Intel Corporation

Updated Jun 6, 2014
66 interviews

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

Phone Screen with HR
    On-site Interviews (3)

Interview Questions
    • Difficult technical finance questions eg calculate ROI of a project etc   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

Recruited from college - two interviews at school, then invited to on-site weekend. Weekend included dinner with other recruits and some managers, 4 45-minute interviews, and lunch with a current analyst to discuss culture and area.
    Process took a couple of months, but I was still in school. If you apply with experience, it probably wouldn't take as long.

Interview Questions
    • What financial controls would you put in place for a finance team at Intel?
      If you were CFO, what would be your top 3 priorities?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Pre-Si Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Had a phone interview with a verification engineer from intel, santa clara. The position was with servers group, so the questions were mostly on computer architecture like basic cache concepts, multilevel cache and cache coherence protocols. He also asked a few questions on pipelining. He then asked me to explain a few of my projects related to computer architecture. This was for the first 50 minutes. Then he started asking me questions on C++, algorithms, data structures and PERL. The entire interivew was for 1 hour and 30 mins.

Performance Analysis Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Technical Phone Interview on Comp Arch Questions

No negotiation for internships

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2010.

First round interview was on campus at University. It was a 30 minute interview with a mid-level manager with a mix of behavioral and technology strategy questions. I was informed about a 2nd round phone screen a few days later. The phone screen was with a senior HR manager and completely behavioral. For the final round, I attended a rush event at the HQ office where I went through multiple rounds of 2-on-1 interviews with a mix of senior business and technical managers.

Interview Questions
    • What risks have you taken in your life - personal or career?   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation as initial offer was attractive and consistent across everyone accepted into the program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2008.

Several rounds of interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2008.

There was an opening, but no one was really interested in filling the position with a really qualified candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

the 1:1 was more like a 2:1, but they were both very intense, one guy didn't say or ask anything, it seemed as if he was observing the interviewer. The interview or the guy asking the questions was very nice and made me comfortable. He had a few technical questions and mostly behavioral questions

Logic Verification Engineer (RCG) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Interviewed over the phone for position with Intel, Santa Clara. Most phone screen are asked from a set list, available by a simple Google search "Intel Interview Questions". The on-site interview consists of 5 interviews, 4 technical, 1 with the group manager. The technical questions were more difficult than those asked during the phone interview.
    Schedule
    10:00am to 11:00am – Circuit Fundamentals (logic design, speed considerations based on physical layout)
    11:00am to noon – Logic/Validation (*Strayed from topics during this interview, interviewer seemed preoccupied)
    Lunch
    1:00pm to 2:00pm – Computer Architecture & Logic verification (Logic testing, cache layout/controllers)
    2:00pm to 3:00pm – Basic unix commands, tools, scripts etc (Whiteboard "can you show me **** in VHDL/C/Unix")
    3:00pm to 4:00pm – Wrap-up (Strengths/weaknesses, interests, how would you handle A/B/C? )

Technical interviews are not difficult, most ECE or CS students will get through alright.

Aside from interviews, I found the on-site useful as I saw where and with whom I would be working. Generally dark, gray/white/blue color scheme, cubicles. Also, there is an Intel employee type. Good place for processor design careers.

Software Systems Quality Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2012.

This was my second interview with Intel and it was after I had the phone interview. This was a face-to-face interview with 4 people (members of the group which I was going to work with). They mostly asked programming questions. Mostly basic and fundamental stuff (in C) like pointer and the difference between '*' and '&'; call by value or call by reference; Array lists and loops were also among their questions. One of them reviewed my resume carefully and came from top to the bottom and asked questions in all the sections and where it was necessary. About my projects and work experiences.
    I couldn't answer most of the programming questions because I am not a professional programmer and it has been years since I did some coding.
    I'm still waiting for their answer!

Interview Questions
    • If we have a string of 7 characters and we can put from 'a' to 'z' in any of these places, write a program which its output is from 'aaaaaaa' to 'zzzzzzz'.   View Answer

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!