Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 15, 2014

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2014.

I gave 3 phone call interviews:
First round:
Tell me about yourself. Then he asked me to explain one project from my resume. Then he started telling me information about their team and what they do. They were working on NAND Flash tech. Then he asked me about difference between SSD and harddisk., where exactly ssd is used.
Second round:
This round was with manager. He repeated same questions. Only different question was:
Expalin me working of CPU and memory as if you are explaining some dumb person.

Third round:
This one was somewhat lengthy almost 45 minutes. First 2 were just 25-30 mins. He started reviewing my skills that I had put on my resume. He spent 10 mins on pipeline, stalling forwarding. Then he asked me setup/hold time questions. Then difference between RISC and CISC. Flip flop vs latch. comb Vs seq. why do we use pmos and nmos in transmission gate?

This all happened in 4-5 days and they took 2 weeks to gave me decision.

Interview Questions
  • Expalin me working of CPU and memory as if you are explaining some dumb person.   Answer Question

Manager wanted me to continue for 9 months which was not possible in my case as I was graduating within 4 months.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

I was an intern last year for 3 months in a different group. So, they know my working style and commitment. The internship can be best described as 'devil is in the details' and your best bet to ask your coworkers to complete a given task rather than your manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the physics of the problem with a thermomechanical load on a chip. What alloy type (solder) needs to be considered?   View Answer
    Order of negotiation:
    1. Base pay (My current pay was what they offered before negotiation)
    2. Incentive %

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

This is an rcg position. A hiring manager I met at a university career fair forwarded my resume and i got an onsite straight. flew in the first day, went to interviews on the second day and flew back on the third. 30min 1 on 1 interviews plus presentation. got to take half a day off to check out the city. most questions relates to my thesis, with one behavioral question thrown in at the very end (picked from a list of questions). overall very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of the mistakes you made in your thesis research.   Answer Question
    • what problems did you run into in your research and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2012.

First a phone interview, asked a lot of technical questions about basic semiconductor device physics. Then received on-site interview invitation. Gave a 45min presentation first, then met 6 engineers in a row. 1hr per person. Half behavior questions and half technical questions. Mostly focused on your PhD research. Got a call the next day offering the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the physical meaning of threshold voltage of a transistor? How to define it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

One phone interview, followed by on-site interview. 6 rounds of interview by various teams in the same department. Questions mostly from previous work experience, projects done in Graduate school. Every round had Questions testing soft skills. Questions about basic cmos logic, pipelining, cache architecture.

Interview Questions
    Not really, just got a signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

8 hour day, consisting of 1 hour PhD defense presentation, 5 1 hour 1:1 interviews, lunch, and an information session. People are nice, atmosphere is positive. Asked both technical and behavioral questions.

Reliability Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

First step is on-campus interview. And then I was invited to Oregon for on-site interview. First I give one hour phd talk and then met with 5 people for 1:1 interview. They asked some questions about behavior and technology. It is really good interview experience. They are looking for people who can cooperate with the other people since this job needs lots to work with the other group.