Intel Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is somewhat of a joke. Compared to Google/Microsoft/etc. it is incredibly easy. I had zero programming questions though talking with coworkers this is not the norm. Some of my coworkers got questions such as implement Fibonacci. Most interested in asking questions about drivers/OS primitives (semaphores, threading, etc.)

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't take initial offer. They will low ball you.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer
Folsom, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – I first started off as an Intern in the Firmware Team doing NvMe products. At the conclusion of my internship, the management was satisfied with my level of performance and directly offered me a full-time firmware engineer position in the same team.

Further I moved to another team within Intel doing Mobile devices. The interview was a brief technical summary of my previous position followed by a series of Operating systems, Driver development related questions. I was hired after that interview into my current position.

Interview Question – Nothing which I could not deal with   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was too excited. Never negotiated.

Client Side Server Support Interview

Client Side Server Support
Folsom, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was very smooth and easy. Basic questions on Hardware, computer architecture and Operating systems which I believe everyone should know. The hardware questions involved knowledge of lab instruments like oscilloscopes , probes, and kernal debugger than asking about actual logic/chip design

Engineering Technician Interview

Engineering Technician
Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – gang interviews. Looking for qualification that you'd already have to be in the group to have. Group seemed to have an undefined charter yet were expecting specifics in employees. Not very well organized, no real strive to impress.

Interview Question – psych questions are stupid   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – group seemed overworked

Intern Interview

Intern
Folsom, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2013.

Interview Details – Usually they conduct one (or sometimes two) quick phone interviews (in case of internships). If you apply online for a lot of positions, probably you can hope to get one or two interviews. They will ask for a convenient date and time and setup a phone interview.

Interview Question – How to design a (x2) frequency multiplier (not a frequency divider). Another tough problem was to find whether a circuit meets setup/ hold time requirements (that circuit also had a latch in between two flipflops)   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Folsom, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview process, was recommended by a friend and the job was right up my alley. Mostly behavioral interview but some skills based "test type" questions. More words here to meet the minimum.

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation possible other than start date.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Folsom, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – Frequently has hiring freezes. The frequency and duration has increased in the last 5 to 8 years. Don't expect hiring to happen quickly. Company likes to promote and grow from within, albeit most engineers are more likely to be silo'd into the same position for >3 years.

Interview Question – College Rush candidates should prepare for the gauntlet of tests. Often abstract problem solving questions are particularly used and are tough. For example... you are standing in a boat holding a rock. You throw the rock into the water. Does the boat sit higher or lower in the water.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really isn't much of a negotiation. They have a paint-by-the-numbers formula for pay and benefits. Based mostly on years of experience, degree level. If you're experienced, but don't have a degree you're lucky to get the job. And if you didn't go to a big-name college don't expect the degree you have to count for too much towards starting salary and bonus target.

WHQL Tech Interview

WHQL Tech
Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – This company seems to know what they want. They also know how to qualify a candidate and show that they don't have to waste weeks of time and several interviews to make a decision. The interview process was handled entirely on the phone and in under 15 minutes. In person interviews are rarely required when you can ask questions that clarify that a resume is valid.

Interview Question – They asked me if I knew how to perform specific functions. I was a little surprised to think that someone might even be applying for the position that didn't know enough to know the answers here. Although I have been places where I have seen first hand that some people got a job that should not have. Intel seems a very intelligent employer. There were no trick questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Brief. It was handled before the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Folsom, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Was selected in RUSH hiring event which is for recent college graduates. Since I had graphics courses in my resume, I was called by 3 different teams for interviewing on the same day for graphics software engineer positions. One of the teams finally selected me :)

Interview Question – No such question comes to my mind. Since I was applying for graphics developer positions, most of the questions were focused around graphics pipeline.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the first offer. I did not negotiate.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Folsom, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I had an interview in February. It went really well, they seemed impressed by the questions i asked. After sending a thank you letter I was told i didn't get to job but, to reapply for the summer position.

I applied for summer, did a conference phone interview in March and was offered the position less than a week later!

Interview Question – The phone interview was difficult because people were all talking at once or quickly.   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!