Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Apr 16, 2015

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Informal, found out who was the hiring manager and agreed directly about screening and interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Got an email from a hiring manager about setting up an interview for an internship. Interviewed over the phone (a basic chat to see if the team was a good fit for me and my basic understanding of the job I would have to do) and got an email a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• No super technical questions. Just concept questions. No need to provide solutions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interview (30 minutes). Very light questions. Had a phone call the next day for a site interview. Questions emphasized personality. The only technical questions involved my previous work/research. Everyone was very polite and professional, from talent acquisition to senior engineers. The process moved fast. Two days after submitting my application, I received a phone call. The next day I had a "technical screen". I was called the next day to schedule an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Providing alternative solutions to my research (i.e. propose experiments with elemental analysis).   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Mostly behavioral interview. They're not really into brain teasers/puzzles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Review resume frst then pick 2-3 candidates for the phone interview. With a minor technical questions, pick 1-2 persons for the on-site interview. During the onsite interview, mostly see the behavior and potential whether he/she can co-work with team members.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be a tool owner as a process engineer?   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

My advising professor received an email from a former student saying he was looking for recent/soon-to-be graduates in Mechanical Engineering. I sent him my resume and the next day had an hour phone interview, consisting of the details of my engineering experiences and what I wanted to do in my career. The next week I had an informal interview in Santa Clara, mostly consisting of more questions about my engineering experiences, and a thorough tour of the facilities related to the position and a lot of detail about the specifics of the job (the hiring manager was very concerned both that I was a good fit for the job and that the job was a good fit for me). The next week I came in for a formal interview, consisting of a 30 minute presentation of my engineering experiences to the group and a series of one-on-one interviews with each member of the group. The questions weren’t too difficult, with the exception of a few technical questions (by the younger members) and one interviewer who had some sort of sheet of standard (mostly behavioral) interview questions for a process engineer.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: what are the 2 golden rules of an op amp (I’m a mechanical engineer)?   2 Answers

The job sounded amazing, but I got another offer for another (also amazing) job which had a much better location with regard to family and affordable housing.

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Had two simple interviews. Questions were directly related to previous work done, from resume. Process took about 3 weeks. One interview was taken by a Software Engineer and the other was with the Manager,over all discussion about the team, project, job role. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions were from the projects and simple algos and data structures   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty nice group leader, the manager is kinda pushing. Take only one week from 1st phone call to get the offer. Two 15min phone interview. 5-6h on site. Already got a lot of info and warning from the manager about the hard work >=9h per day and on-call forever.... we'll see.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

on going

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Received email about this position from the internal email system of our school, and I sent my resume to that person and given an interview over the phone. This position is to work on next-generation client(CPU) product in the area of architecture performance modeling and validation.

Interview Questions

• When browsing a web page, after clicking on the enter button, what happens sequentially from top to the bottom?   1 Answer

Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation