Intel Corporation

Updated Jun 6, 2014

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Mostly behavioral interview. They're not really into brain teasers/puzzles.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

My advising professor received an email from a former student saying he was looking for recent/soon-to-be graduates in Mechanical Engineering. I sent him my resume and the next day had an hour phone interview, consisting of the details of my engineering experiences and what I wanted to do in my career. The next week I had an informal interview in Santa Clara, mostly consisting of more questions about my engineering experiences, and a thorough tour of the facilities related to the position and a lot of detail about the specifics of the job (the hiring manager was very concerned both that I was a good fit for the job and that the job was a good fit for me). The next week I came in for a formal interview, consisting of a 30 minute presentation of my engineering experiences to the group and a series of one-on-one interviews with each member of the group. The questions weren’t too difficult, with the exception of a few technical questions (by the younger members) and one interviewer who had some sort of sheet of standard (mostly behavioral) interview questions for a process engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: what are the 2 golden rules of an op amp (I’m a mechanical engineer)?   View Answers (2)

The job sounded amazing, but I got another offer for another (also amazing) job which had a much better location with regard to family and affordable housing.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Pretty nice group leader, the manager is kinda pushing. Take only one week from 1st phone call to get the offer. Two 15min phone interview. 5-6h on site. Already got a lot of info and warning from the manager about the hard work >=9h per day and on-call forever.... we'll see.

on going

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Received email about this position from the internal email system of our school, and I sent my resume to that person and given an interview over the phone. This position is to work on next-generation client(CPU) product in the area of architecture performance modeling and validation.

Interview Questions
    • When browsing a web page, after clicking on the enter button, what happens sequentially from top to the bottom?   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Review resume frst then pick 2-3 candidates for the phone interview. With a minor technical questions, pick 1-2 persons for the on-site interview. During the onsite interview, mostly see the behavior and potential whether he/she can co-work with team members.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to be a tool owner as a process engineer?   Answer Question

Software Validation Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2012.

Interview consisted of no visit to Intel, just 2-3 phone interviews of 1/2 hour each with members of the group. Immediate hire. Hired by resume skills mostly.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Temp job.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

The process was very similar to my experiences interviewing with other IT companies in Silicon Valley: first a recruiter contacts you via LinkedIn, you have a brief chat on the phone, then another HR person approaches you via email and arranges a f2f meeting with you and the hiring team. The on-site interview took 5 hours and included a 45-minute portfolio presentation to the group followed by four individual one-on-ones with the team members. They took a long time to get back to me after that but even though I didn't get selected (then), I appreciated the hiring manager calling me personally to tell the news instead of having someone from the HR send me a mass email.

Interview Questions
    • There was one older gentleman who had been with Intel for 20-something years who grilled me on "why does Intel need to worry about the end users" and asked very detailed questions about how I would have solved this and that problem had I been an Intel employee which I found a bit uncomfortable. He was clearly one of those "dinosaurs" whose manager had told him out of the blue to become more user-centered, UX oriented etc. and he didn't understand why.   Answer Question
    I was very pleased with the offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2011.

Had 2 sets of phone Interview . First round was simple mostly the interviewer asking some basic OOD question and my past projects.

Second Round was all technical questions.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation as it was for internship.

Senior RF Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I had several phone interviews and then invited for on-site. The phone interviews went well and I was reasonably interested to go for on-site, so I did. Around 12 people interviewed me through out the day and it was certainly exhausting. Most of the sessions were technical with some behavorial questions. Most people were really nice and polite. It is a new college grad position but I was asked questions which needed relevant industry experience to answer properly. I was clear about my qualifications and background before interviewing. I was nonetheless asked and grilled about topics I have nothing to do with. That was a little frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught your immediate supervisor doing something illegal?   View Answer

Job prospects did not excite me. The job seems more suited to MS level, not PhD.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview, followed by onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly expected questions. C++ and algorithm questions were the hardest.   Answer Question