Intel Corporation

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

Supply/Demand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2012.

The interview process took up the whole day. There were four 1 on 1 interview sessions with the hiring managers where they asked behavioral style questions. there was also a case study where they gave me a sheet of data in which I was to interpret and make some calculations to support conclusions and suggestions. Overall it was a great interview experience, though it was intense and challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Has there ever been a time where you have had to question authority? How did you go about doing it and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

The process was very similar to my experiences interviewing with other IT companies in Silicon Valley: first a recruiter contacts you via LinkedIn, you have a brief chat on the phone, then another HR person approaches you via email and arranges a f2f meeting with you and the hiring team. The on-site interview took 5 hours and included a 45-minute portfolio presentation to the group followed by four individual one-on-ones with the team members. They took a long time to get back to me after that but even though I didn't get selected (then), I appreciated the hiring manager calling me personally to tell the news instead of having someone from the HR send me a mass email.

Interview Questions
    • There was one older gentleman who had been with Intel for 20-something years who grilled me on "why does Intel need to worry about the end users" and asked very detailed questions about how I would have solved this and that problem had I been an Intel employee which I found a bit uncomfortable. He was clearly one of those "dinosaurs" whose manager had told him out of the blue to become more user-centered, UX oriented etc. and he didn't understand why.   Answer Question
    I was very pleased with the offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2012.

got 1 phone round and 5 panel on site interview

Interview Questions
    • can we use latch to sync cross clock domain   View Answer

low pay and job description was not my match

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2012.

Phone call, 1:1 in person, and then a round of in person interviews. Very interesting, cutting edge work. The position changed in scope over time. I was led to believe that I would get the job, and then did not, due to the changed scope. The people were very nice, professional, laid back. The atmosphere was cold. Labyrinths of of drab cubicles, lots of Lenovo ThinkPads, limited facilities for food, beverages or snacks. Seemed like the building would be a tough place for a creative person to work. It was very different from a typical Silicon Valley startup (ironic, since Intel is the ultimate Silicon Valley success story).

Interview Questions
    • Unexpectedly easy questions. I would have liked to have been challenged so that I could have shined brighter.   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

Questions from previous work experience, digital design and computer architecture

What is pipelining?
    What is paging?
    Difference between sequential circuits and combinational circuits?
    State machine questions
    Virtual memory
    Cache coherency
    Cache types and techniques to improve cache performance

Interview Questions
    • describing an old project that I had worked on   View Answer
    no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

I applied on-line and the interview consisted of a Phone Interview, two 1:1 Interview and a Group/Panel Interview. Initial interview was with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, I was told the decision will come in two weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

I received an email from my department asking me to send my resume to a Software Engineer position at Intel. I sent my resume and after about a month, I was contacted directly by a Team lead from the Power Management group at Intel. They asked me my preferred date and time for the phone interview and I scheduled it a week later.

Contract Software Engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2011.

This was an on-site interview for a 6-month contract position. My resume had been forwarded by a recruiter. Although a contract position was not my primary objective, I wanted to get more practice interviewing and to see if the interviewing/hiring process for a temporary position would be different. The hiring manager came to fetch me in the lobby and apparently expected someone different as he had to ask the person at reception to point me out. We went to a small interview room, where he started asking me about my experience while reviewing my resume on his laptop. He soon cut me short to try to find group members to interview me, who arrived after a few minutes, upon which the hiring manager left. One of the two interviewers started with questions to determine better which level of the software stack I had been programming at, asked me for a block diagram, asked me to describe some of the APIs exported by the system I had worked with, etc. The interviewer tended to change the question midway through my answer, and this went on and on. He seemed impatient with the pace of my answers. The other engineer was reading from her laptop (my resume? her email?). After some minutes of being bombarded with questions without being able to answer any of them to completion, I paused and said maybe we should stop the interview. At that point, the questioner backed off a bit and his companion took over. We did some white board programming. They answered the few questions I had and left, whereupon the hiring manager returned and gave me a final white-board programming problem. Soon he was done and escorted me back to the entrance. The white-board programming questions were not too bad, but overall the experience was dreadful because of the way I was bombarded with questions by the one interviewer. Besides that, they were visibly not interested in me as a candidate. In my opinion they conveyed a terrible impression of the company. Furthermore, the layout of the building was unappealing: white walls, narrow hallways, small rooms. A nightmare that left me feeling trashed afterwards for the rest of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail the APIs (with parameters) and hardware components used to set up a video stream pipeline in a set-top box.   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Initial contact: got a call from a recruiter likely because of contacts I already have in the company. Again this highlights the importance of keeping in touch with past coworkers.
    Interview:
    Phone screen - about a 45 min phone interview primarily to get some idea on the extent of my projects role in terms of complexity and my ability to articulate past product life cycles.

On site interview - flew to my on site interview since the group is not in Santa Clara. The questions are mostly situational and behavioral in nature. I knew that this group had limited consumer product development experience so I thought that the key to getting an offer was to relate past risks, issues & challenges and how I dealt and managed them to get a product out. This was a whole day one on one interviews with other program managers, one manager and an architect. There were no technical questions. I did make sure to highlight that I had SW dev experience as a programmer, tech lead and manager in previous companies.

Hiring process: I received the offer within the week after one on site interview. I spoke with the recruiter regarding the compensation. The base salary was a lateral move from another high tech company but the the profit sharing/company bonus was better. I accepted the offer after talking to my contacts in the company. I have to say that boring team was very efficient and very accessible.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage a project / program with teams across different geographies, time zones, languages & cultures? I expected this question and it was asked more than once. This is a complex question as it calls into ones various skills: communication, organizational, physical and mental stamina and schedule flexibility.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation other than starting date. Intel provides for pay differential for positions in the Silicon Valley.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2011.

Had 2 sets of phone Interview . First round was simple mostly the interviewer asking some basic OOD question and my past projects.

Second Round was all technical questions.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation as it was for internship.