Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

Updated Jun 22, 2015

Junior QA Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

face 2 face interview through kelly IT.
    two interview panel. They ask me to write code and then discuss my Experience. And in 2nd room again ask me to write code and below questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Write program code in any language about grading system.
      Q: swap the value without using temp variable
      Q: what is difference between linear and binary search.
      Q: Explain Linklist.

1 Answer

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied trough my friend. After 3 months, I got a call for phone call interview (1hr). I answered all the questions. Next day, I got confirmation for Onsite Interview. I had 10 days to prepare. After 2 days, I got the confirmation.

Interview Questions

• Phone call Interview:
      Physical Design Flow.
      What problems did you face ?
      How to remove Setup violation ?
      How to remove Hold violation ?

Unix commands:
      ls, cp, grep
      what is the command to check processes running ?
      How to run process in background ?
      softlink command
      how to check disk usage ?

Perl questions:
      chop vs chomp
      array, hash, default scalar sign.
      what is th difference between array and hash when we do indexing ?

Logic:
      he gave me one boolean exp to solve.
      latch vs flop
      sram vs dram ? which one is volatile?
      D FF using MUX
      D FF operation

Comp Arch:
      pipeline ? cache ? virtual memory ? TLB ?
      what is the set size for fully associative cache ? Direct associative ? he had given me configuration.

Verilog:
      blocking vs nonblocking
      initial block ? always ?
      FSM for 0101. moore vs mealy ?(mealy is prone to glitches. This is what he wanted to hear)
      verilog code for DFF.

Physical:
      electromigration. setup. hold time, skew ?
      effect of length, width, thickness on resistance.
      effect of temp, voltage on Delay.

Onsite:
      First round: she was also Trojan :-) (USC Fight On)
      tell me about urself. why this transition ? (undergrad in Elec&tele, job in software and MS in EE)
      Physical Design flow ?
      what to do to remove setup violation? Hold violation ? sizing, MOS structure, VI curve, effect of voltage on delay, temp on delay ?
      problem on setup and hold using delay values.
      power minimization techniques.
      She was going in depth. Thats it.

Second round:
      Unix commands: how to find .txt files, copy files from one directory to another.
      find files with particular string.
      how to execute unix commands in perl script ? (ANS: use exec before each unix command and done)
      use strict ?
      what is tht #! usr/bin/perl we write at the start of program ?
      C vs perl ?
      Read the file(set up vioations). there are 1000 lines in that file. Print 5 worst delays.
      array vs linked list with respect to memory allocation.
      pipeline ? stages ? which CPU is better ? 1GHz vs 2 GHz.

Third round:
      Physical design flow.
      behavioral:
      situation when you had conflict with your friend. how you handled situation.
      how you divide work while working in group.
      how will you avoid conflict ? (Divide work)
      how you do finish work before deadline?
      when you start working on something, you get some problems, you solve it then how do you avoid same mistake in future.(I will note it down. he wanted to hear this)
      skew, seup time, hold time.

Fourth round:
      Physical Design Flow, synthesis steps, APR steps, problems related to setup and skew.

Answer Question

Graphics Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Asked a lot about verilog, system verilog, Unix and perl scripting.
    Also focused on circuit design concepts and fundamentals in VLSI design, comp arch, HDVL. Was a very good interview. The manager gave a lot of time for me to think through and I felt very comfortable. Brush up on verilog and system verilog before giving the interview.

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

applied online,phone screen,1:1,Highly technical screen for development position.Mostly programming questions.iam listing few here.Remaining were all c programs and c++ programs with situational questions.They offered,but i had validation engineer opportunity that i liked and accepted .

Interview Questions

• Memory Leak?How do you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Inline Function?difference between inline function and Macros?   Answer Question
    • Linked list,how do u retrieve 5th element from end of the list?how do u write testcase for this ?   Answer Question
    • what is Smart Pointer?what is the function?   Answer Question
    • Inheritance,Polymorphism?,copy constructor?Scope resolution,derived class vs base class?access specifiers,queues,datastructures,programs,write a function?   Answer Question

Validation is my line of experience and interest.The job position is specific to Driver development,video codec etc.

R&D Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Total interview time was about 3 weeks. Initial interest call with manager lead to onsite interview. They paid for travel costs and scheduled the meeting with 6 interviewers. Overall a very long process but the employees were very easy to get along with.

Lunch break is included. While it technically is still an interview, it's very casual. However, eat neatly and mind manners.

Interview Questions

• Various software design questions which describe projects worked on and how the pieces fit together.   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult project you work on with others. Were there any difficult decisions or disagreements?   1 Answer
    • Technical interview involved testing coding knowledge on buffers, queues, and dealing with efficiency and complexity in software design.   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Step-1.
    Phone screening for about 35-40 mins (Questions about MOSFETs, Probability, Statistics and projects on Resume)

Step-2.
    I was invited for the on-site interviews (4 tech rounds, detailed questions on Logic, semiconductor physics, HDLs, ddesigning)

After a week I was notified about offer by an e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Solve given logic circuits, design regulator (block diagram), complete HDL code, HDL synthesis etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

I got referred by an acquaintance to the Windows OS team at Folsom. The overall interview process was around 3-4 weeks. I had an initial round of phone interview which concentrated on general operating system concepts.

I was invited for an onsite interview at Folsom, CA. It was the worst experience that I have had in an interview. I think that the decision regarding hiring was made well before actually even interviewing me. There were 7 rounds of technical interviews. First round was good with generic discussion about my projects, operating system concepts etc. Second round was by an engineer with no proper communication skills, he was rude, unwilling to hear to my approach to problems. This was supossed to be a x86 coding round when I had no where listed that on my resume.

Most of the rounds were primarily concentrated on computer architecture when I had very limited knowledge on the same. The interviewers seems very inconsiderate of the fact that I was a computer science student and not a CE student.

The lunch interview was a pain, right from the moment we left the meeting room, till we came back the interviewer was constantly asking questions, with very limited time given to even have my food. I was expected to code on paper even the lunch interview round which seemed pretty insane to me.

The worst part was the same team at Hillborough had no CE questions at all that were asked while interviewing the candiates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between pentium 4 pipeline and RISC pipeline. What is the first instruction that the CPU executes. Write the PIN diagram of 8086 processor.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was via email. Which lead to an initial phone screening/interview. Then 3 days later I had two phone interviews for two different departments. The first interview was more about professional development, different situations at work and how to work through adversity, and also touching base on how overcome obstacles with limited resources. The second interview was more technical and asking alot about previous projects, coding style, lab experience, and asked about tradeoffs and benefits to different designs in computers and processors.

Interview Questions

• What do I want from working for Intel? What exactly do I see myself contributing to?   Answer Question

Start date was too soon.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was able to sign up for this interview through on campus recruitment at a California State University. The interview started with competency questions involving finance and accounting. What is a good value for NPV? Then went on to what type of analysis you would do when choosing between alternatives. And how you would address the general manager to what changes need to be implemented. Lastly, typical personal questions of overcoming and taking leadership. And about how you use creativity in work experience to make a decision and implement.

Interview Questions

• How to respond to the general manager who tells you to expense the amount needed over budget.   1 Answer

Client Side Server Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very smooth and easy. Basic questions on Hardware, computer architecture and Operating systems which I believe everyone should know. The hardware questions involved knowledge of lab instruments like oscilloscopes , probes, and kernal debugger than asking about actual logic/chip design