Intel Corporation

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume in the system, and I got a phone interview with an engineering in 30 minutes regarding my research. After I passed a phone interview, I got on-site interview. There are three other candidates with different engineering backgrounds. We took turns to interview with 4 team members and finally got an interview with a hiring manager. After all interviews were done, and we presented our research to the team members. It was a day-long process.

Interview Question – Difficult questions were coming from the current technical issues they had been experiencing in the process. Basically, how can we dispose polymer in the packaging process when certain sets of devices and conditions were given? The velocity of a dispenser and the amount of polymer are key outcome while varying temperature, viscosity, and configurations of polymer. You have to know about the relationship between viscosity and force and the characteristics of polymer. Another important thing that you should remember is how temperature is affecting the shear force of polymer. There are rare happenings of brimming over the die package specification. You should know about why it is happening, how you can handle it, and what might be the solution techniques at least in a brief format.   Answer Question

Aloha, OR

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for a process engineer position in Oct and I was contacted in Jan for a phone interview.

Phone interview was 30 mins with half of it being the hiring manager explaining the organization and the position and the 2nd half of it being related to my PhD work. Nothing unexpected. Mostly soft techanical questions, no behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to an on-site interview.

On-Site was from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm with 3 panel interviews (1 behavior, 1 technical and 1 with higher up manager), 1 hour for lunch with current engineers and 1 hour campus tour. The panel interviews were with 2 engineers each. The behavioral interview was pretty straight forward with alot of question similar to those posted on Glassdoor. Techanical was pretty straightforward, I brought handouts with my PhD work and explained it and had to explain some situations where I had to do X or Y.

Final interview with the area manager was pretty straightforward, alot of similar questions to the ones asked earlier. Campus tour was nice.

Overall the on-site interview was very straightforward and casual as it could be.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. What would you do if your knew your boss was doing something wrong (technically) at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I heard back from the hiring manager about a week later and was offered a position. The package was really good and competitive for a RCG PhD student. I didn't really negotiate my base salary but I was able to have a flexible start date (since I'm still trying to wrap everything up with my PhD work) and get particular vacation days for pre-existing stuff.

Hillsboro, OR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – Full Day interview from 8.30 to 4.30 pm followed by a 40 minute presentation

Interview Question – Random Chemistry questions and general lifestyle habits etc.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went to an info session at my university. I am a PhD candidate in chemistry. I submitted my resume after the info session to the recruiter, and he gave me a call back that night to schedule for a campus interview the next day. During the campus interview, there were two recruiters. They asked about my expected graduation date (which is ~1 yr and 3 months from the date of the interview). They said that they were hiring for people who are graduating within a year from that date, and while they still interviewed me, they said to contact them back in a few months to remind them. At this point, I thought okay, I'm not qualified time-wise. During the campus interview, they asked about the basic idea of what I do in my PhD work, whether or not I have been in charge for an instrument in my research group and what my tasks were. They asked whether I am more comfortable doing wet chemistry or dry chemistry, if I've ever worked with high vacuum, etc. One of the behavioral questions they asked is what I did when I had a conflict with my supervisor and how I feel about working long hours. They also told me about some of the expectations for this position (including being on-call etc). I came out of the interview feeling very neutral (I wasn't sure whether it went well or not since my PhD background is not too relevant to what process engineers do and the fact that my tentative graduation date conflicts with their hiring time frame). The next day after the campus interview, I got a phone call from the recruiter asking if I'd be interested in a second on-site interview at Hillsboro in 2 months. I thought I wasn't considered this round due to my faraway graduation time, but he said there's a leeway so I got a second interview. I was surprised the process was very quick.

2 months later, during the on-site interview which started at 9 am, I was greeted with the first group leader host who I assume put together the schedule for my interview day. He explained to me for 45 mins about the brief history of Intel and the technology. This was followed by my 45-60 min presentation on my PhD work in front of two senior process engineers. Followed by a 1-hr interview by a different group leader in the cafeteria. I went to lunch with the same 2 process engineers who attended my research seminar. This is when I asked them what they really think about their jobs, the pros and cons, and some advice for me. I tried my best to ask them every concern I have regarding the job position and Hillsboro/Portland location. After lunch, I met with the area manager and a different group leader again in the cafeteria. The atmosphere was very casual. Some of the questions they asked are again, what I did in my PhD, what tools I've been in charge of and if I ever had to fix it and what I did, and strangely no behavioral question. Not really any technical question either. In fact, a lot of times the interviewers asked me if I have questions for them. At last, I met again with the first group leader host who asked me how I'm doing and if I have other questions...overall the interview experience was very casual and pleasant although I found it confusing that they weren't asking me a lot of questions (I did a lot of the asking). Again, it's not clear to me whether the interview went amazing or just okay. The group leader host told me I should hear back from them within 2 weeks. I thought I wasn't going to hear back from them after a week of waiting, but I got an offer letter exactly 2 weeks later from the HR.

Interview Question – What do you say to your advisor when you don't meet his/her expectations in terms of your research/experimental goals for the week? How did you deal with it?
Explain to me what instruments/tools you are/were in charge of during your PhD. What did you have to do to maintain the instruments? Did you ever have to fix it yourself?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In the offer letter I got, the benefits are good. The base salary is really high (higher than my expectation but within the upper range that I was going to negotiate for), but the number they gave me was NOT negotiable. I heard it's based on some calculations they have based on the tier of school you come from and your background (and maybe also how much they really want you to join Intel).

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – A person from Intel came to our college campus to give a seminar/information session about Intel. He previously had mentioned that he would be accepting CV/Resume's after his session. This is how I got to meet him and give him my CV in person. After a week of the information session, I got an email from the same person asking if I would be available for a phone interview. After exchanging a few mails we decided on a date and time. On the day of the interview, there were two people asking me questions. One was the same person I spoke to in campus and the other whom I have not met before. They both were very friendly and spoke very casually asking me questions about my thesis work and the equipments that I have used for my thesis work. After nearly 40 minutes of questions that comprised of technical aspects of my research, behavioral and details of my past research experience, they asked me if I would be interested to visit them for an on-site interview. I have scheduled the interview in a few weeks.

Interview Question – Describe to me briefly about your research in two minutes!--This one was particularly hard not because I do not know my own research, but its hard to express all the intricate details of 5+ years of work that I have done in 2 minutes!   Answer Question

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – both technical and behavior interviews at the onsite interview

Interview Question – several technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation on base.
sign up and EB can be negotiated.

Chandler, AZ

I interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and recieved an email from the manager after couple of days. They invited me to the onsite interview and they pay everything that is very good compared to other companies. The interview was from 8am to 5pm including a presentation by me. People were very nice and I liked the atmosphere. They asked technical and behavioural questions that were sort of easy to answer. There were couple of questions outside my area of expertise and I honestly told them that it is not my area.

Interview Question – Questions related to stress analysis related to static course.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview Details – I am a fresh Ph. D student and applied the job for Senior Process Engineer position. I sent the resume on campus visiting by Intel stuff and got the phone interview two weeks later without any schedule on Friday afternoon. The interview is about 1 hour and contain two behavior questions and four questions about semiconductor.

Interview Question – If the growth rate of the PECVD become faster than before, how to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter on campus and did an interview the very next day. I was asked to come for an onsite interview and I went a couple months later.

The onsite interview was from 8:30am-6:30pm. I did an hour long presentation on my research and then I met with 10 people back to back for 30-45 min each. It was a mix of managers and peers. They mainly asked questions about my research and my thought process. I also got the typical behavioral questions, but those only came from one person and she had a list of questions to ask, maybe from HR. I left the interview feeling very good about it. I hadn't gotten stumped on any questions and was able to maintain a positive demeanor throughout the very long day. I thought I'd for sure get an offer, but I didn't. Not sure what they're looking for.

Interview Question – What is novel about your research?   Answer Question

Hillsboro, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

Interview Details – I cam to know about the position of Senior process Engineer at Intel Corporation via University Recruiting. I send my resume and cover letter to the recruiter and I got an email for telephonic interview after three weeks from the hiring manager. Telephonic interview was about company's job description and my Ph.D. research work. I was successful ib convincing the hiring manager and I got the offer for the site interview. I was told that it will the day long interview with one hour presentation of my research work.
On site interview started at 9;30 AM in the morning with interviewers changing every 30 minutes. These were behavioural as well as technical questions. During lunch time, we grabbed food from cafetaria and we attended company's seminar. We were also given fab's window tour after my research presentation to the prospective hiring group. The final interview was taken by the Area Manager and we left at 4:30 PM.
After two weeks, I got the offer letter. However, due to my Ph.D. graduation and work authorization issues. I joined after 5 months of receiving the letter.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavioural and ability to perform in stressful work environment with unpredictable and long working hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as the salary offered was quite impressive for the fresh PhD graduate.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!