Intel Corporation

Updated Nov 25, 2014

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

MBA Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2010.

Interview was a mix of behavioral and case questions. Very nice interviewers. They seem to really like entrepreneurial experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you choose between different possible projects?   Answer Question
    no negotiating allowed.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Headed to HQ for face2face interview. Three consecutive interviews were conducted by one product manager, one VP, and one product marketing manager.

Interview processes are similar: half behavioral questions and half professional questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see Intel's recent market challenge?   Answer Question
    • a follow-up questions How do you design a product to overcome that challenge?   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2009.

6 people interviewed each for 1/2 hr

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2009.

Basic background check by hiring manager: years of experiences, when was the last graduation, what classes taken.
    Specific questions (all technical) asked by senior engineers: Opamps functions/characteristics. How to define certain specs. Logics/Coding.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to leave your current position   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2007.

The interviewer asked a series of questions, some which related to the job, others that seemed a bit odd. One question that struck me as odd, and maybe it was the wording, was to name a time when I had to use library research. Now, I am in a department in school that relies on peer-reviewed journals and such to do most of my research, most of which can be found in online databases. It was probably nerves, but the word "library" itself made me think I needed to talk about in-library experience, which I had very little of because of my school's awesome databases of online resources. My answer could have been stronger.

Also, the interviewer asked me what group within the division I was interviewing for I would prefer, but none of those groups were mentioned online, and the interviewer kind of seemed unwilling to explain what each group did, despite names that were very vague as to what their purpose might be.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you used library research   View Answer

Design Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2009.

Met with 4 engineers and the manager of the team. The entire day took roughly 5 hrs to go through (1hr each, with an interview conducted over lunch). The 4 engineers all asked technical questions about layout, but somewhat basic and easy to pass for someone with the right background.

Interview Questions
    • Take a point on a surface. How do you know you're contained inside a box?   View Answers (2)

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Initial communications via email. Phone interview was setup in one week
    Phone interview went over the work that the group does and my background and skills. In the phone interview was to screen a person that was not fit for the position. I fit the reqs well and communicated the same effectively. 75% of the phone interview was questions about what I had done. I tried to tailor my responses to the position description. The 1:1 consisted of a full day interview with 5 people and a presentation of my research to the rest of the group. The questions were targetted as the people tried to get an understanding of my fit within the group, ability to handle complex questions, level of technical understanding and prowess

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict that you had with a peer or supervisor and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    The negotiation was smooth. They made an offer, I put up a counter and it was accepted immediately.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2010.

Phone screened for about 45 minutes with a follow up onsite interview. The interview consisted of 7 one-on-one interviews. It seemed as if there was not coordination as many of the interviewers asked the same question and many asked questions outside of my domain experience (which I was explicit about going into the interview).

Interview Questions
    • Diagram the frequency response of a signal after it has been passed through a 2X interpolation filter.   Answer Question

The total compensation was not competitive relative to other offers.

Process and Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Initial interview was in-person and on campus with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, I was invited for a formal interview at Intel Labs in Santa Clara the following week. The formal interview consisted of six 1:1 interviews (~20 minutes each) with group members, and two phone interviews with senior managers.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2011.

standard interview, phone interview to screen if you have the qualification they are looking for. face-to-face interview with individuals including hiring manager and co workers.