCI Express
    I was able to answer all questions satisfactorily.

I was shortlisted for FM Rush Interviews in Early June.

The Interview consisted of 3 rounds of technical questions and behavioral from Senior Technical staff.

First round basically consisted of DFT Basics and How I can perform SCAN techniques on different chips and some behavioral questions.
    Second Round consisted of technical questions related to various lab bench testing devices like Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers and Functional waveform generators. The interviewer also asked some questions on various projects I have done in my Master's relating to the use of lab equipment and a few questions regarding Jitter an eye patterns were asked.
    Third Round concerned with device physics, basic circuit design questions and in-depth analysis of some of my projects was done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR Staffing consultant and was asked to send my resume if I was interested. I sent my resume and was then contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for an hour and was then invited for their onsite interview. It was an event called RUSH which consisted of 5 hour interview by 9 people from 3 different teams. I got the result after 3 days.

Interview Questions

• You are from Communications background. Why are you interested in this job position?   1 Answer