Intel Corporation

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

Graduate Intern Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

I was contacted by my prospective boss via e-mail within a week or so of responding to a solicitation for a specific internship on Intel's website, and we arranged a phone interview for later in the week.

He was fairly punctual about calling me and was easy to talk to. The interview wasn't what I expected -- no technical questions were asked, he started immediately with asking me if I had any questions, and so I proceeded to ask some things about what kind of environment I would be working in, what the surrounding area is like, and what kind of work I would be doing. He was reluctant to tell me the actual nature of the project, so I didn't press it. He asked me a few questions along the way, such as what my future ambitions were. All told, it was about an hour.

I heard back from him via e-mail a little less than two months later asking if I had any plans for the summer yet and that he had tentatively chosen someone that had done their graduate research in the exact area of the job (what are the odds, but then again, it's Intel) but was checking in on me as an alternate. I had already accepted another offer by that point, though.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2011.

Contacted by a recruiter, talked for 5 minutes about general stuff... my interests, what the position is about, the group at Intel. A week later I was notified that they would like me for an on-site interview in a week. At the on-site interview I met with 7 people during one morning... 8am-12pm.

This being a Software Engineering position I expected at least some technical questions, but I received none! The only technical question was one casual "can you code?". To which I replied yes of course. Every interviewer asked me what I did for my PhD and we generally talked about my work. It seems that the most important thing for them was to determine whether I'll be a good fit with my vision, interests and prior experience. I would say personality is definitely another thing they look for even though you may not notice it.

People in this group seemed pretty young and open minded... especially the group leader (boss). The position in itself wasn't really the "code in the trenches" kind and it has quite a bit of flexibility and requires creativity and novel approaches. Perhaps that's why they were more interested in the vision and interests than coding.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit to this group?   Answer Question
    • Questions about my PhD work where I had to justify my decisions. They were difficult because the questions were coming from a different perspective than I would typically meet in academia.   Answer Question
    Although they couldn't up-front the relocation expenses, they did offer a hiring bonus.

Software Validation Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2012.

Interview consisted of no visit to Intel, just 2-3 phone interviews of 1/2 hour each with members of the group. Immediate hire. Hired by resume skills mostly.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Temp job.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

For a contract position of 3+ months duration. Interview process was phone-only, consisted of talking to 3 department members for 1/2 hour each. No in-person interview needed due to good resume.

No negotiation. Contract employment agency had previously set a fixed rate.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Informal, found out who was the hiring manager and agreed directly about screening and interviews

Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

1 phone interview

no negotiation

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Got an email from a hiring manager about setting up an interview for an internship. Interviewed over the phone (a basic chat to see if the team was a good fit for me and my basic understanding of the job I would have to do) and got an email a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • No super technical questions. Just concept questions. No need to provide solutions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

The interview included MS Project package, which I had to review and present it to a panel of interviewers. But post interview I was hired quickly. All went very smoothly.

Rotation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

Typically for engineers involves both a behavioral and a technical interviewPrimarily based around an informal behavioral interview for me as the only technical questions they had was for electrical engineering, but that was not my field, so it was a bit awkward. But this will vary greatly from group to group.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to work in a team where someone didn't contribute. What did you do?   Answer Question
    They did not negotiate at all.

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Had two simple interviews. Questions were directly related to previous work done, from resume. Process took about 3 weeks. One interview was taken by a Software Engineer and the other was with the Manager,over all discussion about the team, project, job role. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were from the projects and simple algos and data structures   Answer Question