Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Apr 16, 2015

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring managers at a college career fair. Talked to them and then also applied online. After a while I got an email confirming they received my application and then a phone call after. I traveled to their headquarters and then went through the interview process. Overall it was pretty easy, no reason to be worried.

Bluetooth Physical Layer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole on-site interview was disorganized and chaotic. First, I was made to wait over 30 mins in the freezing lobby in mid-Nov before the hiring manager showed up. From that point every interview was delayed. 2 out of 6 interviewers did not show up and apparently there was no prior communication about this. This forced the other interviewers to just sit around and make small talk with me for over an hour. The interviewers that showed up confessed that my experience and education was way different from theirs and hardly asked anything technical. I was surprised given that the Hiring Manager had obviously seen my resume before inviting me.There was really only one technical interview which I thought I did quite well. But after the interviews there was no feedback for a month until I emailed HR who replied back with a curt "thanks but we hired someone else". Overall a very negative experience and one I didn't expect from a respected company like Intel.

Interview Questions

• A few basic questions on Digital and wireless communications, estimation theory, random processes etc. Mostly questions based on work I had done before.   Answer Question

Intel Corporation Response

Apr 21, 2015Talent Branding Solutions Manager

Thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. I want to apologize for the negative interview experience you had at Intel. While we strive as a company to provide a great ... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Be as proactive as u can. Talk to people, ask for an interview with the hiring manager, talk to his staff/admin, find what are looking for before going to the formal interview. Come prepared with at least 3 STAR examples. Prepare GREAT questions to ask. Follow up with personal handwritten notes of thanks.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went thru two phone & two on-site 1:1 interviews including the hiring manager. Took 2 weeks to start first interview. No duplicate questions (seemed to be a good role play) and required good speech/presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize internal conflicts or conclude a situation where your manager and his/her manager has different agenda?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was very impressed that the process moved so fast. No delays. The whole process took a fraction of the time it would take at other big companies. Had two rounds of phone interviews then was called onsite. At the onsite interview I had 7 rounds of interviews, one hour each. The first was with senior manager and focused on behavioral, goals questions and then basic questions from what I had written on my resume. The next 5 were technical. I was tested on C, Java because that was what I said I was most comfortable with. Questions ranged from knowledge of the language e.g questions about how the garbage collector in java works, to coding questions on trees, pointers, recursion, string manipulation, arrays etc. Some interviewers also asked computer architecture questions e.g. caches, superscalar processor design etc... The last meeting was with project manager. Asked few questions concerning whether I liked group members and projects being worked on.

All in all the interviewers were very focused, professional, bright and helpful. It felt more like an interesting intellectual conversation than an interview.

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I came from another city for the interview, though I was in the same state. Intel was cheap about the whole affair. They didn't want to pay for an overnight stay in even a motel, nor for a rental car. They insisted on a same day interview, which meant I had to catch a 6am flight to make it in time. I paid for the parking at airport and the taxi going and coming back to airport. It came to over $70 with tips. Intel sent me a $60 "gift card", which was better than nothing, but rather low class in the end.

I arrived nearly 1.5 hours early for the interview and they kept me waiting without so much as offering me coffee or water.
    I interviewed with groups of two to three paralegals and one attorney, for a total of about 8 people.
    Overall I was disappointed. They disparaged the company for being "cheap" on computer equipment, work accommodations ("We are all cube rats here"), paying for work-related travel, etc. They didn't really "sell" the positives of working there, either for the company nor in their group.

They seem to farm most of the real work out to outside counsel and they bog themselves down in the minutiae of over analyzing every issue and running it by other team members, which probably means it takes forever for them to get anything done.

Interview Questions

• I got asked them same scenario questions over and over by each subsequent group, "What do you do if you have an irate business unit client that demands their work is given top priorirty", etc., etc. It wasn't "difficult" to answer, it just makes me wonder why there wasn't better coordination regarding the questions being asked of applicants, so there would not be duplication of effort.   Answer Question

Senior Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Found position and applied on Intel web site. Was pleasantly surprised when contacted directly by hiring manager. Had 3 phone interviews with couple peers and the Director for my group. This went fairly quickly over the course of a couple of weeks. Had one on-site interview with the hiring manager. No other in person interviews as this position was for a new function that was an "experiment" (red flag for later!). Got an offer immediately after on-site interview.

Turns out this job was very undefined, and was not exactly what was in the description, or the hiring managers expectations. In a way I was not a good fit. But I actually took some classes (on my own time and dime) to get up to speed on the technical aspects, which helped greatly.

Interview Questions

• Explain how my past experience was relevant to this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter stepped in with offer and back and forth.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Got through Employee Referral. One phone interview and then one on-site. Phone interview had questions to test my knowledge about the work that they have been doing and simple javascript questions. On-site: Discussed my previous projects and experience, algorithms questions and questions on frontend and puzzles.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I was hired as an intern then during internship interviewed for a fulltime position when graduated from college. Overall, this was the easiest software developer interview I had ever done. After 1 phone interview they brought me to their office. I then did 4 in-person interviews. 2 were technical and 2 were more business/soft skills/personality.

Interview Questions

• I reversed a string. They questioned on basic object-oriented design. Gave me a basic situation and asked for me to design an overall class diagram of objects and functions I would need.
      One interview asked me a difficult SQL question at the beginning, I wasn't able to answer correctly. They then said they were done because the next questions were harder and left the room, was extremely rude. Still got the job though, I never had to work with that person thankfully.

Answer Question

Negotiation

HR emailed me with offer. I tried to negotiate they said offer is not-negotiable.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Just kind of called out of the blue. They didnt really interview me on much just asked basic c questions. Kind of easy to tell you the truth. If you have taken any sort of class in c your golden.

Negotiation

Nothing.