Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.9

Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Technical questions and problems to solve. The problems were standard, i did not have any surprise questions. The interviewers were friendly, they needed a help in the team project. The result of interview was communicated promptly

Interview Questions

• Write the latch verilog code   1 Answer

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was no interview process as I had already done a DOT assignment for the position. This meant I had covered the position while the person was on sabbatical.

Interview Questions

• Position is open, you are our #1 choice, do you want the position?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, talked for 5 minutes about general stuff... my interests, what the position is about, the group at Intel. A week later I was notified that they would like me for an on-site interview in a week. At the on-site interview I met with 7 people during one morning... 8am-12pm. This being a Software Engineering position I expected at least some technical questions, but I received none! The only technical question was one casual "can you code?". To which I replied yes of course. Every interviewer asked me what I did for my PhD and we generally talked about my work. It seems that the most important thing for them was to determine whether I'll be a good fit with my vision, interests and prior experience. I would say personality is definitely another thing they look for even though you may not notice it. People in this group seemed pretty young and open minded... especially the group leader (boss). The position in itself wasn't really the "code in the trenches" kind and it has quite a bit of flexibility and requires creativity and novel approaches. Perhaps that's why they were more interested in the vision and interests than coding.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit to this group?   Answer Question
    • Questions about my PhD work where I had to justify my decisions. They were difficult because the questions were coming from a different perspective than I would typically meet in academia.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although they couldn't up-front the relocation expenses, they did offer a hiring bonus.

Graduate Intern Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by my prospective boss via e-mail within a week or so of responding to a solicitation for a specific internship on Intel's website, and we arranged a phone interview for later in the week. He was fairly punctual about calling me and was easy to talk to. The interview wasn't what I expected -- no technical questions were asked, he started immediately with asking me if I had any questions, and so I proceeded to ask some things about what kind of environment I would be working in, what the surrounding area is like, and what kind of work I would be doing. He was reluctant to tell me the actual nature of the project, so I didn't press it. He asked me a few questions along the way, such as what my future ambitions were. All told, it was about an hour. I heard back from him via e-mail a little less than two months later asking if I had any plans for the summer yet and that he had tentatively chosen someone that had done their graduate research in the exact area of the job (what are the odds, but then again, it's Intel) but was checking in on me as an alternate. I had already accepted another offer by that point, though.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Informal, found out who was the hiring manager and agreed directly about screening and interviews

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

For a contract position of 3+ months duration. Interview process was phone-only, consisted of talking to 3 department members for 1/2 hour each. No in-person interview needed due to good resume.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Contract employment agency had previously set a fixed rate.

Software Validation Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of no visit to Intel, just 2-3 phone interviews of 1/2 hour each with members of the group. Immediate hire. Hired by resume skills mostly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Temp job.

Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Got an email from a hiring manager about setting up an interview for an internship. Interviewed over the phone (a basic chat to see if the team was a good fit for me and my basic understanding of the job I would have to do) and got an email a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• No super technical questions. Just concept questions. No need to provide solutions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked me to talk about my previous work experience and the relevant coursework. I was also asked some basic technical questions related to C++. After this i was called for an onsite interview which had two rounds. One was technical where i was asked questions related to Embedded Systems and Operating Systems.After this it was similar to a HR round where I was supposed to answer how I reacted to various situations at my previous work place.

Interview Questions

• Differences between Mutex and Semaphore...What is a Spin lock ? ....When would you use each of these? ..Difference between Structure and Union...   Answer Question