Intel Corporation

Intel Corporation Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview consisted of two one hour interviews. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. The interviewers were very aggressive and confrontational. The interview ended with a 15 minute role-play in conflicted resolution mixed with technical finance questions. The interviewer assumed the role of an angry engineer whose project I had just canceled and I had to resolve the problem. Not fun.

Interview Questions
  • Asked the same questions 5 times until I had to say that I had no further input.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Back to back interviews. 1 purely behavioral; 1 based on a case study surrounding a case study.

Interview Questions
    • I had 12 minutes to calculate NPVs and recommend an investment strategy.   View Answer
    Waiting to hear back

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

First round consisted of on campus interview with a manager and a phone interview. Second round consisted of a group presentation followed by a dinner with current employees and the recruiting manager. The next day, three individual one hour interviews were scheduled followed by lunch with an employee. It was a thorough interview process.

Interview Questions
    • A non-financial manager on a project you are assigned to tells you that your discount rate is wrong and that you should use a lower discount rate. Which discount rate do you use? What do you do?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Two back to back 1:1 interviews on campus. I was interviewing for a finance summer internship position. Both technical and fit questions. I was also asked about some industry trends and what I thought about Intel's strategy going forward. We talked about different valuations methods, what to do when faced with certain difficulties, SOX, internal vs. external auditors, and Intel's McAfee purchase. The interviewers were quite friendly and nice, but some questions were tough and quite specific.

Interview Questions
    • The company is thinking of using a price reduction strategy, how would you go about evaluating this decision?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about the McAfee purchase?   View Answer
    • What do you think keeps our CEO/CFO up at night?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see Intel in 5 and 10 years?   Answer Question
    • You have a line of products and you need to decide which ones to produce, since your factory is already running at max capacity and you can't produce all of them. How would you go about making this decision?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2007.

The interview process was very thorough. It began with an hour long phone interview that was mainly assessing financial concepts such as NPV analysis and decision outcomes, make vs. buy analysis etc. The second interview was a 1:1 interview which was mostly financial case studies and personality questions. The interviewers were very knowledgable and professional and I did feel at ease with them.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the decision process of ranking projects.   Answer Question
    • What other factors should you consider other than NPV to consider a project?   View Answers (3)
    Unfortunately the company doesn' t negotiate pay or benefits but you have the opportunity to negotiate the location. The offer you receive is for a Financial Analyst position and you will be assigned to a group when you are about to come on board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

The position and hiring process was exclusive to recent college graduates through the university. The application was submitted through university system> I was notified a few days later that I was an invited for an interview at the expected date and time later that week. The interview process included two back-to-back 1-on-1 interviews with different recruiters. I was notified 2 weeks later through the university system that I would not be invited for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions. There were some technical questions mixed, but these were designed to tease out behavior and cultural fit as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

I was applied through university career website and was selected for campus interview. There were two interviews 45 mins long one after another. The interviewers were warm and friendly and asked mostly the behavioral questions. Second interviewer asked some finance related questions about ROI, NPV and WACC.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

The position was posted on a campus job board. I applied and was contacted in about 10 days to schedule an on-campus interview. The initial interview was with 2 employees in Intel finance that were volunteering their time. They were back-to-back 30 minute interviews, the first was a structured behavioral interview and the second was a role-playing exercise. I was selected and notified to travel to Portland for a second round of interviews. Candidates (about 12) were told that we were not competing against each other, the interviews were to to test fit and qualification for the position. There was a presentation about the benefits and then we had 3 individual, one-hour interviews which were again, structured, behavioral interviews. I was notified within 10 days that I would not receive an offer and told why. It was a lengthy process, but came across as fair and relevant.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you used creativity to solve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

It was 2 phone interviews one after the other. RCG positions for senior
    financial analyst.

Interview Questions
    • When I say internal controls - what comes to your mind ?   View Answer
    • What Intel products interest you ?
      Follow up question : Do you think Intel will be successful
      in this product 5 yrs from now ?
        Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

The first communication with the company following my submittal of the application was a screening interview. In this interview, the recruiter asked me some high-level technical questions and a few behavioral.

During the second round, I met with two individuals (separately) for about an hour each. In the second set of interviews, there were a lot more behavioral questions. They asked a variety of the standard "Tell me about a time when..." questions, and a couple related to decision-making.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you were in charge of making the hiring decision for a security service for your office, and during the annual bidding process had an employee approach you regarding their brother, who owned and operated a security company, would you allow their brother to bid for the contract. Why or why not?   View Answers (2)

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!