Intel Corporation

Updated Jun 6, 2014

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I came from another city for the interview, though I was in the same state. Intel was cheap about the whole affair. They didn't want to pay for an overnight stay in even a motel, nor for a rental car. They insisted on a same day interview, which meant I had to catch a 6am flight to make it in time. I paid for the parking at airport and the taxi going and coming back to airport. It came to over $70 with tips. Intel sent me a $60 "gift card", which was better than nothing, but rather low class in the end.

I arrived nearly 1.5 hours early for the interview and they kept me waiting without so much as offering me coffee or water.
    I interviewed with groups of two to three paralegals and one attorney, for a total of about 8 people.
    Overall I was disappointed. They disparaged the company for being "cheap" on computer equipment, work accommodations ("We are all cube rats here"), paying for work-related travel, etc. They didn't really "sell" the positives of working there, either for the company nor in their group.

They seem to farm most of the real work out to outside counsel and they bog themselves down in the minutiae of over analyzing every issue and running it by other team members, which probably means it takes forever for them to get anything done.

Interview Questions
    • I got asked them same scenario questions over and over by each subsequent group, "What do you do if you have an irate business unit client that demands their work is given top priorirty", etc., etc. It wasn't "difficult" to answer, it just makes me wonder why there wasn't better coordination regarding the questions being asked of applicants, so there would not be duplication of effort.   Answer Question

Rotation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

Typically for engineers involves both a behavioral and a technical interviewPrimarily based around an informal behavioral interview for me as the only technical questions they had was for electrical engineering, but that was not my field, so it was a bit awkward. But this will vary greatly from group to group.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to work in a team where someone didn't contribute. What did you do?   Answer Question
    They did not negotiate at all.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

The interview included MS Project package, which I had to review and present it to a panel of interviewers. But post interview I was hired quickly. All went very smoothly.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Got an email from a hiring manager about setting up an interview for an internship. Interviewed over the phone (a basic chat to see if the team was a good fit for me and my basic understanding of the job I would have to do) and got an email a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • No super technical questions. Just concept questions. No need to provide solutions.   Answer Question

Senior Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Found position and applied on Intel web site. Was pleasantly surprised when contacted directly by hiring manager. Had 3 phone interviews with couple peers and the Director for my group. This went fairly quickly over the course of a couple of weeks. Had one on-site interview with the hiring manager. No other in person interviews as this position was for a new function that was an "experiment" (red flag for later!). Got an offer immediately after on-site interview.

Turns out this job was very undefined, and was not exactly what was in the description, or the hiring managers expectations. In a way I was not a good fit. But I actually took some classes (on my own time and dime) to get up to speed on the technical aspects, which helped greatly.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how my past experience was relevant to this position?   View Answer
    Recruiter stepped in with offer and back and forth.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2012.

Interview process include an initial interview and one day on-site. For the on-site you will have 4~5 technical interviews, and having lunch with the prospect manager.

Interview Questions
    • I am asked to print out all the possible letter combinations on telephone pad when you punch in a 7-digit number.   View Answer

Software Engineer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

Send the resume to the Intel's web site. Full day of the interview with 5 people.Technical and non technical questions. A week later got a phone call from the company with an offer.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Architecture questions

Analog Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2011.

mock manager interview taken by different managers, interviewed on analog basics, graduate level projects, indepth knowledge is needed

good

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

I had two phone interviews with two members of the team. First interview was not great but the second one was great. They asked me about the skills needed to do the internships and also about my PhD work. They needed someone for a long term internship like 9 months or more. I was OK with that.

Interview Questions
    • Before preparing for the phone screen, have a good look at the job req. Make sure you advertise those of your skill that are needed for the job. It is ok not to have all the skills. Nobody has that.   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!