Intel Corporation

www.intel.com

Intel Corporation Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews in Oregon

5 interviews

3.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

I was initially contacted by Intel after signing up for a career conference. At the career fair, Intel conducted two back to back hour long interviews by members of their Operational Finance team. Both interviews were one on one. Each interview was the same in that there were a mix of behavioral questions (pretty standard questions with a general theme of being able to influence a decision in an organization) and a mix of hypothetical manufacturing finance questions.

I was invited to Hillsboro, Oregon for the second and final round of interviews. In Oregon I went through two additional one hour interviews. The first interview was more of a consulting style "case" interview; however, at the time I had no idea what a case interview was and still managed to get my way through it. The second interview was yet another behavioral interview. The second round interviews were surprisingly similar to the first round in both difficulty and content.

Intel invites you out for the weekend to get acclimated to the Oregon area and to attend a couple of networking events. There's a certain culture that exists in Oregon and a lot of the employees seem to be originally from that area.

Interview Questions
  • The selling price of CPUs is going down and the cost of producing CPUs is going up. What would you look at to respond to this situation?   View Answer

I received an offer at about $101k/yr. My attempt to negotiate didn't go anywhere. Ultimately I decided to decline the offer as the culture of the organization seems to be dominated by engineers, and I feared that as a finance guy, I'd be somewhat of a second-class citizen. I do believe that it's a strong organization and they treat their people well, but ultimately it wasn't for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

The position and hiring process was exclusive to recent college graduates through the university. The application was submitted through university system> I was notified a few days later that I was an invited for an interview at the expected date and time later that week. The interview process included two back-to-back 1-on-1 interviews with different recruiters. I was notified 2 weeks later through the university system that I would not be invited for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions. There were some technical questions mixed, but these were designed to tease out behavior and cultural fit as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

I was applied through university career website and was selected for campus interview. There were two interviews 45 mins long one after another. The interviewers were warm and friendly and asked mostly the behavioral questions. Second interviewer asked some finance related questions about ROI, NPV and WACC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2011.

Internal transfers into Finance at this company (from another field) require two phone screens, one technical, the other behavioral, but really both are technical. Be warned there is a bias against very technical fields like engineering, so expect s chop on the shoulder of the non-technical interviewer at this engineering company.

There was none for an internal offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2011.

Strangest interview ever. No questions about me, my interests, or my background. Interviewers were stone faced and impersonal. Questions were focused really superficially on determining how well the candidate could play well with others. A couple of technical questions about how I would explain npv and dcf to a project manager. Waste of my time and the other candidates felt the same.

Interview Questions
    • Explain and impact of intel wacc to a project manager who wants to use a lower rate to justify his project   View Answer
    • What do you see as the biggest challenges facing intel in the next five years?   View Answer

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!