Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Apr 16, 2015
Updated Apr 16, 2015

Performance Analysis Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview on Comp Arch Questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for internships

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with two members of the team. First interview was not great but the second one was great. They asked me about the skills needed to do the internships and also about my PhD work. They needed someone for a long term internship like 9 months or more. I was OK with that.

Interview Questions

• Before preparing for the phone screen, have a good look at the job req. Make sure you advertise those of your skill that are needed for the job. It is ok not to have all the skills. Nobody has that.   Answer Question

Senior RF Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I had several phone interviews and then invited for on-site. The phone interviews went well and I was reasonably interested to go for on-site, so I did. Around 12 people interviewed me through out the day and it was certainly exhausting. Most of the sessions were technical with some behavorial questions. Most people were really nice and polite. It is a new college grad position but I was asked questions which needed relevant industry experience to answer properly. I was clear about my qualifications and background before interviewing. I was nonetheless asked and grilled about topics I have nothing to do with. That was a little frustrating.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught your immediate supervisor doing something illegal?   1 Answer

Job prospects did not excite me. The job seems more suited to MS level, not PhD.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

For a contract position of 3+ months duration. Interview process was phone-only, consisted of talking to 3 department members for 1/2 hour each. No in-person interview needed due to good resume.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Contract employment agency had previously set a fixed rate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly expected questions. C++ and algorithm questions were the hardest.   Answer Question

Software Validation Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of no visit to Intel, just 2-3 phone interviews of 1/2 hour each with members of the group. Immediate hire. Hired by resume skills mostly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Temp job.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

one phone interview followed up with research presentation on phone to a panel of 5 people. Had to send research presentation in advance

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Intel?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process include an initial interview and one day on-site. For the on-site you will have 4~5 technical interviews, and having lunch with the prospect manager.

Interview Questions

• I am asked to print out all the possible letter combinations on telephone pad when you punch in a 7-digit number.   1 Answer

Software Systems Quality Assurance Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

This was my second interview with Intel and it was after I had the phone interview. This was a face-to-face interview with 4 people (members of the group which I was going to work with). They mostly asked programming questions. Mostly basic and fundamental stuff (in C) like pointer and the difference between '*' and '&'; call by value or call by reference; Array lists and loops were also among their questions. One of them reviewed my resume carefully and came from top to the bottom and asked questions in all the sections and where it was necessary. About my projects and work experiences.
    I couldn't answer most of the programming questions because I am not a professional programmer and it has been years since I did some coding.
    I'm still waiting for their answer!

Interview Questions

• If we have a string of 7 characters and we can put from 'a' to 'z' in any of these places, write a program which its output is from 'aaaaaaa' to 'zzzzzzz'.   1 Answer

Process and Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was in-person and on campus with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, I was invited for a formal interview at Intel Labs in Santa Clara the following week. The formal interview consisted of six 1:1 interviews (~20 minutes each) with group members, and two phone interviews with senior managers.