Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

R&D Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Total interview time was about 3 weeks. Initial interest call with manager lead to onsite interview. They paid for travel costs and scheduled the meeting with 6 interviewers. Overall a very long process but the employees were very easy to get along with.

Lunch break is included. While it technically is still an interview, it's very casual. However, eat neatly and mind manners.

Interview Questions

• Various software design questions which describe projects worked on and how the pieces fit together.   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult project you work on with others. Were there any difficult decisions or disagreements?   1 Answer
    • Technical interview involved testing coding knowledge on buffers, queues, and dealing with efficiency and complexity in software design.   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Step-1.
    Phone screening for about 35-40 mins (Questions about MOSFETs, Probability, Statistics and projects on Resume)

Step-2.
    I was invited for the on-site interviews (4 tech rounds, detailed questions on Logic, semiconductor physics, HDLs, ddesigning)

After a week I was notified about offer by an e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Solve given logic circuits, design regulator (block diagram), complete HDL code, HDL synthesis etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

I got referred by an acquaintance to the Windows OS team at Folsom. The overall interview process was around 3-4 weeks. I had an initial round of phone interview which concentrated on general operating system concepts.

I was invited for an onsite interview at Folsom, CA. It was the worst experience that I have had in an interview. I think that the decision regarding hiring was made well before actually even interviewing me. There were 7 rounds of technical interviews. First round was good with generic discussion about my projects, operating system concepts etc. Second round was by an engineer with no proper communication skills, he was rude, unwilling to hear to my approach to problems. This was supossed to be a x86 coding round when I had no where listed that on my resume.

Most of the rounds were primarily concentrated on computer architecture when I had very limited knowledge on the same. The interviewers seems very inconsiderate of the fact that I was a computer science student and not a CE student.

The lunch interview was a pain, right from the moment we left the meeting room, till we came back the interviewer was constantly asking questions, with very limited time given to even have my food. I was expected to code on paper even the lunch interview round which seemed pretty insane to me.

The worst part was the same team at Hillborough had no CE questions at all that were asked while interviewing the candiates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between pentium 4 pipeline and RISC pipeline. What is the first instruction that the CPU executes. Write the PIN diagram of 8086 processor.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was via email. Which lead to an initial phone screening/interview. Then 3 days later I had two phone interviews for two different departments. The first interview was more about professional development, different situations at work and how to work through adversity, and also touching base on how overcome obstacles with limited resources. The second interview was more technical and asking alot about previous projects, coding style, lab experience, and asked about tradeoffs and benefits to different designs in computers and processors.

Interview Questions

• What do I want from working for Intel? What exactly do I see myself contributing to?   Answer Question

Start date was too soon.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was able to sign up for this interview through on campus recruitment at a California State University. The interview started with competency questions involving finance and accounting. What is a good value for NPV? Then went on to what type of analysis you would do when choosing between alternatives. And how you would address the general manager to what changes need to be implemented. Lastly, typical personal questions of overcoming and taking leadership. And about how you use creativity in work experience to make a decision and implement.

Interview Questions

• How to respond to the general manager who tells you to expense the amount needed over budget.   1 Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I gave 3 phone call interviews:
    First round:
    Tell me about yourself. Then he asked me to explain one project from my resume. Then he started telling me information about their team and what they do. They were working on NAND Flash tech. Then he asked me about difference between SSD and harddisk., where exactly ssd is used.
    Second round:
    This round was with manager. He repeated same questions. Only different question was:
    Expalin me working of CPU and memory as if you are explaining some dumb person.

Third round:
    This one was somewhat lengthy almost 45 minutes. First 2 were just 25-30 mins. He started reviewing my skills that I had put on my resume. He spent 10 mins on pipeline, stalling forwarding. Then he asked me setup/hold time questions. Then difference between RISC and CISC. Flip flop vs latch. comb Vs seq. why do we use pmos and nmos in transmission gate?

This all happened in 4-5 days and they took 2 weeks to gave me decision.

Interview Questions

• Expalin me working of CPU and memory as if you are explaining some dumb person.   Answer Question

Manager wanted me to continue for 9 months which was not possible in my case as I was graduating within 4 months.

Client Side Server Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very smooth and easy. Basic questions on Hardware, computer architecture and Operating systems which I believe everyone should know. The hardware questions involved knowledge of lab instruments like oscilloscopes , probes, and kernal debugger than asking about actual logic/chip design

Core OS Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted in March, 2014 by a recruiter. One Engineer called me and asked OS based questions such as semaphore, interrupt controller etc. Then he called for onsite right away. Onsite interview consisted of 6 interviews. I was asked about cache coherency protocols like MSI, MESI, their state diagrams and explain each transition. Other questions include bit manipulation, optimization of algorithms, codes, operating system concepts etc.

Interview Questions

• optimization of algorithms, codes sometimes are bit challenging   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

Only one round of Phone Interview followed by background check
    Started with general info..about the available date and how long you will be available.
    1.SRAM
    2. Projects in the Resume
    3. Question on MOSFET current equations
    4. Setup and Hold time of a Flip Flop and Latch.
    5. Improving the timing of the combination path between two flops.
    6 Time borrowing

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are expected and easy and are related the job role.   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

I had an interview in February. It went really well, they seemed impressed by the questions i asked. After sending a thank you letter I was told i didn't get to job but, to reapply for the summer position.

I applied for summer, did a conference phone interview in March and was offered the position less than a week later!

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was difficult because people were all talking at once or quickly.   Answer Question