Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Initial contact: got a call from a recruiter likely because of contacts I already have in the company. Again this highlights the importance of keeping in touch with past coworkers.
    Interview:
    Phone screen - about a 45 min phone interview primarily to get some idea on the extent of my projects role in terms of complexity and my ability to articulate past product life cycles.

On site interview - flew to my on site interview since the group is not in Santa Clara. The questions are mostly situational and behavioral in nature. I knew that this group had limited consumer product development experience so I thought that the key to getting an offer was to relate past risks, issues & challenges and how I dealt and managed them to get a product out. This was a whole day one on one interviews with other program managers, one manager and an architect. There were no technical questions. I did make sure to highlight that I had SW dev experience as a programmer, tech lead and manager in previous companies.

Hiring process: I received the offer within the week after one on site interview. I spoke with the recruiter regarding the compensation. The base salary was a lateral move from another high tech company but the the profit sharing/company bonus was better. I accepted the offer after talking to my contacts in the company. I have to say that boring team was very efficient and very accessible.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a project / program with teams across different geographies, time zones, languages & cultures? I expected this question and it was asked more than once. This is a complex question as it calls into ones various skills: communication, organizational, physical and mental stamina and schedule flexibility.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation other than starting date. Intel provides for pay differential for positions in the Silicon Valley.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Recruited from college - two interviews at school, then invited to on-site weekend. Weekend included dinner with other recruits and some managers, 4 45-minute interviews, and lunch with a current analyst to discuss culture and area.
    Process took a couple of months, but I was still in school. If you apply with experience, it probably wouldn't take as long.

Interview Questions

• What financial controls would you put in place for a finance team at Intel?
      If you were CFO, what would be your top 3 priorities?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Design Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Informal, found out who was the hiring manager and agreed directly about screening and interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interview (30 minutes). Very light questions. Had a phone call the next day for a site interview. Questions emphasized personality. The only technical questions involved my previous work/research. Everyone was very polite and professional, from talent acquisition to senior engineers. The process moved fast. Two days after submitting my application, I received a phone call. The next day I had a "technical screen". I was called the next day to schedule an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Providing alternative solutions to my research (i.e. propose experiments with elemental analysis).   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

For a contract position of 3+ months duration. Interview process was phone-only, consisted of talking to 3 department members for 1/2 hour each. No in-person interview needed due to good resume.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Contract employment agency had previously set a fixed rate.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Mostly behavioral interview. They're not really into brain teasers/puzzles.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

My advising professor received an email from a former student saying he was looking for recent/soon-to-be graduates in Mechanical Engineering. I sent him my resume and the next day had an hour phone interview, consisting of the details of my engineering experiences and what I wanted to do in my career. The next week I had an informal interview in Santa Clara, mostly consisting of more questions about my engineering experiences, and a thorough tour of the facilities related to the position and a lot of detail about the specifics of the job (the hiring manager was very concerned both that I was a good fit for the job and that the job was a good fit for me). The next week I came in for a formal interview, consisting of a 30 minute presentation of my engineering experiences to the group and a series of one-on-one interviews with each member of the group. The questions weren’t too difficult, with the exception of a few technical questions (by the younger members) and one interviewer who had some sort of sheet of standard (mostly behavioral) interview questions for a process engineer.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: what are the 2 golden rules of an op amp (I’m a mechanical engineer)?   2 Answers

The job sounded amazing, but I got another offer for another (also amazing) job which had a much better location with regard to family and affordable housing.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty nice group leader, the manager is kinda pushing. Take only one week from 1st phone call to get the offer. Two 15min phone interview. 5-6h on site. Already got a lot of info and warning from the manager about the hard work >=9h per day and on-call forever.... we'll see.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

on going

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Received email about this position from the internal email system of our school, and I sent my resume to that person and given an interview over the phone. This position is to work on next-generation client(CPU) product in the area of architecture performance modeling and validation.

Interview Questions

• When browsing a web page, after clicking on the enter button, what happens sequentially from top to the bottom?   1 Answer