Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 25, 2014

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

Phone Screen with HR
    On-site Interviews (3)

Interview Questions
    • Difficult technical finance questions eg calculate ROI of a project etc   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Software Systems Quality Assurance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2012.

This was my second interview with Intel and it was after I had the phone interview. This was a face-to-face interview with 4 people (members of the group which I was going to work with). They mostly asked programming questions. Mostly basic and fundamental stuff (in C) like pointer and the difference between '*' and '&'; call by value or call by reference; Array lists and loops were also among their questions. One of them reviewed my resume carefully and came from top to the bottom and asked questions in all the sections and where it was necessary. About my projects and work experiences.
    I couldn't answer most of the programming questions because I am not a professional programmer and it has been years since I did some coding.
    I'm still waiting for their answer!

Interview Questions
    • If we have a string of 7 characters and we can put from 'a' to 'z' in any of these places, write a program which its output is from 'aaaaaaa' to 'zzzzzzz'.   View Answer

Senior RF Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I had several phone interviews and then invited for on-site. The phone interviews went well and I was reasonably interested to go for on-site, so I did. Around 12 people interviewed me through out the day and it was certainly exhausting. Most of the sessions were technical with some behavorial questions. Most people were really nice and polite. It is a new college grad position but I was asked questions which needed relevant industry experience to answer properly. I was clear about my qualifications and background before interviewing. I was nonetheless asked and grilled about topics I have nothing to do with. That was a little frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught your immediate supervisor doing something illegal?   View Answer

Job prospects did not excite me. The job seems more suited to MS level, not PhD.

Contract Software Engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

This was an on-site interview for a 6-month contract position. My resume had been forwarded by a recruiter. Although a contract position was not my primary objective, I wanted to get more practice interviewing and to see if the interviewing/hiring process for a temporary position would be different. The hiring manager came to fetch me in the lobby and apparently expected someone different as he had to ask the person at reception to point me out. We went to a small interview room, where he started asking me about my experience while reviewing my resume on his laptop. He soon cut me short to try to find group members to interview me, who arrived after a few minutes, upon which the hiring manager left. One of the two interviewers started with questions to determine better which level of the software stack I had been programming at, asked me for a block diagram, asked me to describe some of the APIs exported by the system I had worked with, etc. The interviewer tended to change the question midway through my answer, and this went on and on. He seemed impatient with the pace of my answers. The other engineer was reading from her laptop (my resume? her email?). After some minutes of being bombarded with questions without being able to answer any of them to completion, I paused and said maybe we should stop the interview. At that point, the questioner backed off a bit and his companion took over. We did some white board programming. They answered the few questions I had and left, whereupon the hiring manager returned and gave me a final white-board programming problem. Soon he was done and escorted me back to the entrance. The white-board programming questions were not too bad, but overall the experience was dreadful because of the way I was bombarded with questions by the one interviewer. Besides that, they were visibly not interested in me as a candidate. In my opinion they conveyed a terrible impression of the company. Furthermore, the layout of the building was unappealing: white walls, narrow hallways, small rooms. A nightmare that left me feeling trashed afterwards for the rest of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail the APIs (with parameters) and hardware components used to set up a video stream pipeline in a set-top box.   Answer Question

Supply/Demand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2012.

The interview process took up the whole day. There were four 1 on 1 interview sessions with the hiring managers where they asked behavioral style questions. there was also a case study where they gave me a sheet of data in which I was to interpret and make some calculations to support conclusions and suggestions. Overall it was a great interview experience, though it was intense and challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Has there ever been a time where you have had to question authority? How did you go about doing it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2008.

There was an opening, but no one was really interested in filling the position with a really qualified candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2008.

the 1:1 was more like a 2:1, but they were both very intense, one guy didn't say or ask anything, it seemed as if he was observing the interviewer. The interview or the guy asking the questions was very nice and made me comfortable. He had a few technical questions and mostly behavioral questions

Logic Verification Engineer (RCG) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Interviewed over the phone for position with Intel, Santa Clara. Most phone screen are asked from a set list, available by a simple Google search "Intel Interview Questions". The on-site interview consists of 5 interviews, 4 technical, 1 with the group manager. The technical questions were more difficult than those asked during the phone interview.
    Schedule
    10:00am to 11:00am – Circuit Fundamentals (logic design, speed considerations based on physical layout)
    11:00am to noon – Logic/Validation (*Strayed from topics during this interview, interviewer seemed preoccupied)
    Lunch
    1:00pm to 2:00pm – Computer Architecture & Logic verification (Logic testing, cache layout/controllers)
    2:00pm to 3:00pm – Basic unix commands, tools, scripts etc (Whiteboard "can you show me **** in VHDL/C/Unix")
    3:00pm to 4:00pm – Wrap-up (Strengths/weaknesses, interests, how would you handle A/B/C? )

Technical interviews are not difficult, most ECE or CS students will get through alright.

Aside from interviews, I found the on-site useful as I saw where and with whom I would be working. Generally dark, gray/white/blue color scheme, cubicles. Also, there is an Intel employee type. Good place for processor design careers.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

2 separate phone conversation. The first was with the engineering manager, 2nd was with an engineer in the group. Many technical questions were asked, but the 2nd person asked almost all the same questions as the first. The second interview seemed a bit pushy and more in-depth, but I think that's because I was getting the difficult questions right and he wanted to see how far I could go

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for intern positions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

I applied online and about 3 weeks later received an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was basically the manager talking about the position and asking some questions about my background and a few technical questions; this phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was immediately invited to do two technical phone interviews with team members, which I did the next day. The first technical phone interview was only about 25 minutes, and I was asked mostly general (although fairly difficult) C++ questions. The second technical phone interview was about 1 hour and was almost entirely architecture questions, several of which went quite in depth. About 2 hours later I was invited for an on-site interview.

About 2 weeks later I went to Santa Clara for the on-site interview. They flew me down on a Sunday, the interview was on Monday, and I left on Tuesday. The interview was about 5 hours. My first 1:1 interview was an hour long with a team member, and he mostly asked about various C++ and OOP topics. The second 1:1 interview was also an hour and mostly involved me writing code (C and assembly) on paper to solve a few problems. Next I had a half hour interview with the manager, who asked a few technical questions, but mostly told me about the benefits. Then was a 1:30 hour lunch with the team. After that I had a one hour discussion with a team member, which was fairly casual conversation about the position and team and area (no hard or technical questions). Finally I had another half hour interview with the manager and he mostly told me about what they were looking for and I tried to sell myself.

I was told t hey would let me know within one week. A week later I got a phone interview from HR offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • How can you exchange the value of two variables without using a third variable?   View Answers (2)
    • When would you want to use a linked list over an array? When wouldn't you want to use a linked list?   View Answer
    • In C++, what does the virtual keyword actually mean?   View Answer
    I did not attempt to negotiate the offer. The total compensation was pretty good, and I felt it would be difficult to negotiate for an entry level job.