Intel Corporation

66 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral interview. They're not really into brain teasers/puzzles.

Interview Question – What's your biggest accomplishment in your career?   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Senior Paralegal
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – I came from another city for the interview, though I was in the same state. Intel was cheap about the whole affair. They didn't want to pay for an overnight stay in even a motel, nor for a rental car. They insisted on a same day interview, which meant I had to catch a 6am flight to make it in time. I paid for the parking at airport and the taxi going and coming back to airport. It came to over $70 with tips. Intel sent me a $60 "gift card", which was better than nothing, but rather low class in the end.

I arrived nearly 1.5 hours early for the interview and they kept me waiting without so much as offering me coffee or water.
I interviewed with groups of two to three paralegals and one attorney, for a total of about 8 people.
Overall I was disappointed. They disparaged the company for being "cheap" on computer equipment, work accommodations ("We are all cube rats here"), paying for work-related travel, etc. They didn't really "sell" the positives of working there, either for the company nor in their group.

They seem to farm most of the real work out to outside counsel and they bog themselves down in the minutiae of over analyzing every issue and running it by other team members, which probably means it takes forever for them to get anything done.

Interview Question – I got asked them same scenario questions over and over by each subsequent group, "What do you do if you have an irate business unit client that demands their work is given top priorirty", etc., etc. It wasn't "difficult" to answer, it just makes me wonder why there wasn't better coordination regarding the questions being asked of applicants, so there would not be duplication of effort.   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Graduate Technical Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with two members of the team. First interview was not great but the second one was great. They asked me about the skills needed to do the internships and also about my PhD work. They needed someone for a long term internship like 9 months or more. I was OK with that.

Interview Question – Before preparing for the phone screen, have a good look at the job req. Make sure you advertise those of your skill that are needed for the job. It is ok not to have all the skills. Nobody has that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Student Interview

Software Engineer Student
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details – Send the resume to the Intel's web site. Full day of the interview with 5 people.Technical and non technical questions. A week later got a phone call from the company with an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process include an initial interview and one day on-site. For the on-site you will have 4~5 technical interviews, and having lunch with the prospect manager.

Interview Question – I am asked to print out all the possible letter combinations on telephone pad when you punch in a 7-digit number.   View Answer

Senior Strategic Planner Interview

Senior Strategic Planner
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details – Found position and applied on Intel web site. Was pleasantly surprised when contacted directly by hiring manager. Had 3 phone interviews with couple peers and the Director for my group. This went fairly quickly over the course of a couple of weeks. Had one on-site interview with the hiring manager. No other in person interviews as this position was for a new function that was an "experiment" (red flag for later!). Got an offer immediately after on-site interview.

Turns out this job was very undefined, and was not exactly what was in the description, or the hiring managers expectations. In a way I was not a good fit. But I actually took some classes (on my own time and dime) to get up to speed on the technical aspects, which helped greatly.

Interview Question – Explain how my past experience was relevant to this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruiter stepped in with offer and back and forth.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Technical Program Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact: got a call from a recruiter likely because of contacts I already have in the company. Again this highlights the importance of keeping in touch with past coworkers.
Interview:
Phone screen - about a 45 min phone interview primarily to get some idea on the extent of my projects role in terms of complexity and my ability to articulate past product life cycles.

On site interview - flew to my on site interview since the group is not in Santa Clara. The questions are mostly situational and behavioral in nature. I knew that this group had limited consumer product development experience so I thought that the key to getting an offer was to relate past risks, issues & challenges and how I dealt and managed them to get a product out. This was a whole day one on one interviews with other program managers, one manager and an architect. There were no technical questions. I did make sure to highlight that I had SW dev experience as a programmer, tech lead and manager in previous companies.

Hiring process: I received the offer within the week after one on site interview. I spoke with the recruiter regarding the compensation. The base salary was a lateral move from another high tech company but the the profit sharing/company bonus was better. I accepted the offer after talking to my contacts in the company. I have to say that boring team was very efficient and very accessible.

Interview Question – How do you manage a project / program with teams across different geographies, time zones, languages & cultures? I expected this question and it was asked more than once. This is a complex question as it calls into ones various skills: communication, organizational, physical and mental stamina and schedule flexibility.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation other than starting date. Intel provides for pay differential for positions in the Silicon Valley.

Analog Engineer Interview

Analog Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2011.

Interview Details – mock manager interview taken by different managers, interviewed on analog basics, graduate level projects, indepth knowledge is needed

Interview Question – transistor level of adc design   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – Architecture questions

Interview Question – Detail explain architecture OOO scheme.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details – Recruited from college - two interviews at school, then invited to on-site weekend. Weekend included dinner with other recruits and some managers, 4 45-minute interviews, and lunch with a current analyst to discuss culture and area.
Process took a couple of months, but I was still in school. If you apply with experience, it probably wouldn't take as long.

Interview Question – What financial controls would you put in place for a finance team at Intel?
If you were CFO, what would be your top 3 priorities?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.