Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 25, 2014

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2011.

I was contacted by my hiring manager for a position as a result of a resume drop off at career fair at my university. I was a Computer Engineer who wanted to work on digital hardware (specifically Computer Architecture) but I had strong software skills as well. I had a single phone screen interview in which I was asked basic software questions. From that, I was brought on-site in Santa Clara facing 4 interviewers. I had one interview where I was quizzed on basic computer architecture; one interview focused solely on software design principles (no coding problems however); one general interview to feel out my college curriculum experience; one final interview to feel out my ambitions and desires in regards to work. After that, I spoke with the hiring manager who just wanted to get a feel or my personality. In all, it was a very easy interview for me because I was not grilled hard in any one technical area.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some pretty tough architect questions relating to Design For Test principles, cache architecture, pipeline construction. I don't remember the specifics from 2+ years ago however.   Answer Question
    I received a very good offer from the HR departnebt compared to some other companies I interviewed with. They explained the offer was a standard one for my grade level (Masters = Grade Level 5 @ Intel) that was not negotiable. There was a sizable moving bonus as well. Not much of a negotiator, I felt comfortable accepting it without making a fuss.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Just kind of called out of the blue. They didnt really interview me on much just asked basic c questions. Kind of easy to tell you the truth. If you have taken any sort of class in c your golden.

Nothing.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was hired as an intern then during internship interviewed for a fulltime position when graduated from college. Overall, this was the easiest software developer interview I had ever done. After 1 phone interview they brought me to their office. I then did 4 in-person interviews. 2 were technical and 2 were more business/soft skills/personality.

Interview Questions
    • I reversed a string. They questioned on basic object-oriented design. Gave me a basic situation and asked for me to design an overall class diagram of objects and functions I would need.
      One interview asked me a difficult SQL question at the beginning, I wasn't able to answer correctly. They then said they were done because the next questions were harder and left the room, was extremely rude. Still got the job though, I never had to work with that person thankfully.

Answer Question
    HR emailed me with offer. I tried to negotiate they said offer is not-negotiable.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Review resume frst then pick 2-3 candidates for the phone interview. With a minor technical questions, pick 1-2 persons for the on-site interview. During the onsite interview, mostly see the behavior and potential whether he/she can co-work with team members.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to be a tool owner as a process engineer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2011.

Had 2 sets of phone Interview . First round was simple mostly the interviewer asking some basic OOD question and my past projects.

Second Round was all technical questions.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation as it was for internship.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

The process was very similar to my experiences interviewing with other IT companies in Silicon Valley: first a recruiter contacts you via LinkedIn, you have a brief chat on the phone, then another HR person approaches you via email and arranges a f2f meeting with you and the hiring team. The on-site interview took 5 hours and included a 45-minute portfolio presentation to the group followed by four individual one-on-ones with the team members. They took a long time to get back to me after that but even though I didn't get selected (then), I appreciated the hiring manager calling me personally to tell the news instead of having someone from the HR send me a mass email.

Interview Questions
    • There was one older gentleman who had been with Intel for 20-something years who grilled me on "why does Intel need to worry about the end users" and asked very detailed questions about how I would have solved this and that problem had I been an Intel employee which I found a bit uncomfortable. He was clearly one of those "dinosaurs" whose manager had told him out of the blue to become more user-centered, UX oriented etc. and he didn't understand why.   Answer Question
    I was very pleased with the offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2012.

Phone interview: asked easy questions. Most are on glassdoor.
    On site Interview:
    Very nice arrangements for travel and hotel.
    Interview process was very good.
    Kind and relaxed interviewers.
    Asked everything about operating systems.
    Everything from hardware to software.
    Study Operating systems from Modern Operating Systems by Tenenbaum.
    Computer System architecture. Virtual memory, addressing.
    Questions:

1. Implement functions (in C) for insertion, removal of nodes from circular queue using arrays.
    2. Implement array reversal without iteration.
    3. Remove any node from Linked List. Remove the node which is the easiest to remove. Write code in C.
    4. What is the address in C code when we write &a. a is a variable. is it virtual address or physical address.
    5. Questions on projects on resume.

Great interviewers, remain calm.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2010.

Started out with a phone interview.
    Met with manager to go over the skills and suitable match.
    Interviewed with each of the team member, manager, manager's manager and VP.
    Met 1:1 with manager's manager.
    Made a presentation open to general public.
    The interview process was long but they were very fast and efficient about it. I visited Intel 9 times overall before getting the offer. I interviewed for a very specialized group and the questions in the interview were at no point difficult. They were more trying to see if I was the right fit as their requirements were very wide ranging.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest failure in your educational life? What was your biggest success?   Answer Question

Pre Silicon Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

I had 1 hour of Phone interview for the pre silicon verification. The person who interviewed me was a nice and very experienced person. He was more into RTL coding.
    He asked me completely on Computer Architecture subject. Like Pipelinig, Hazards of it, Cache memories, Virtual Memories. Also he asked me how much of VHDL I knew and when was it used last.
    One Digital logic question (Pretty easy one)
    This was for a Recent College Graduate position.

Good luck!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2010.

First, recruiter recommendation plus resume revisions. Second, a phone interviews and in formal meetings. Third, on site interview with internal team members and the main contact.

The company seems to be driven to promote from the inside, which is both a plus and a minus. Coming in as a lateral, it seemed as though I would have faced large hurdles I was forewarned of the company's general siloing, and institutional patterns that make it perhaps difficult to change. I enjoyed the idea of working with smart people, but did not relish that if they had well-established turfs that they were defending.

I did not pursue this opportunity very hard the further I was exposed to the environment, and that was obviously noted.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a markup on a markup?   View Answer