Intel Corporation Research Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.5

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

I need to meet several interviewers by one by one in a meeting room where I can use a white board to answer their question. Each interviewer has different strong background especially for WiFi standard, signal processing, wireless communication, and programming. Between interviews, there is a lunch meeting with my manager.

Interview Questions

• Draw and explain a (general) wireless communication system.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by all day on-site interviews. No tour of the facility. The first thing I was told upon being greeted was about a new hiring freeze that was just announced, but the R&D would likely be exempt from this. It was exempt and an offer was later made based on this interview, but it was not the best way to start the morning. The day consisted of a series of 1-on-1 interviews with about 8-10 different people as well as a 1-hour presentation of my research and an interview over lunch. People seemed happy with their jobs and the company but kept jokingly referring to their Blackberries as "the leash" (recent switch from pagers?) and commenting on the Oregon weather. The interview was for a number of possible positions not any one specific description. Good benefits, good salary offer, 1 month sabbatical every 5 years in addition to normal vacation time, great location...(despite the weather).

Interview Questions

The job is for an engineer to learn and become an expert in one step (production machine) of the multi-step process used to make chips. One is then on call-24-7 (with some cover or overlap) and you essentially run pre-set experiments (planned by others) most days of the year until your turn comes up to have everyone else run your experimental parameters for a set amount of time. More process development based vs. fundamental research.