Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 25, 2014

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2014.

Got through Employee Referral. One phone interview and then one on-site. Phone interview had questions to test my knowledge about the work that they have been doing and simple javascript questions. On-site: Discussed my previous projects and experience, algorithms questions and questions on frontend and puzzles.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2014.

I was very impressed that the process moved so fast. No delays. The whole process took a fraction of the time it would take at other big companies. Had two rounds of phone interviews then was called onsite. At the onsite interview I had 7 rounds of interviews, one hour each. The first was with senior manager and focused on behavioral, goals questions and then basic questions from what I had written on my resume. The next 5 were technical. I was tested on C, Java because that was what I said I was most comfortable with. Questions ranged from knowledge of the language e.g questions about how the garbage collector in java works, to coding questions on trees, pointers, recursion, string manipulation, arrays etc. Some interviewers also asked computer architecture questions e.g. caches, superscalar processor design etc... The last meeting was with project manager. Asked few questions concerning whether I liked group members and projects being worked on.

All in all the interviewers were very focused, professional, bright and helpful. It felt more like an interesting intellectual conversation than an interview.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2014.

Went thru two phone & two on-site 1:1 interviews including the hiring manager. Took 2 weeks to start first interview. No duplicate questions (seemed to be a good role play) and required good speech/presentation skills.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize internal conflicts or conclude a situation where your manager and his/her manager has different agenda?   View Answer

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Had two simple interviews. Questions were directly related to previous work done, from resume. Process took about 3 weeks. One interview was taken by a Software Engineer and the other was with the Manager,over all discussion about the team, project, job role. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were from the projects and simple algos and data structures   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2014.

Be as proactive as u can. Talk to people, ask for an interview with the hiring manager, talk to his staff/admin, find what are looking for before going to the formal interview. Come prepared with at least 3 STAR examples. Prepare GREAT questions to ask. Follow up with personal handwritten notes of thanks.

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I came from another city for the interview, though I was in the same state. Intel was cheap about the whole affair. They didn't want to pay for an overnight stay in even a motel, nor for a rental car. They insisted on a same day interview, which meant I had to catch a 6am flight to make it in time. I paid for the parking at airport and the taxi going and coming back to airport. It came to over $70 with tips. Intel sent me a $60 "gift card", which was better than nothing, but rather low class in the end.

I arrived nearly 1.5 hours early for the interview and they kept me waiting without so much as offering me coffee or water.
    I interviewed with groups of two to three paralegals and one attorney, for a total of about 8 people.
    Overall I was disappointed. They disparaged the company for being "cheap" on computer equipment, work accommodations ("We are all cube rats here"), paying for work-related travel, etc. They didn't really "sell" the positives of working there, either for the company nor in their group.

They seem to farm most of the real work out to outside counsel and they bog themselves down in the minutiae of over analyzing every issue and running it by other team members, which probably means it takes forever for them to get anything done.

Interview Questions
    • I got asked them same scenario questions over and over by each subsequent group, "What do you do if you have an irate business unit client that demands their work is given top priorirty", etc., etc. It wasn't "difficult" to answer, it just makes me wonder why there wasn't better coordination regarding the questions being asked of applicants, so there would not be duplication of effort.   Answer Question

Rotation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

Typically for engineers involves both a behavioral and a technical interviewPrimarily based around an informal behavioral interview for me as the only technical questions they had was for electrical engineering, but that was not my field, so it was a bit awkward. But this will vary greatly from group to group.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to work in a team where someone didn't contribute. What did you do?   Answer Question
    They did not negotiate at all.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

The interview included MS Project package, which I had to review and present it to a panel of interviewers. But post interview I was hired quickly. All went very smoothly.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Got an email from a hiring manager about setting up an interview for an internship. Interviewed over the phone (a basic chat to see if the team was a good fit for me and my basic understanding of the job I would have to do) and got an email a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • No super technical questions. Just concept questions. No need to provide solutions.   Answer Question

Senior Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Found position and applied on Intel web site. Was pleasantly surprised when contacted directly by hiring manager. Had 3 phone interviews with couple peers and the Director for my group. This went fairly quickly over the course of a couple of weeks. Had one on-site interview with the hiring manager. No other in person interviews as this position was for a new function that was an "experiment" (red flag for later!). Got an offer immediately after on-site interview.

Turns out this job was very undefined, and was not exactly what was in the description, or the hiring managers expectations. In a way I was not a good fit. But I actually took some classes (on my own time and dime) to get up to speed on the technical aspects, which helped greatly.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how my past experience was relevant to this position?   View Answer
    Recruiter stepped in with offer and back and forth.