Intel Corporation

3.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

I was initially contacted by Intel after signing up for a career conference. At the career fair, Intel conducted two back to back hour long interviews by members of their Operational Finance team. Both interviews were one on one. Each interview was the same in that there were a mix of behavioral questions (pretty standard questions with a general theme of being able to influence a decision in an organization) and a mix of hypothetical manufacturing finance questions.

I was invited to Hillsboro, Oregon for the second and final round of interviews. In Oregon I went through two additional one hour interviews. The first interview was more of a consulting style "case" interview; however, at the time I had no idea what a case interview was and still managed to get my way through it. The second interview was yet another behavioral interview. The second round interviews were surprisingly similar to the first round in both difficulty and content.

Intel invites you out for the weekend to get acclimated to the Oregon area and to attend a couple of networking events. There's a certain culture that exists in Oregon and a lot of the employees seem to be originally from that area.

Interview Questions
  • The selling price of CPUs is going down and the cost of producing CPUs is going up. What would you look at to respond to this situation?   View Answer

I received an offer at about $101k/yr. My attempt to negotiate didn't go anywhere. Ultimately I decided to decline the offer as the culture of the organization seems to be dominated by engineers, and I feared that as a finance guy, I'd be somewhat of a second-class citizen. I do believe that it's a strong organization and they treat their people well, but ultimately it wasn't for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

did a phone interview and was brought on campus for all day 2nd round interviews. After the process, I was made an offer and given a number of site options to consider. Was given sometime to accept offer. Offer came with base salary, sign on bonus and relo. Later was sent some job openings to consider.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

The position and hiring process was exclusive to recent college graduates through the university. The application was submitted through university system> I was notified a few days later that I was an invited for an interview at the expected date and time later that week. The interview process included two back-to-back 1-on-1 interviews with different recruiters. I was notified 2 weeks later through the university system that I would not be invited for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions. There were some technical questions mixed, but these were designed to tease out behavior and cultural fit as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

I was applied through university career website and was selected for campus interview. There were two interviews 45 mins long one after another. The interviewers were warm and friendly and asked mostly the behavioral questions. Second interviewer asked some finance related questions about ROI, NPV and WACC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

2 initial interviews, then final onsite interviews (3)

Interview Questions
    • If we could build the frame to a FAB for 1 billion today with the possibility of using it to manufacture what is believed by some to be a revolutionary product. The FAB could cut the time to the market in half if the product goes into production. You have no data to support or fall back on for this product. Should you build the FAB?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

The position was posted on a campus job board. I applied and was contacted in about 10 days to schedule an on-campus interview. The initial interview was with 2 employees in Intel finance that were volunteering their time. They were back-to-back 30 minute interviews, the first was a structured behavioral interview and the second was a role-playing exercise. I was selected and notified to travel to Portland for a second round of interviews. Candidates (about 12) were told that we were not competing against each other, the interviews were to to test fit and qualification for the position. There was a presentation about the benefits and then we had 3 individual, one-hour interviews which were again, structured, behavioral interviews. I was notified within 10 days that I would not receive an offer and told why. It was a lengthy process, but came across as fair and relevant.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you used creativity to solve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

This was a second round interview and I was flown out to Portland. There were three interviews (behavioral/ technical questions). The event was two days total (dinner, lunch and a happy hour was interspersed over the course of the two days).

Overall people were very friendly and interested in picking the best candidates for the finance rotational program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Back to back interviews. 1 purely behavioral; 1 based on a case study surrounding a case study.

Interview Questions
    • I had 12 minutes to calculate NPVs and recommend an investment strategy.   View Answer
    Waiting to hear back

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview consisted of two one hour interviews. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. The interviewers were very aggressive and confrontational. The interview ended with a 15 minute role-play in conflicted resolution mixed with technical finance questions. The interviewer assumed the role of an angry engineer whose project I had just canceled and I had to resolve the problem. Not fun.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the same questions 5 times until I had to say that I had no further input.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2009.

The hiring process is usually pretty straightforward. If your resume is strong enough, you'll be contacted by someone from Intel. That person is like a sponsor, so get to know the well. First round is over the phone or on-campus. Second round might be a dinner or networking event. The third round is an interview with 3 different hiring managers. The process was great for getting a sense of how Intel works and what they value.

Interview Questions
    • Know how to calculate Weighted Average Cost of Capital!   Answer Question
    Simple and open. Intel values people that express their opinions clearly and confidently.