Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by Intel after signing up for a career conference. At the career fair, Intel conducted two back to back hour long interviews by members of their Operational Finance team. Both interviews were one on one. Each interview was the same in that there were a mix of behavioral questions (pretty standard questions with a general theme of being able to influence a decision in an organization) and a mix of hypothetical manufacturing finance questions.

I was invited to Hillsboro, Oregon for the second and final round of interviews. In Oregon I went through two additional one hour interviews. The first interview was more of a consulting style "case" interview; however, at the time I had no idea what a case interview was and still managed to get my way through it. The second interview was yet another behavioral interview. The second round interviews were surprisingly similar to the first round in both difficulty and content.

Intel invites you out for the weekend to get acclimated to the Oregon area and to attend a couple of networking events. There's a certain culture that exists in Oregon and a lot of the employees seem to be originally from that area.

Interview Question – The selling price of CPUs is going down and the cost of producing CPUs is going up. What would you look at to respond to this situation?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I received an offer at about $101k/yr. My attempt to negotiate didn't go anywhere. Ultimately I decided to decline the offer as the culture of the organization seems to be dominated by engineers, and I feared that as a finance guy, I'd be somewhat of a second-class citizen. I do believe that it's a strong organization and they treat their people well, but ultimately it wasn't for me.

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – did a phone interview and was brought on campus for all day 2nd round interviews. After the process, I was made an offer and given a number of site options to consider. Was given sometime to accept offer. Offer came with base salary, sign on bonus and relo. Later was sent some job openings to consider.

Interview Question – None all the questions were pretty much standard.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – The position and hiring process was exclusive to recent college graduates through the university. The application was submitted through university system> I was notified a few days later that I was an invited for an interview at the expected date and time later that week. The interview process included two back-to-back 1-on-1 interviews with different recruiters. I was notified 2 weeks later through the university system that I would not be invited for a second interview.

Interview Question – The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions. There were some technical questions mixed, but these were designed to tease out behavior and cultural fit as well.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was applied through university career website and was selected for campus interview. There were two interviews 45 mins long one after another. The interviewers were warm and friendly and asked mostly the behavioral questions. Second interviewer asked some finance related questions about ROI, NPV and WACC.

Interview Question – How will you decrease the WACC of the company?   Answer Question

Folsom, CA

I interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

Interview Details – 2 initial interviews, then final onsite interviews (3)

Interview Question – If we could build the frame to a FAB for 1 billion today with the possibility of using it to manufacture what is believed by some to be a revolutionary product. The FAB could cut the time to the market in half if the product goes into production. You have no data to support or fall back on for this product. Should you build the FAB?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Back to back interviews. 1 purely behavioral; 1 based on a case study surrounding a case study.

Interview Question – I had 12 minutes to calculate NPVs and recommend an investment strategy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Waiting to hear back

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process is usually pretty straightforward. If your resume is strong enough, you'll be contacted by someone from Intel. That person is like a sponsor, so get to know the well. First round is over the phone or on-campus. Second round might be a dinner or networking event. The third round is an interview with 3 different hiring managers. The process was great for getting a sense of how Intel works and what they value.

Interview Question – Know how to calculate Weighted Average Cost of Capital!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple and open. Intel values people that express their opinions clearly and confidently.

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – Internal transfers into Finance at this company (from another field) require two phone screens, one technical, the other behavioral, but really both are technical. Be warned there is a bias against very technical fields like engineering, so expect s chop on the shoulder of the non-technical interviewer at this engineering company.

Negotiation Details – There was none for an internal offer.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – Strangest interview ever. No questions about me, my interests, or my background. Interviewers were stone faced and impersonal. Questions were focused really superficially on determining how well the candidate could play well with others. A couple of technical questions about how I would explain npv and dcf to a project manager. Waste of my time and the other candidates felt the same.

Interview Questions

• Explain and impact of intel wacc to a project manager who wants to use a lower rate to justify his project   View Answer
  • What do you see as the biggest challenges facing intel in the next five years?   View Answer

Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone for my first interview, which lasted an hour, and was primarily technically-oriented. My second and third interviews were at a conference, both were mostly behavioral. My last set of interviews was on the Chandler site, and the questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – On a buy vs. make question, we delved into the specifics of depreciation expense, and whether or not that would impact the investment decision.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have not begun the negotiation phase, just received the offer recently.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!