Intel Corporation

Updated Jun 6, 2014

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Found position and applied on Intel web site. Was pleasantly surprised when contacted directly by hiring manager. Had 3 phone interviews with couple peers and the Director for my group. This went fairly quickly over the course of a couple of weeks. Had one on-site interview with the hiring manager. No other in person interviews as this position was for a new function that was an "experiment" (red flag for later!). Got an offer immediately after on-site interview.

Turns out this job was very undefined, and was not exactly what was in the description, or the hiring managers expectations. In a way I was not a good fit. But I actually took some classes (on my own time and dime) to get up to speed on the technical aspects, which helped greatly.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how my past experience was relevant to this position?   View Answer
    Recruiter stepped in with offer and back and forth.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2009.

Basic background check by hiring manager: years of experiences, when was the last graduation, what classes taken.
    Specific questions (all technical) asked by senior engineers: Opamps functions/characteristics. How to define certain specs. Logics/Coding.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to leave your current position   View Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Initial communications via email. Phone interview was setup in one week
    Phone interview went over the work that the group does and my background and skills. In the phone interview was to screen a person that was not fit for the position. I fit the reqs well and communicated the same effectively. 75% of the phone interview was questions about what I had done. I tried to tailor my responses to the position description. The 1:1 consisted of a full day interview with 5 people and a presentation of my research to the rest of the group. The questions were targetted as the people tried to get an understanding of my fit within the group, ability to handle complex questions, level of technical understanding and prowess

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict that you had with a peer or supervisor and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    The negotiation was smooth. They made an offer, I put up a counter and it was accepted immediately.

MBA Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2010.

Interview was a mix of behavioral and case questions. Very nice interviewers. They seem to really like entrepreneurial experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you choose between different possible projects?   Answer Question
    no negotiating allowed.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2012.

Phone call, 1:1 in person, and then a round of in person interviews. Very interesting, cutting edge work. The position changed in scope over time. I was led to believe that I would get the job, and then did not, due to the changed scope. The people were very nice, professional, laid back. The atmosphere was cold. Labyrinths of of drab cubicles, lots of Lenovo ThinkPads, limited facilities for food, beverages or snacks. Seemed like the building would be a tough place for a creative person to work. It was very different from a typical Silicon Valley startup (ironic, since Intel is the ultimate Silicon Valley success story).

Interview Questions
    • Unexpectedly easy questions. I would have liked to have been challenged so that I could have shined brighter.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2010.

Phone screened for about 45 minutes with a follow up onsite interview. The interview consisted of 7 one-on-one interviews. It seemed as if there was not coordination as many of the interviewers asked the same question and many asked questions outside of my domain experience (which I was explicit about going into the interview).

Interview Questions
    • Diagram the frequency response of a signal after it has been passed through a 2X interpolation filter.   Answer Question

The total compensation was not competitive relative to other offers.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2012.

got 1 phone round and 5 panel on site interview

Interview Questions
    • can we use latch to sync cross clock domain   View Answer

low pay and job description was not my match

Process and Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2012.

Initial interview was in-person and on campus with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, I was invited for a formal interview at Intel Labs in Santa Clara the following week. The formal interview consisted of six 1:1 interviews (~20 minutes each) with group members, and two phone interviews with senior managers.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2011.

standard interview, phone interview to screen if you have the qualification they are looking for. face-to-face interview with individuals including hiring manager and co workers.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

I applied on-line and the interview consisted of a Phone Interview, two 1:1 Interview and a Group/Panel Interview. Initial interview was with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, I was told the decision will come in two weeks.