Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 15, 2014

108 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I got referred by an acquaintance to the Windows OS team at Folsom. The overall interview process was around 3-4 weeks. I had an initial round of phone interview which concentrated on general operating system concepts.

I was invited for an onsite interview at Folsom, CA. It was the worst experience that I have had in an interview. I think that the decision regarding hiring was made well before actually even interviewing me. There were 7 rounds of technical interviews. First round was good with generic discussion about my projects, operating system concepts etc. Second round was by an engineer with no proper communication skills, he was rude, unwilling to hear to my approach to problems. This was supossed to be a x86 coding round when I had no where listed that on my resume.

Most of the rounds were primarily concentrated on computer architecture when I had very limited knowledge on the same. The interviewers seems very inconsiderate of the fact that I was a computer science student and not a CE student.

The lunch interview was a pain, right from the moment we left the meeting room, till we came back the interviewer was constantly asking questions, with very limited time given to even have my food. I was expected to code on paper even the lunch interview round which seemed pretty insane to me.

The worst part was the same team at Hillborough had no CE questions at all that were asked while interviewing the candiates.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between pentium 4 pipeline and RISC pipeline. What is the first instruction that the CPU executes. Write the PIN diagram of 8086 processor.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2014.

Was able to sign up for this interview through on campus recruitment at a California State University. The interview started with competency questions involving finance and accounting. What is a good value for NPV? Then went on to what type of analysis you would do when choosing between alternatives. And how you would address the general manager to what changes need to be implemented. Lastly, typical personal questions of overcoming and taking leadership. And about how you use creativity in work experience to make a decision and implement.

Interview Questions
    • How to respond to the general manager who tells you to expense the amount needed over budget.   View Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2014.

I gave 3 phone call interviews:
    First round:
    Tell me about yourself. Then he asked me to explain one project from my resume. Then he started telling me information about their team and what they do. They were working on NAND Flash tech. Then he asked me about difference between SSD and harddisk., where exactly ssd is used.
    Second round:
    This round was with manager. He repeated same questions. Only different question was:
    Expalin me working of CPU and memory as if you are explaining some dumb person.

Third round:
    This one was somewhat lengthy almost 45 minutes. First 2 were just 25-30 mins. He started reviewing my skills that I had put on my resume. He spent 10 mins on pipeline, stalling forwarding. Then he asked me setup/hold time questions. Then difference between RISC and CISC. Flip flop vs latch. comb Vs seq. why do we use pmos and nmos in transmission gate?

This all happened in 4-5 days and they took 2 weeks to gave me decision.

Interview Questions
    • Expalin me working of CPU and memory as if you are explaining some dumb person.   Answer Question

Manager wanted me to continue for 9 months which was not possible in my case as I was graduating within 4 months.

Client Side Server Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

It was very smooth and easy. Basic questions on Hardware, computer architecture and Operating systems which I believe everyone should know. The hardware questions involved knowledge of lab instruments like oscilloscopes , probes, and kernal debugger than asking about actual logic/chip design

Core OS Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

I was contacted in March, 2014 by a recruiter. One Engineer called me and asked OS based questions such as semaphore, interrupt controller etc. Then he called for onsite right away. Onsite interview consisted of 6 interviews. I was asked about cache coherency protocols like MSI, MESI, their state diagrams and explain each transition. Other questions include bit manipulation, optimization of algorithms, codes, operating system concepts etc.

Interview Questions
    • optimization of algorithms, codes sometimes are bit challenging   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Only one round of Phone Interview followed by background check
    Started with general info..about the available date and how long you will be available.
    1.SRAM
    2. Projects in the Resume
    3. Question on MOSFET current equations
    4. Setup and Hold time of a Flip Flop and Latch.
    5. Improving the timing of the combination path between two flops.
    6 Time borrowing

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are expected and easy and are related the job role.   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I had an interview in February. It went really well, they seemed impressed by the questions i asked. After sending a thank you letter I was told i didn't get to job but, to reapply for the summer position.

I applied for summer, did a conference phone interview in March and was offered the position less than a week later!

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was difficult because people were all talking at once or quickly.   Answer Question

Mask Layout Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Extremely professional and efficient. Questions were spot-on, all interviewers were on time and on target. Opportunity to exhibit expertise well supported. Great management, great people, great company.

Interview Questions
    Very simple and satisfying.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

gang interviews. Looking for qualification that you'd already have to be in the group to have. Group seemed to have an undefined charter yet were expecting specifics in employees. Not very well organized, no real strive to impress.

group seemed overworked

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Had a phone interview with many small questions related to computer architecture, operating systems and programming. Then offered onsite interview.

Onsite interview was with 5 different people. Each kind of tried to cover different topics. Again questions came from computer architecture (i/o, memory hierarchy etc.), operating systems (cache consistency, virtual memory etc.), programming (c,c++,assembly). Last interviewer asked more general questions what would you do if you were in this case, what do you think about future of computers etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not about being difficult but they kind of tried to focus on and ask about things that I haven't mentioned in my resume or told them on phone interview such as virtualization, assembly programming etc. If you were looking for someone who already have experience with all of those you shouldn't have invited me for onsite. Or at least do not take them into account and look whether I can learn them or not.   Answer Question